29th February 2012, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for CDS after scoring 50% marks in B.Tech IT?

i hve 50% marks in b-tech (I.T)..my course complt in june 12.
so can i eligible fr cds.
ota,air-force.

1st March 2012, 05:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for CDS after scoring 50% marks in B.Tech IT?

Yes, you are eligible for attending the CDS exam after completing B.Tech. Since you are a B.Tech graduate, you are eligible to apply for Indian Air force and Indian Navy wings. You should be an Unmarried male candidate to apply for this exam. The age of a candidate should be between 19-22 years in case of Indian Navy and 19-23 years in case of Indian Air force. The mode of selection will include written test, physical test and interview.
1st March 2012, 11:28 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i hve 50% marks in b-tech (I.T)..my course complt in june 12.
so can i eligible fr cds.
ota,air-force.

Yes your eligible for CDS Examination , after completing B.tech course .

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service . UPSC Conduct CDS Examination for twice in a year . If your interested to apply for this examination then you need to qualified in Graduation in any discipline from recognized university . CDS Examination having four academy ,

~~ Army Academy
~~ Navy Academy
~~ Airforce Academy and
~~ Officer Training Academy

Eligibility criteria :-

>> You should be citizen of India .

>> You should be unmarried male candidate .

>> If your interested in Army academy / Officer training then ,you should be complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university .

>> For army academy your age should be 19 years to 24 years and Officer training academy your age should be 19 years to 25 years .

>> If your aspiring to apply for Navy or Airforce Academy , then you should be complete bachelor degree in science stream with physics and mathematics from recognized university .

>> For Airforce Academy your age should be 19 years to 23 years and Navy academy your age should be 19 years to 22 years .

Note :-

Quote:
There is no relaxation is applicable for both the age limit .
Syllabus for CDS Examination :-

Physical Standards :-

Important Dates for CDS Examination :-
  • Date of Notification :- 02.06.2012
  • Last Date for Receipt of Applications :- 02.07.2012
  • Date of Examination :- 16.09.2012
2nd March 2012, 03:39 AM
ghutuk

There is no precentage criteria for CDS exam.

since, you are going to complete your B Tech. in Jun, you are eligible for CDS exam.
but, there is AGE LIMIT for different courses:-

-Indian Military Academy : 19-24yrs.
-Naval Academy : 19-22yrs.
-Air Force Academy : 19-23yrs.
-Officers Training Academy: 19-25yrs.

The examination of CDS is conducted by UPSC twice a year.
CDS II exam is going to held in the month of sepetember

Notification date : 02-06-2012

Last date for receipt: 02-07-2012

Date of examination : 16-09-2012

For more detail you can log on to www. upsc.gov.in

Wishing you all the best.
2nd March 2012, 07:04 AM
tanu47

Yes dear,
u are eligible for attending the CDS exam after completing B.Tech.
yes u are a B.Tech grad, u can apply for Indian Air force & Indian Navy wings.
The age limit between 19-22 years in case of Indian Navy &
19-23 years in case of Indian Air force.
The mode of selection will include written test, physical test and interview.
Good luck.
2nd March 2012, 07:20 AM
ramandeep.2dec

Yes, you are eligible.

c) CDS Educational Qualifications :

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Graduates with first choice as Army / Navy / Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.

Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ / Rtg.

CDSE Entry, West Block III, R K Puram, New Delhi – 110 066 in case of IMA / SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR” ( OI. & R Section ), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi – 110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3 (A) / Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110011 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled :

(i) For admission to IMA, Naval and Air Force Academy on or before 13th November, 2012.

(ii) For admission to Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st February, 2013.

Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.

In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his admission to the examination.
2nd March 2012, 09:15 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for CDS as you are a B.Tech. holder and there is no requirement of any percentage of marks criteria for CDS.

CDS-COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC two times every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry into;_

INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY
INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY
INDIAN AIR FORCE ACADEMY
INDIAN OFFICER'S TRAINING ACADEMY

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian National having appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years of age with good physical fitness, is eligible to appear for CDS.

The candidate having Graduation Degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is eligible to apply for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy of CDS along with IMA and OTA.

As you are pursing B.Tech. Graduation Degree course hence after completion of this course you are eligible to apply for CDS.

For more information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
23rd March 2012, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have secured 50%marks in bsc degree from lucknow university.
Am i eligible for cds exam.
17th April 2012, 03:41 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i have 54% marks in 12th in pcm can u tell me and doing my b.tec i m eligible for cds exam??
28th April 2015, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studying in b.tech ece in the 3rd yr...4th yr will going to start soon but my percentage is not good enough..my percentage is processing around 50% only..so my question is that with this percentage can i apply for CDSE and become fighter pilot in IAF??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?