20th June 2021, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I do distance degree and then become an IAS OFficer?

I am completed my inter in bipc stream. I want to become an IAS ..can i do degree in distance and than become IAS so that I will prepare simultaneously?

21st June 2021, 06:09 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do distance degree and then become an IAS OFficer?

Yes, definitely you are eligible for IAS test even if you have completed your graduation through distance education because the academic qualification required to appear for IAS exam is you must have complete your graduation in any stream from any recognised college / University, no matter you have completed your graduation through regular course or distance course.

Selection process of IAS exam is:-
> Preliminary examination
> Main exam
> Interview
21st June 2021, 06:19 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the IAS exam after completing graduation with distance education.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service exam .
This exam conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-
The candidate should be citizen of India.
The candidate should complete the graduation from any recognised university.
There is no minimum percentage of marks required to eligible for this exam.
The final year pursuing candidates are also eligible for this exam .

The age should be between 21 to 30 years.
3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates
5 years age relaxation for SC/ ST candidates. b

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

The number of attempts:-
For general category - 4 attempts.
OBC - 7 attempts
SC/ST - No limit of attempts.

The candidate should be physically fit for this exam.

Selection procedure:-
Main exam
Interview.

For more details visit the official website -
http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st June 2021, 09:26 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Minimum Educational qualification required to appear UPSC (IAS) examination is Graduation from a govt recognised university. Distance graduation degree is also valid for UPSC and other state service exams. You can certainly do Distance degree and can appear in the UPSC exam.
21st June 2021, 10:22 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Of course, if you want to become an IAS officer then you can pursue distance degree course.
But make sure that you are pursuing your graduation from a recognised distant University of India so, that your degree is recognised.

°°° In order to become an IAS officer , you have to apply for civil services examination, and to appear in this exam, the candidate should have done my graduation in any discipline from a recognised University of India.
The minimum age is required to apply for this exam is 21 years and maximum is 32 years however, relaxation in a limit is provided to reserved category students belonging to scheduled castes/scheduled tribes/other backward classes.
22nd June 2021, 01:07 AM
periwinkle09876

Yes, you can do distant degree course and then become an IAS officer.
If you complete your distant degree course from a recognized university then it is valid. To be an IAS officer, one must have done graduation in any stream either through regular or distant mode of education from a recognized university.
22nd June 2021, 09:11 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.R.S officers etc.

The required eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination after bachelor degree in distance mode. You have to do better preparation with dedication and devotion to qualify in the examination. For more information about syllabus and other details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?