10th June 2012, 10:34 PM
rksingh1956

Can i do MBA after completing B.Com with 49% marks?

Can I do MBA having completed my B. Com with 49% marks?

11th June 2012, 01:58 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can i do MBA after completing B.Com with 49% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksingh1956 View Post
You have score very low percentage of marks in graudation course . So, It's very difficult to get admission for MBA course . Many reputed MBA Colleges in our country requires Minimum 60% percentage of marks . I suggest you , Please don't loose your confient . You have chance to get admisison for MBA course , You may apply for MAT Examination and score good percentage of marks in MAT Examination . Here I provide you the details regarding MBA course .

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration . The duration for the MBA course is for two years and the course is divided into four semester . In our country so many reputed College are offers this MBA course .

MBA Specialization :-
-------------------
  • MBA in Human Resource Management
  • MBA in Bank Management
  • MBA in Logistics Management
  • MBA in Hotel Management
  • MBA in Marketing

The Eligibility criteria for MBA course is differ from College to College . To apply for MBA course you have to satisfy the eligibility Criteria , then only your eligible to apply for MBA course .

Eligibility Criteria for MBA course :-
--------------------------

You should qualified in Bachelor degree in any discipline ( ie :- Commerce / Science / Arts ) from recognized university .

There is no age limit for MBA course . So, Any age canddiate may eligible to apply for MBA course , But the candidate should satisfy the Educational Qualification .

You have to crack the MBA Entrance Examination ( Management Aptitude Test / Graudate Management Aptitude Test / Common Admission Test ) with good percentage of mark . Your not eligible for CAT Examination , Because This MBA Entrance Examination are mandatory to get admission for MBA course in reputed Colleges . You have score low percentgage of marks in Bachelor degree . To apply for CAT Examination you should score Minimum 50% percentage of marks . But your eligible to apply for MAT Examination . There is no Minimum Percentage of marks require for MAT Examination , You may eligible to apply for MAT Examination .

To apply for MAT Examination you should complete Bachelor degree wih Pass marks . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

If you crack the MAT Examination with good percentage of mark then you have chance to get admission for MBA course in reputed Colleges .
11th June 2012, 09:16 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

HI dear..............

The details about MBA course .......

As you have cleared your Graduation , you have to apply for entrance exam in CAT , MAT , XAT , etc..........
The list of best MBA college in India are as follows.......

The details information for Entrance exam are as follows........

Good luck...........
11th June 2012, 11:06 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for MBA after completing B.Com. with 49% but through cracking entrance exam like MAT.

MBA stands for MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is a two years Post Graduation Course and can be pursed after completion of Graduation in any stream.

As you have secured 49% in B.Com. you are only eligible to apply for MAT(Management Aptitude Test) conducted by IMA(Indian Management Association) as MAT has no percentage of marks criteria to appear its entrance exam.

To be eligible to apply for MAT, the candidate should have completed Graduation inany stream from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for application to MAT. There is also no bar to the number of attempts to MAT.

So prepare MAT with the assistance of study materials available in the market or assistance of any good coaching Institutions. By cracking the entrance exam you can be admitted to reputed Institutions of MBA.
11th June 2012, 12:46 PM
singh1947

Quote:
Dear Aspirant,

Some Colleges gives the admission in MBA with the 45% marks in the Graduation.
You may get the admission in these colleges.

BUT

Friend you have secured very low marks. You will have to face problem in to get the admission in good Management Colleges.

So, you can get the admission in come selected colleges.

with all good wishes
17th June 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

what r the syallbus for mba entrance exam
26th July 2012, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

i hv scred 70% marks in b.com...after dng b,com am i elegible to do MBA from hidustan college,agra? i have also done diploma in gniit from niit, agra..
after all dis if i am elegible to do what all procedure i have to follow to get the admission for MBA please tell me???
26th July 2012, 06:21 PM
samatha89
Member+

Yes, you are eligible to apply for MBA after completing B.Com. with 49% but through cracking entrance exam like MAT.

MBA stands for MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is a two years Post Graduation Course and can be pursed after completion of Graduation in any stream.

As you have secured 49% in B.Com. you are only eligible to apply for MAT(Management Aptitude Test) conducted by IMA(Indian Management Association) as MAT has no percentage of marks criteria to appear its entrance exam.

To be eligible to apply for MAT, the candidate should have completed Graduation inany stream from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for application to MAT. There is also no bar to the number of attempts to MAT.

