3rd July 2020, 07:20 PM
Anu patidar

Can I do M.Sc in Veterinary Science after completion of B.Sc in Biochemistry?

Hi, I have completed my B.Sc with specialization in Biochemistry. So, now am I eligible to do M.Sc with specialization in Veterinary Science? Would it be a good subject combination?

5th July 2020, 02:26 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Sc in Veterinary Science after completion of B.Sc in Biochemistry?

Yes, since you have completed Bachelor in Biochemistry so you are eligible for pursuing M.Sc. in Veterinary Science.

Note that you must have secured at least 60% marks in Bachelor course to be eligible for pursuing Masters course.

It would be a good subject combination as both subjects are closely related to each other. After pursuing this course, you would be able to treat animals using clinical, medical, diagnostic and surgical methods.

I have listed below the institutes that are well known for M.Sc. Veterinary Science course.
  • Karnataka Veterinary Animal and Fisheries Sciences University
  • Rajiv Gandhi College of Veterinary and Animal Science
  • College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
  • Indian Veterinary Research Institute
  • Govind Ballabh Pant University Agriculture and Technology
5th July 2020, 05:02 PM
Edu_tech

Default Re: Can I do M.Sc in Veterinary Science after completion of B.Sc in Biochemistry?

The eligibility criteria to get admission in M.V.Sc. Veterinary Medicine:

Candidates should have completedgraduation in B.Sc. / B.V.Sc. / AHB or an equivalent degree in a science stream from a recognized university.
Candidates should score 60% of marks in their graduation.
Note: The percentage criteria may vary from one college to another.

You can also make a career in the following aspects of veterinary science:

Animal Biochemistry
Animal Biotechnology
Animal Breeding & Genetics
Animal Nutrition
Veterinary Gynecology & Obstetrics
Veterinary Pathology
Poultry Science
Livestock Economics

Career Scope after M.VSc.
Carrer options after pursuing M.VSc. are:

Assistant Professor
Drug Safety/Pharmacovigilance Associates
Teaching
Companion animal veterinarian
Equine veterinarians
Food animal veterinarians
Doctors
Veterinary Surgeon
Food safety and inspection veterinarians
Research veterinarians
Sales and Marketing Executive
Medical Representative
Mounted Regiments Associates
5th July 2020, 08:26 PM
PatilJuhi12

Candidate who have passed B.Sc. in Biochemistry can pursue M.Sc. with specialization in Veterinary Science.
Eligibility for M.Sc. in Veterinary Science : Science degree from recognized board & candidate should obtain 60% in Bachelor degree.
Veterinary science deals with the health, Well being and treatment of both domestic and wild animals.
After passing M.Sc. in veterinary science candidate can work as Veterinarian Physician, Veterinarian Assistant, Veterinary Neurologist and Dermatologist and can find jobs within Research Education at University & Government Research Institutions.
It will be a very good career option for any B.Sc degree candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?