14th October 2017, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Pharma after completion of 12th with Maths?

Can I do B.Pharma after completion of 12th with Maths? Can you please let me know what's the criteria required to apply for the course? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this as soon as possible. Awaiting for your response. Thanks!

15th October 2017, 03:00 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Pharma after completion of 12th with Maths?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.Pharma course. The eligibility to get admission in course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as main paper.

Instead of Biology candidates with Biotechnology or Mathematics are also eligible to appear in entrance examination for admission in course.

The age limit to get admission in course is 17 years. The entrance examination is conducted by various institutes and candidates after qualifying in examination will become eligible for admission. The course is of four year duration.
15th October 2017, 03:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Pharmacy course is:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board of India. Candidates from both group PCB as well as PCM are eligible for Bachelor of Pharmacy course.

>>The minimum age limit is 17 years for this course.

You are eligible for Bachelor of Pharmacy after completion of 10+2 with Mathematics. You can apply for entrance exams like UPSEE, WBJEE etc to get admission in Bachelor of Pharmacy.
15th October 2017, 03:26 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

B.Pharmacy stands for Bachelor of Pharmacy.

This course is related to Pharmaceutical industry dealing with Medicines and Drugs.

After 12th with Maths, you can pursue this course even if you don't studied with Biology in 12th.

You need to appear for an entrance test conducted by that institute itself containing basic maths, English and chemistry questions.

After qualifying entrance test, you will be enrolled for B.Pharmacy course in that institute.
15th October 2017, 03:43 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You are eligible to do B-Pharmacy course after completion of 12th class with Mathematics.

Here is the complete eligibility criteria.

Candidate should have scored 10+2 with any of the subjects like Mathematics/Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

The candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in 10+2.

Some colleges will ask for minimum 60% of marks.

Admission would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

This is a 4 year course being offered by so many Pharmacy colleges in India.

There is good career scope and job opportunities for the candidates after completion of this course.

I would suggest you to have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and try to get more marks in the Entrance Exam through which you will be having the scope to get admission in top college.

In case if you don't get admission for B-Pharmacy course, I would suggest you to do Diploma course first with the duration of 2 years.

No Entrance Exam is required to get admission for D-Pharmacy course.

Admission would be given directly by considering your percentage of marks in 10+2.

After completion of D-Pharmacy course, you can give the Entrance Exam and get admission directly into 2nd year of B-Pharmacy course.
15th October 2017, 03:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.Pharma course. The course is of four year duration.

The eligibility to get admission in course is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology\Mathematics\Biotechnology.

So, you can appear in entrance examination and after qualifying in examination will be eligible to get admission in B.Pharma course.
15th October 2017, 03:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

B.Pharma refers to Bachelor of Pharmacy and as the name suggests same is a undergraduate degree course with fairly good career scope.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing B.Pharmacy degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board.

So having completed your Class 12th with Maths you are eligible for pursuing B.Pharmacy degree course if other subjects pursued by you in your Class 12th includes Physics and Chemistry also. Also your aggregate in Class 12th must be at least 50%.

Further for admissions in good colleges for pursuing B.Pharmacy from good colleges you need to qualify entrance examinations like :-

1) Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test.

2) BHU UET for B.Pharmacy.

3) State Common Entrance Test CET.
15th October 2017, 05:48 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

B.Pharma refers to Bachelor of Pharmacy and the minimum educational qualification required for pursuing the same degree course is a higher secondary school degree in Science stream with PCM/PCB/PCMB group with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education.

So it is quite evident from above mentioned fact that having completed your Class 12th with Maths you are eligible for pursuing B.Pharma degree course if you have pursued Chemistry and Physics also at your Class 12th level and have managed 50% marks.
15th October 2017, 06:03 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can B.Pharma after 12th with Mathematics. Candidates passed 12th with PCM/PCB or with Physics, Chemistry and Biotechnology are eligible to appear in examination for admission in B.Pharma course.

So, you can appear in entrance examination conducted by various universities for admission in the course. The duration of course is four year.

The minimum age limit and required aggregate to appear in examination varies with examination.
15th October 2017, 06:05 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Yes, you are eligible for Pharmacy course after completion 12th.

Eligibility criteria for pharmacy course:

1. Passed 12th standard with 50% marks and score 50% in Physics, Chemistry and 50% for Biology students also.

2. Age limit: 18 to 21 years

3. Nationality: Indian
15th October 2017, 06:51 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to do B.Pharma after completion of your 12th standard with Mathematics subject. To be eligible to pursue B.Pharma course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a Government recognised board. So, being a 12th standard student with Mathematics subject, you are not eligible to pursue B.Pharma course.
15th October 2017, 07:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue Bachelor degree in Pharmacy after 12th with mathematics stream ( PCM ).

The common required eligibility to get admission in course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology.

Candidate must have scored minimum 55% in board examination.

So, you can appear in entrance examination conducted by various institutes for admission in course.
15th October 2017, 07:26 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** B.Pharm. or Bachelor of Pharmacy is an undergraduate Pharmacy course.

** The duration of this course is four years.

** Candidate must have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board i.e PCB or PCM.

** As per my knowledge, you are eligible to do B.Pharma after completion of 12th with Maths.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?