So prepare MAT with the assistance of study materials available in the market or assistance of any good coaching Institutions. By cracking the entrance exam you can be admitted to reputed Institutions of MBA.
8th August 2012, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

can i do b.ed after completing b.com with 49% ?
10th September 2012, 04:34 AM
Unregistered

can i do MBA after completing b.com with 34% marks?
13th September 2012, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

which is the best college for m.b.a in dehradun (uttrakhand)
3rd December 2012, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

I am B.Com with 51% marks. Can i do MBA from FMS, Delhi? How much score in CAT exam to do this?
23rd January 2013, 10:31 AM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

MBA after completing B.Com with 49% marks

1.MBA Specialization

2.MBA in Marketing

3.MBA in Hotel Management

4.MBA in Logistics Management

5.MBA in Bank Management

6.MBA in Human Resource Management

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
29th March 2013, 03:55 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes you can do MBA with 49% at graduation level. The only problem is by scoring low marks unknowingly you have restricted an overflow of opportunities. To give the popular MBA exams one gives after graduation, be it CAT, XAT, SNAP, IIFT etc. cannot be given by you since all these exams demands from candidates minimum 50% of marks at graduation level.

But don't lose hope because of this. You can still give MAT or look for MBA institutes which gives direct admission on the basis of your graduation marks. I would recommend you to go for the first option since when pursuing a course like MBA, the institute matters a lot for good placement. Then the qualify of faculty members and infrastructure also needs to be taken into consideration.

MAT is also a National Level MBA Entrance Exam. MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test. This exam is held thrice a year. Which means you have the opportunity to sit for this exam in February, May and September of each year.

If you wish to give this exam then you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized institution. Your subject at UG level is of little importance so you can choose any subject of your choice. Since the minimum marks to acquire have not been mentioned therefore you just need to secure the pass marks.

If you are a final year student about to sit for the final exam or awaiting the result of your final year exam then also you can sit for this exam. Age is not a criteria here nor is the number of attempts which makes the students more wary and nervous.

Exam Pattern:-
  1. Language Comprehension
  2. Mathematical Skills
  3. Data Analysis and Sufficiency
  4. Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
  5. Indian and Global Environment

How To Apply:-

The form is easily available in return of Rs. 1200 from listed branches of Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank, listed Study Centres of AIMA OR from AIMA, New Delhi. By sending a demand draft of Rs. 1200 in favor of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at Delhi from any bank you can get form.

Hope this helps :-> :->
29th March 2013, 04:36 PM
amit32

I know 49 % is a very low score to get admission in top MBA Institute in India but there are lot of reputed MBA colleges in India which have their own entrance exams or can also considered MAT, CAT score. So just crack CAT entrance exam with some good score if you want to get admission in Top MBA college.

Where there is a will there is a way
29th March 2013, 04:58 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes,you can do MBA after completing your B.com but you will not be eligible to appear in CAT(Common Admission Test ) Exam due to your Low percentage of marks.
But you can appear in MAT Exam , basic eligibility required are :-

~You should be passed out in B.com from recognized university.

Important :- There is no age limit and minimum marks required for appearing in this exam.

Important dates for MAT Exam
~Last date of online registration - 18th April 2013.
~Paper based exam - 5th May 2013.
~Online Exam - 11th May 2013.

MAT Syllabus :- It will include questions from 5 sections.These are
~Language comprehension.
~Mathematical skills.
~Data analysis and sufficiency.
~Intelligence and critical reasoning.
~Indian and Global environment.

Exam Pattern
~Total number of questions will be 200.
~Total time duration will be 150 minutes.

Number of questions per section are
~Reading comprehension - 40 .
~Data interpretation and sufficiency - 40 .
~Quantitative aptitude - 40 .
~Logical and critical reasoning - 40 .
~General awareness - 40 .

CLICK-HERE to visit MAT Official website .
29th March 2013, 06:01 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you have valid Bachelor of Commerce degree then you can apply for the Master of Business Administration. Your percentage is low to appear for the Common Admission Test but still there are other entrance exams that you can apply.

There are various streams in Master of Business Administration in which you can complete the course. Some example are:

Finance

IT

Hotel Management

Retail Management

Banking

Human Resources

Marketing

As I mentioned earlier that you are not eligible for CAT entrance exam since the criteria for this exam is graduation with 50 percent marks. However the SC/ST candidate can apply with 45 percent marks.

Therefore if you belong to SC/ST then I will suggest you to go for Common Admission Test because top B Schools in India like Indian Institute of Management select candidates through Common Admission Test.

