8th May 2015, 05:17 PM
SANJAY COOL

Can I do B.Tech from civil stream by distance after doing mechanical diploma

I am mechanical diploma holder can i do b tech from civil stream by distence

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities for Diploma Civil Engineer? List of distance colleges which offer B.Tech program?
  2. PG Diploma/Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering through Distance/Correspondence studies (AICTE Approved)?
  3. Can I do B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Mechanical Engineering and four year work experience in the field of civil engineering?
  4. How to complete B.Tech in Civil Engineering after doing diploma mechanical? names of the institutes which are approved by government sector?
  5. Can I study Civil Engineering Diploma course through Distance Education being an Arts graduate?
  6. Which are the B.Tech colleges in AP offering distance in B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  7. Which are the B.Tech colleges in AP offering distance in B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Possibility to study Mechanical Engineering for Diploma in Civil Engineering student through JELET?
  9. List of distance engineering universities in which I can apply after completing diploma in Civil Engineering course?
  10. Mr. Ummend Singh Bhati Group of College is AICTE accredited or not?
  11. List of colleges in Hyderabad offering B,Tech course through distance learning?
  12. How to do B.Tech in Civil after diploma in Civil from Delhi under distance education
  13. List of top 10 private colleges of engineering in Haryana? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is it possible to take admission in Civil after doing diploma in Mechanical? What is the criteria for the same?
  15. List of distance colleges in Uttarakhand for Diploma in Mechanical?
  16. How to do B.Tech in distance after completing diploma?
  17. Is it worthy to study Distance Diploma in Civil Engineering course for getting promotion if working in DHFL? List of Distance universities which offer this course?
  18. Institutes offering Civil Engineering course through distance education?
24th May 2015, 01:13 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech from civil stream by distance after doing mechanical diploma

See, there are two possibilities and we would like to discuss both of them.

If you opt for the Mechanical branch for the engineering then the advantages that you will get are

1) You will get direct admission in the 2nd year since you have completed your diploma.
2) During placements also, you will have the better edge because diploma holders are assumed to have better technical knowledge and there diploma+degree holders are given preference over candidates who have only complete their degree.

Now, of you want to get Civil branch in your b.tech, you are not eligible for the lateral entry and then you have to appear freshly as the candidate who appears after 12th. In that case neither your diploma in Mechanical will hold much value nor you will be able to extend your knowledge of Mechanical training in the CIVIL engineering course.

But yes, with this option you will be eligible for the
- posts of technical assistants for mechanical department on the basis of your diploma and
- posts of AE though your CIVIL degree after the completion of your degree.

So, see every option wisely before you choose.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?