6th February 2011, 03:41 PM
Aradhana Sahu

Can I do M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering or Bioinformatics after B.Tech. in biotechnology?

is B.tech( Biotech) gradudate can do mtech(Chemical)/Mtech(Bioinformatics

Related Questions:
  1. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  2. Best colleges for M.Tech in Bioinformatics? List of private universities?
  3. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  4. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  5. Mtech in Biomedical Engineering after Btech in Industrial Biotechnology?
  6. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  8. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  9. Can I do M.Tech in Chemical engineering after B.Tech Biotechnology?
  10. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  11. How many subjects are there in Biotech and which are they
  12. Which course is best to study for Post Graduation from WBUT? -- [New]
  13. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  14. Which are the best biotechnology institutes in Uttar Pradesh and all over India? Is VIT Vellore good for Biotechnology? Should I choose B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Bioinformatics or B.Tech Biomedical Engineering?
  15. Am i eligible fro M.Tech in Petroleum Engineering and chemical engineering after doing B.Tech in Biotechnology from Amity University with 6.36 CGPA
  16. Mtech in Genetic engineering after Btech in biotechnology engineering?
  17. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  18. Guidance for pursuing PhD in Bioinformatics/Biotechnology?
6th February 2011, 04:46 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering or Bioinformatics after B.Tech. in biotechnology?

Dear Friend

As far as GATE is concerned you can appear GATE exam with any subject.
There is no restriction in choosing your subject for the GATE exam.

You are always eligible for M.Tech. in Bioinformatics after B.Tech. in Biotechnology.

But if you want to do M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering then as per the rules of IITs
you must appear GATE with Chemical Engineering paper.
Only then you are eligible for M.Tech. in Chemical engineering.

If you go for some Non-GATE colleges and appear entrance exam for M.Tech. in
chemical engineering the questions will based on Chemical Engineering and not on
Biotechnology.

So, plan your career according to your convenience.

Thank You
6th February 2011, 05:46 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering or Bioinformatics after B.Tech. in biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradhana Sahu View Post
is B.tech( Biotech) gradudate can do mtech(Chemical)/Mtech(Bioinformatics
YES, B.tech( Biotech) graduates can do mtech(Chemical)/Mtech(Bioinformatics).....

for this you have to appear for GATE..

and the shortlisting criteria is attached here.......
Attached Files
File Type: pdf chemicalMTECH_AND_MSR_CRITERIA.pdf(36.2 KB, 173 views)
7th February 2011, 11:56 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea some institution may give you opportunity to do M.Tech in chemical engineering afetr B.Tech in Biotechnology.

obviously you are eligible for the M.Tech in Bio informatics after B.Tech in Biotechnology. but for all institution you will not be eligible for M.Tech in chemical engineering after B.Tech in Biotechnology.

but you should try for various institution. also after B.Tech in Biotechnology you may do M.Tech in Biotechnology. there are lots of good scope and job opportunity after Biotechnology. the research filed also very much glorious for Biotechnology.

if you want to think about to appear in GATE examination then in GATE you may appear in any paper according to your wish and in which paper you have knowledge.

best wishes.
7th February 2011, 12:06 PM
mohit brh

yes you can get admission in chemical engineering but there are some rule which you have to know like you have to appear in examination with that branch in which you have to take admission lik chemical engineering. so you have to appear in exam with chemical engineering.
for more detail visit www.iitm.ac.in

Courses offered in this University:
1 Aerospace Engineering
2 Applied Mechanics
3 Biotechnology
4 Chemical Engineering
5 Chemistry
6 Civil Engineering
7 Computer Science and Engineering
8 Electrical Engineering
9 Engineering Design
10 Humanities and Social Sciences
11 Management Studies
12 Mathematics
13 Mechanical Engineering
14 Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
15 Ocean Engineering
16 Physics
7th February 2011, 12:49 PM
tiara!!

how to become a animator...??
i am in 10th and after my 12 want to do animation??
plz guide me?? what to do after 12th??
7th February 2011, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

please guide how to become an animator??
i am in 10th want to do animation after my 12th...??
what i have to do after my 12th
7th February 2011, 01:47 PM
nawalgupt138