Otherwise Xavier Aptitude Test or Management Aptitude Test are the best option for you. Both tests require candidate to have graduation degree. There is no percentage criteria. I should mention that some very reputed colleges also offer admission through XAT entrance exam.
29th March 2013, 08:41 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
After passing graduation with 49% you are not eligible for M.B.A course.

ELIGIBILITY FOR M.B.A COURSE:-
> Pass graduation with any stream with minimum 50% marks from recognized university.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 45% marks is require.
> Their is no age limit.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> C.A.T
> M.AT
> G.M.A.T
> R.M.A.T
> X.A.T
> S.N.A.P
etc

ALL THE BEST!
29th March 2013, 10:41 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Information Regarding MBA Course.

MBA stand for Master of Business Administrative which is equivalent to the post graduate level degree. If you are interested in the business field then MBA is the best option for you. After completing the graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University you can take admission in MBA course through entrance examination.

Nice to see your interest in the field of higher study. MBA is a two years course i.e four semester course. After completing the B.Com degree course you can definitely join the MBA course. To admission in the MBA course you need to appear in the entrance examination like CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP....and many other entrance examination.

So, if you completed B.Com then i advise you to appear in the entrance examination. Prepare well for the entrance examination. I wish you will get a good score in the exam.
30th March 2013, 01:04 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

With 49% in Graduation you will not be eligible for most of the MBA entrance examinations like CAT , XAT, GMAT , SNAP etc.

Most of the MBA entrance examination ask for 50% marks in Graduation. Hence you will not be eligible for most of the good colleges for admission.

There might be some colleges which give admission to less than 50% marks but they all will be not so reputed college.

MBA should be pursued from a good Institute then only you will get benefit of it otherwise you will not get a proper job.

My advice for you is to get a private job based on your B.Com and opt for some part time MBA course so that you can complete your MBA side by side with your job.

Most of the part time MBA courses don't require 50% marks criteria but you must get a private job first.

Along with the experience you will complete your MBA and after completion of your MBA you can use it for your further growth in your CV.

So choice is yours what you want to do and remember don't go for a Low graded college.

There might be some good colleges offering admission under management quota if you can afford but most of the good colleges requires 50% marks.

You can also try for government jobs based on your graduation if you are not getting any good private job.
30th March 2013, 12:03 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can i do MBA after completing B.Com with 49% marks?

Quote:

Dear Friend,

MBA stands for MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

yes, you are eligible for Master of Business Administration but you will not be eligible to appear in Common Admission Test Exam due to your Low percentage of marks.....

A candidate should have completed their Bechelor Degree with at least 50% from any recognise universities are eligible MBA exam...

Final years students also eligible for it....

There is no age limit.....

you can apply in MAT and XAT Exam....

There are no minimum marks required in graduation to appear for MAT and XAT exam....

Final years students also appear for it....

There is no age limit to appear for this exams.....

So, go for it......

All the best.......

30th March 2013, 02:05 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Hi dear..

You have scored very less marks in your Graduation, so you have to face difficulty in getting through the entrance held for MBA.

You could do MBA but you are not eligible for CAT( Common Aptitude Test), as per the eligibility criteria, but don't loose hope, as you can give MAT (Management Aptitude Test) for getting admission in various colleges for MBA

You can also opt for GMAT.

> There is no criteria for age in these exams.

> There are no no. of attempts specified for these exams.

You need to fulfill these criteria :-

> You should be graduate in any stream (Science/Arts/Comerce).

> MAT is held Thrice a year.

So, just go and grab the opportunity.

You can go for various sub streams in MBA like

> Human Resource

> Marketing

> IT

etc.

All the best..!!

Regards
Sammy
30th March 2013, 05:29 PM
haripriya1993
Member+

Hi,

your score is a bit low but dont loose your confidence. for entering into MBA you can appear for CAT or MAT exam. The different universities have different requirements. you check the entrance percentage required for different universities. There may be some entrance exams for some universities. so check each university about their requirements and eligibility conditions.
30th March 2013, 08:00 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am B.Com with 51% marks. Can i do MBA from FMS, Delhi? How much score in CAT exam to do this?
YES, you can do MBA from FMS Delhi

But for this you have to appear in the CAT exams first.

You need to score minimum 98 percentile marks in CAT to get a call for GD and PI from FMS delhi in General category

Minimum 90 percentile marks in CAT to get a call from FMS delhi in OBC category

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

Next CAT exams would be held in October 2013

Exams are held in online mode only

CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:
Verbal Ability
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation
31st March 2013, 01:58 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

MBA-Master of Business Administration.

