14th April 2012, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I do CA while doing B.Com? I am a 12th student from commerce stream

iam 12th student from commerce stream.can i able to do ca while doing b.com.please give me detailed information

Related Questions:
  1. Bcom Admission Opportunities for 12th standard PCM Stream Students? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Career options for 12th Commerce student?
  3. What is the highest paid up job in commerce stream? I am a class 12th student
  4. Can I pursue a career in software engineering after passing from commerce stream?
  5. What are the courses available which have the combination of Commerce and Computer for 12th Commerce student?
  6. Can I do CA during B.Com? I have passed 12th from commerce
  7. Possibility to study B.Com/BBA in St. Xavier's College, Ranchi for 12th Commerce student?
  8. Can I do CA while doing B.Com? I am a 12th student from commerce stream
  9. What is the admission process for B.Com correspondence from North Campus? Where to get the admission form? I have given 12th board in march by commerce stream
  10. Can I reappear in 12th board exams with Science if completed with Commerce?
  11. How much marks do I need to get in 12th from commerce stream to get admission in B.Com in BHU?
  12. How to do B.Com in international business from abroad? I am a student from 12th
  13. Is it possible to study commerce stream 11th and 12th while studying BCA 4th semester?
  14. What to do after completion of 12th Commerce? Scope for me in the Commerce stream?
  15. Procedure to get admission in St. Xavier's College for study B.Com(H) for 12th Commerce without Maths student?
  16. Eligibility for getting student visa for Canada after 12th in Commerce stream with 70% marks?
  17. How to to become a teacher after doing B.Com Hons with Account subject
  18. Is it possible for me to do B.Arch after 12th? I am a student of XI commerce stream with Maths
15th May 2012, 09:40 PM
krithika.mm

Default Re: Can I do CA while doing B.Com? I am a 12th student from commerce stream

Yes, it is possible to do CA while pursuing B.Com.

Requirements for becoming a Chartered Accountant:

--> Enrol with the Institute for Common Proficiency Test (CPT) after passing class 10

--> Appear in CPT after appearing in the senior secondary examination (10+2 examination)

--> Enrol for Group I or Group II or for both Group I and Group II of Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) to become “Chartered Accountant”.

--> Successfully complete 9 months of study course from the date of IPCC registration.

--> Successfully complete Orientation Course of one week spanning 35 hours

--> Successfully complete 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT) before commencement of articled training.

--> Appear and pass Group I as well as Group II of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE).
Group I is composed of four papers and Group II is composed of three papers.

--> Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years, on passing either Group I or both the Groups of IPCE.

--> Register for CA Final Course and prepare for CA Final Examination.

--> Undergo General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) (15 days) course while undergoing Final Course and serving the last 12 months of articled training.

--> Complete 3 years period of articled training.

--> Appear in the Final Examination on completion of the practical training or while serving last 6 months of articled training on or before the last day of the month preceding the month in which the examination is to be held.

--> Pass final examination and complete GMCS, if not completed earlier.

--> Enrol as a member of ICAI and designate as “Chartered Accountant”.

All the best!!
28th June 2012, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do CA while doing B.Com? I am a 12th student from commerce stream

Is it possible to manage time for both C.A and College?
Please Reply
28th June 2012, 11:04 PM
artigoyal52

hi dear,
Yes ofcourse you can do CS while doing B.Com,but you have to do hard work more and more.Its little bit tough for manage time for both but student can do it by doing hardworking.
Good Luck
29th June 2012, 12:32 AM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
iam 12th student from commerce stream.can i able to do ca while doing b.com.please give me detailed information
hello
yes ofcourse you can do CA and can do B.com private with CA.
but if you are doing B.com and the you give cpt exam then you can do also
there is a another option if you are not register for CA and you are doing B.com
then after complete B.com you can do Ipcc direct after b.com without give the cpt exam.
but if you have register yourself then you have to give entrance exam of CA.

good luck
29th June 2012, 01:38 AM
janvi roy

Dear friend,

Yes you are eligible to do both at a time.
For B.com complete your +2 and take admission in college.
For CA give the CPT exam,qualify for the exam and start your courses.
Good luck
29th June 2012, 09:18 AM
tikkisettimadhavi74

hello friend..,
yes..,you can do CA absolutely while doing B.Com.

