30th September 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I complete my MBBS studies after clearing IAS examination?

Well currently I'm in MBBS 3rd sem , I've done my intermediate with PCMB and my degree in BCA. While i was preparing for IAS i got my seat to MBBS, but now I'm confused weather i should go for IAS examination and if succeeded then after that could i continue my medical study?
Would i have to sacrifice one of them or would i get a study leave for my MBBS if i became an IAS officer?

30th September 2016, 08:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I complete my MBBS studies after clearing IAS examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well currently I'm in MBBS 3rd sem , I've done my intermediate with PCMB and my degree in BCA. While i was preparing for IAS i got my seat to MBBS, but now I'm confused weather i should go for IAS examination and if succeeded then after that could i continue my medical study?
Would i have to sacrifice one of them or would i get a study leave for my MBBS if i became an IAS officer?
You have completed BCA degree, so you are not eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

You can complete MBBS course after completion of IAS course.
30th September 2016, 09:04 PM
stutiswet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Firstly, you are not eligible for IAS examination as of now. You are eligible for exam only if you are in final year of your MBBS study. Currently, you cannot apply for IAS exam (formally called Civil Services Exam). This exam can be qualified in three stages i.e. Preliminary exam, Main exam, Personal Interview.
30th September 2016, 10:10 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can not leave Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course in between and then again come back after certain years to complete this course. This provision is not allowed by Medical Council of India.

*You must complete your MBBS course first then you can apply for Civil Services examination. The age limit for Civil Services examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

*You can continue to prepare for Civil Services examination along with MBBS. In coming 3 years, you can have good grip your syllabus of IAS and you can clear it in first attempt and in this way, you will not have to sacrifice anything.
1st October 2016, 12:55 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. You can not join this course if you leave this course at present and come after sometime to again resume this course.

Why would you sacrifice any one, you can apply for Civil Services examination after MBBS course. It is good that you have done BCA but MBBS is one of the best bachelor's degree and you can take any subject from MBBS as an optional for IAS examination. In this way you will have to sacrifice none of two.
24th July 2019, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in B.Sc degree in 2019. I am preparing and planning to give AIIMS exam for MBBS studies and UPSC CSE for becoming an IAS officer both in 2020 or AIIMS in 2020 and UPSC in 2021.

My question is if i got selected in UPSC anytime, will i get to complete mbbs studies? As i want to achieve both goals. Can anybody suggest or help me for what should i do first and what i should after that? Please.
6th May 2020, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

Can I study BBS after clearing civil service exs
11th July 2021, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

I am a graduate and currently into upsc preparation and I'm planning to do masters next year and also sit for Upsc exam next year . Can I continue masters and then join for training if at all I clear the exam?
4th December 2021, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBBS after upsc preperation??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?