You are scored a low percentage in your graduation, it is difficult to get a chance in MBA. There are so many entrance exams to get into MBA course.
Those are,

-->CAT,

-->XAT,

-->SNAP,

-->GMAT,

-->IIFT etc.

But before applying these exams the one should score 60% marks in graduation. But you are eligible for MAT(Management Aptitude Test)

Eligibility criteria:-

The applicant must be complete graduation or any bachelor's degree from a recognised university of India.

You should be a citizen of India.

No age limits to apply this exam.

The selection based on written exam, so you can prepare hard for this examination.

MAT exam important dates:-

Last date for applications: 18.04.2013.,

Paper based exam: 05.05.2013,

Online exam: 11.05.2013.

More details CLICK HERE

Best of luck.
31st March 2013, 05:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Your B.Com degree marks is 49% so you are applicable for MAT Exam.Maximum no of MBA entrance exam want above 50% marks in graduation degree.

But if you are from SC/ST category then you are applicable for All types of MBA entrance exam because their is a marks relaxation for this category .

MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test .

This Examination is Organized by All India Management Association

The minimum qualification for appearing in MAT is graduation in any discipline from any recognized University .Final year student in any undergraduate can also apply.

Pattern for MAT Examination :-

Language Comprehension - 40 Questions
Mathematical Skills - 40 Questions
Data Analysis and Sufficiency - 40 Questions
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning - 40 Questions
Indian and Global Environment - 40 Questions.

Books for MAT examination :-

Study Package For Management Aptitude Test
by Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata Mgraw Hill
ISBN: 0070221154

MAT (Management Aptitude Test) Entrance Exams
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications
ISBN: 8183550991

MAT Entrance Examination Guide
by Editorialrph Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
ISBN: 8178120437

Mat Management Aptitude Test: Fast Track Preparat
by Ravi Chopra Kant Chopra A Ghosh D
Publisher: Radhika Publication
ISBN: 8185864314

MAT Topicwise Analysis & Solution
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications
ISBN: 8183553664

Important Dates for MAT 2013 :-

Last date for sale of forms: 16 April 2013 (Tuesday)
Last date for submission of filled in registration forms at AIMA, New Delhi: 19 April 2013 (Friday)
Last date for online registration: 18 April 2013 (Thursday)
Last date for submission of filled in online registration forms at AIMA, New Delhi: 20 April 2013 (Saturday)

MAT Exam application forms are accepting only the online mode .For more details about MAT exam or Online submission , you can visit to http://www.aima-ind.org
31st March 2013, 07:25 PM
Rajanitai

you are eligible for Master of Business Administration but you will not be eligible to appear in Common Admission Test Exam due to your Low percentage of marks.

MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

There is no age limit to appear for this exam
A candidate should have completed their Bechelor Degree with at least 50% from any recognise universities are eligible MBA exam...
Final years students also appear for it

you can apply in MAT and XAT Exam

There are no minimum marks required in graduation to appear for MAT and XAT exam.......
1st April 2013, 12:28 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Aspirant,

The abbreviation of MBA is Master Of business Administration.

This is a masters degree course of 2 years in which we study about marketing and business ideas with latest tips and tricks.

The minimum educational qualification required for MBA Course is 50%.

It is pitiable for you that you cannot do MBA program because of your percentile.

There are some colleges which offer the MBA program on bachelor degree on minimum qualification.

They do not require any specific percentage in bachelor degree.

There are no. of entrance exams organized every year for the admission of opponents in MBA program. These are below mentioned:-

* CAT.

* MAT.

* XAT.

* GMAT.

Thanks.

1st April 2013, 06:26 AM
sandeep.verma12d

Quote:

Important Dates for MAT 2013 :-

Last date for sale of forms: 16 April 2013 (Tuesday)
Last date for submission of filled in registration forms at AIMA, New Delhi: 19 April 2013 (Friday)
Last date for online registration: 18 April 2013 (Thursday)
Last date for submission of filled in online registration forms at AIMA, New Delhi: 20 April 2013 (Saturday)
2nd April 2013, 02:31 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear RK,

The acronym for MBA is Master of Business Administration.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for MBA course because your percentage is not justified for MBA course.

MBA is a master's degree in Business Administration, which attracts people from a wide range of academic disciplines.

The core courses in the MBA program are designed to introduce students to the various areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operations management, etc.