Yes, you can do it.
3rd March 2011, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

after b.tech in biochemical engineering,can i do m.tech in chemical engineering?
14th March 2011, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

can i do M.tech in bioinformatic after B.E in it throut gate
15th March 2011, 02:04 AM
vikas9862638964

yes you can do m.tech in Bioinformatics but not by chemical engg beacuase you are not choosing chemical engginearing in gate exam .
also you will choose any bio branch in gate according to your rank.
15th March 2011, 11:11 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello Friend,

YES, you can do M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering or Bioinformatics after B.Tech. in Biotechnology.

Good Luck
15th March 2011, 11:57 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you Can't do M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering or Bioinformatics after B.Tech. in biotechnology.

see, Bioinformatics and biotechnology both are different field. so you can't do in this trade.

all the best.........
10th May 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

sir can i get admission in m.tech chemical engineering through the BT gate score in mnit jaipur ???????????????
24th May 2011, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

I hav done B.tech in Chemical. Can i do M.tech in Food processing.
12th July 2011, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

I have done my B.Tech in food technology, can i do my m.tech in Nanotechnology or Biochemistry?
19th July 2011, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

can i do M.Tech.in chemical Engineering after M.Sc.chemistry
30th July 2011, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Can i do mtech in civil engineer after b.tech computer science
10th September 2011, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

can i do m tech in chemical engineering in any colleges after writing gate in biotechnology..? with d gate score in biotech can i do chemical engg in any of the institutes please tell me
13th September 2011, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Tech chemistry after B.Sc M.P.C ?
13th September 2011, 11:14 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear,
M.V.Sc(Biotechnology) and (3) M.Tech (Biotechnology) Programmes being offered by ... The entrance examination will be held at following 52 cities: Agartala, .... grade in any one: B.Tech/B.E. in Chemical Engineering/Biochemical Engineering, ... Microbiology, Genetics, Biophysics, Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics. ...
ok,
14th September 2011, 12:10 AM
fahran

Hi dear,

You are always eligible for M.Tech. in Bioinformatics after B.Tech. in Biotechnology.

But if you want to do M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering then as per the rules of IITs

chemical engineering the questions will based on Chemical Engineering and not on
Biotechnology.

Thanks
14th September 2011, 12:39 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
It is totally depends upon your personal interest.. You should go for a field in which you have more interest.. In which field you can excel yourself..

If you think that you have more interest in chemical field than the bioinformatics field then go for chemical field.
Or vice -versa...
For that you have to appear in GATE exam in the syllabus of chemical engineering or bioinformatics..

If you able to qualify in GATE exam then you will get a chance to take admission in M.tech course in the field in which you have write the GATE exam..

If you agree to do this then go for it.
All the best..
14th September 2011, 01:21 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
It is totally depends upon your personal interest.. You should go for a field in which you have more interest.. In which field you can excel yourself..

If you think that you have more interest in chemical field than the bioinformatics field then go for chemical field.
Or vice -versa...
For that you have to appear in GATE exam in the syllabus of chemical engineering or bioinformatics..

If you able to qualify in GATE exam then you will get a chance to take admission in M.tech course in the field in which you have write the GATE exam..

If you agree to do this then go for it.
All the best..
18th January 2012, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

What is the best way to improve B. Tech Biotechnology Career for Pharma point of view??
7th September 2012, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B.tech in biotech & want to admission in M.tech Food engineering in IIT, in which subject I give GATE paper?
13th February 2013, 08:15 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Dear Friend

Biotechnology.

Thank You
13th February 2013, 08:17 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I do M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering or Bioinformatics after B.Tech. in biotechnology?

Dear Friend

Biotechnology.

Thank You
14th July 2014, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

i completed b tech(4 year)matallurgical and materials engineering
can i do m tech nanotechnology?
3rd June 2017, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

After completion of mechanical engineering can i do do m tech in biotechnology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?