12th October 2022, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Nursing after BA Arts?

Myself imar ado and I am a male can I do nursing after completing my BA Arts and I am from arunachal Pradesh

15th October 2022, 02:16 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Nursing after BA Arts?

You can go for general nursing and midwifery course is of 3 and half duration.
Age limit should be in between 17 to 35 years.

Only female candidates are eligible to get admission in this course.

Admission is given on the basis of marks obtained in class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board.
15th October 2022, 02:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To pursue a degree course in Nursing i.e; B.Sc. in Nursing the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board of education.

So, if you hold the minimum and essential qualification required to pursue B.Sc. in Nursing degree course mentioned above then you are certainly eligible for pursuing the same degree course irrespective of your highest or additional qualification.
15th October 2022, 03:29 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

As you are graduate candidate in Arts hence you can go for General Nursing and Midwifery course which is of 3 and half duration. Age limit should be in between 17 to 35 years. Only female candidates are eligible to get admission in this course. Admission is given on the basis of marks obtained in class 12th in any discipline from recognised board.
15th October 2022, 05:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The common eligibilty to get admission in B.Sc Nursing is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main paper from a recognised board.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in diploma in nursing or bachelor degree in nursing.
15th October 2022, 06:11 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can pursue nursing course after completing graduation. You can pursue general nursing and midwifery or BSc nursing after graduation. But for that you have to qualify the entrance exam conducted by the University whete you want to take admission.

Admission to the general nursing and midwifery is given on the basis of marks obtained in class 12th. But let me tell you that if you have completed your 12th from arts stream then you are not eligible for BSc nursing.
15th October 2022, 07:27 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. After completing BA in Arts, you are eligible to apply for Nursing.

The basic eligibility criteria to apply for this course are that you must have completed class 12 with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with science or arts subjects from any recognized board or institute.
15th October 2022, 09:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to get admission in Nursing course is that candidate must have passed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the course after bachelor degree in Arts but if have passed 12th in PCB then can apply for admission in Nursing course.
17th October 2022, 11:45 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required to do a Nursing course is a candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.

Candidates who have qualified 10+2 in Arts/Science stream can do ANM (Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery) course. ANM is a diploma course that can be taken up after completing your class 12th or graduation. The duration of this course is 2 years and you can join various nursing fields after this such as Health Visitors, Rural Health workers, Home nurses, Community Health Worker, and Basic Health Worker.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?