Students in MBA programs have the option of taking general business courses throughout the program or can select an area of concentration and focus approximately one-fourth of their studies in this subject.

Those contenders, who want to do MBA course, can give these entrance examinations:-

* MAT.

*GMAT.

*XAT.

*CAT.

The eligibility criteria required for the MBA course are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline with 50% marks from any accredited college or university.

* There is no need of age limit.

* No. of attempts is not required.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Nationality:- Indian.

2nd April 2013, 06:30 PM
No 1
Senior Member+

Hi....
Friends,

Yes,

You can do MBA after B.Com 49 % of marks.

MBA stand for - Master of Business Administration

This course duration 2 years.

You can write entrance exams like ::
========================

*** CAT

*** MAT

*** XAT

*** GMAT

All the best......................
15th May 2013, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

I gave my b.com final year exams this year.Since my marks were very poor in b.com I am worried which course to pursue now.Please suggest me.
14th July 2013, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

i have 49% in b.com but 51%marks in m.com can i apply for CAT exam for MBA.?
15th July 2013, 04:41 PM
jyotkrishn

I know 49 % is a very low score to get admission in

top MBA Institute in India but there are lot of reputed MBA colleges in India which have their own entrance exams or can also considered MAT, CAT score.

So just crack CAT entrance exam with some good score if you want to get admission in Top MBA college.

Where there is a will there is a way
15th July 2013, 11:39 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You did not mention the category for which you belong to. This will play a key role in your eligibility to join MBA course.

The eligibility criteria to join MBA course is

Completion of Graduation with minimum 50% of marks from any of the recognized university.
Relaxation in percentage of marks upto 5 % for the candidates of SC or ST category.

One can join this course at any age as there is no upper age limit for the candidates to join this course.

If you are a candidate from SC or ST category, then you will be able to join MBA course.

The admission for MBA course is given on the basis of Entrance Exam.

There are state level exams to join MBA course like
ICET
TANCET

and national wide entrance exams like
CAT
MAT
GMAT
XAT etc.

One have to opt for specializations in MBA course.

As you have completed B.Com course in your Graduation, the following specializations will be good for you in MBA course

MBA in Finance
MBA in Accounting
MBA in Risk Management
MBA in Entrepreneurship Management

MBA candidates are having plenty of job opportunities in variety of sectors in the present scenario.

So, make most out of your MBA course. You will definitely get a good job.

Wish you all the best.
19th July 2013, 12:33 PM
Beawar

Dear...

Minimum Qualification required to complete MBA is as follows :-

First of all the candidate must be a graduate
Graduation must be done from a recognized university
Minimum Percentage required is 50%
There is a relaxation of 5% for all candidates from Sc and St category
There is no subject bar and candidate from any subject can apply for the admission

SO IF YOU BELONG TO SC OR ST CATEGORY THEN ONLY YOU CAN GO FOR MBA OTHERWISE YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAMS BECAUSE ALL THE ENTRANCE EXAM HAVE DECLARED THAT THE AGGREGATE PERCENTAGE OF A CANDIDATE IN HIS GRADUATION MUST BE 50% WITH 5% RELAXATION TO MINORITY.

There is no problem related to your subject as you are from Arts stream and candidate from any stream can apply for the entrance exam.

Second option ;- If you are not able to sit for the entrance exam then the next option that you have in front of you is to go for Management seats. This seats are actually filled directly by the college and if you go for these seats then you will be exempt from the hassles of entrance exam scores., But remember that for this seats you have to pay a fees double or triple the amount of the actual fees.

There are few college who give admission on any percentage but let me waern you that if you go for such college then you will find difficulties in getting job because placement in such colleges are pathetic

If you still have any query then you can ask in the forum

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
26th August 2013, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

my age is 26 due to finance problem I gave break to my studies and I did 10 2 correspondence know I am doing my b.com in evening college I am in final year I want to do my PG but my percentage is low I got only 47% till second year will I be able to do my PG. I get good marks in marketing subjects not in accounts I want to do higher study and get good job to keep my family happy by supporting in finance . please give me good suggestion
31st August 2013, 07:46 PM
Y.Bali Reddy

Thumbs up Re: Can i do MBA after completing B.Com with 49% marks?

Yes you can do MBA after completion of your B.Com...
You can go through it by appearing to a entrance test...
All the best...
8th September 2013, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

I got 48% in B.com but have got 62% in M.com. Can I apply for CAT Exam now? Or they just accept B.com marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?