Chartered Accountancy(CA) is a challenging profession that offers practice or job opportunities in the areas of accounting, auditing, corporate finance, project evaluation etc.

C. A. Course comprises of 4 Important Levels
1) Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
2) Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC)
3) Three years Articleship/ Traning under a Practicing CA
4) C. A. Final

As you said that you are from commerce background,it is not a risky task for you.
If you can manage multitasking,completing CA while pursuing your degree becomes possible.
But hard work plays a vital role here.Its a bit hard to manage studying both simultaneously.
At an earlier age of 20-21,you can earn a pretty good salary.
Even at your third level of your training,you will earn stipend.

So,I think that this is a perfect way for you if you are capable of hard working..
Hope for the best...

Do the best
29th June 2012, 11:11 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...............
As you are doing B.com you can go for CA course .The details steps are as follows.....

For more details visit official website of ICAI.
http://www.icai.org.in

Good luck.........
29th June 2012, 03:27 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

hello,
I am happy to say you,you can do CA while doing B.com.
As everyone know CA is one of the toughest study so you have to do hardwork while doing B.com with CA.
You have to give more time to study.
Best of luck
29th June 2012, 04:00 PM
nishantverma1

Thumbs up Re: Can I do CA while doing B.Com? I am a 12th student from commerce stream

Dear friend,

After the 12th the student has to manage his/her time and had to do work hard thus if you want to do C.A with B.com than you can do it But point is that you have to manage your time according to it.

Best of luck.
26th April 2013, 06:40 AM
Unregistered

after tenth which subject will be best to do c.a. eccept commerce.
26th April 2013, 10:52 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

YES, you can study the CA course along with doing your B.COM

CA course has 3 stages:
>> CPT
> IPCC
>> FINAL

After passing class 12th you can enrol for the CPT course
Once you pass the CPT course you can get admission in the IPCC stage

In the CPT exams questions are asked from the below sections:
Fundamentals of accounting
Mercantile LAWS
General economics
Quantitative Aptitude

All the questions are asked in objective mode only
Candidates scoring minimum 50% marks are declared as pass
15th June 2013, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

After b.com graduate can we directly get admission in IPCC
15th June 2013, 03:42 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are a class 12th studying candidates thus at first you will have to register for CPT(Common Proficiency Test) and you will only be eligible to appear when you complete your class 12th Education.

You will then have to register for Intermediate course.To apply for this course,you will require to meet these eligibility conditions :-
  • You must have passed the class 12th examination from recognized board/university.
  • Your minimum marks in class 12th should be 50%.
  • You must have clear the CPT(Common Proficiency Test) Exam.
Note :- If you have already passed the Entrance Examination/Foundation Examination/Professional Education(Examination I),then you will be eligible to Register for Intermediate course.

Syllabus for Intermediate Level

For Group I
  • Accounting conventions and Practices.
  • Royalty and Hire Purchase.
  • Receipts and Payments/Income and Expenditure Accounts.
  • Partnership Accounting.
  • Branch and Departmental Accounts.
  • Accounting Standards.
  • Joint Stock Companies.
  • Preparation of Company Accounts.
  • Accounting service in Organization.
  • Accounting and Interpretation of Financial Statements.
For Group II
  • Commercial and Industrial Law.
  • Laws relating to sale of Goods.
  • Industrial Laws.
  • Auditing.
  • Companies Act Provisions relating to audits.
  • Review and Audit of internal control system.
  • Information system audit.

15th June 2013, 04:14 PM
ravi6

Dear,

Yes,You can do CA as well as with study of B.COM...
The Eligibility creteria for CA is as.....

A CPT exam,you must be cleared,it's a first step for CA.
Then after CPT..you must be appear for IPCC and then in the final stage,you can go.

Regards...ravi6
15th June 2013, 04:16 PM
ravi6

Dear,

Yes,after full graduation...you can directly go in IPSS stage for CA.

Regards...ravi6
13th May 2014, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i m confused dat while doing c.a , from where should i do my bcom,??? I wanted to do it from delhi univrsity in correspondence or distant edu. But due to d new ammendmnts, its getting tougher that how can i do my bcom of 4 yrs. n ca together????
plzz help me as soon as possible
with due regards!...
thank u!...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?