3rd October 2011, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible to give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Com?

i am doing b.com last yrs,can i eligible to give upsc examination.
reply me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I be eligible to give UPSC exam being a candidate of final year BCA?
  2. Will I be eligible for UPSC to join IFS being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  3. After passing through BSc from maths honors can I apply for UPSC
  4. Am I eligible for IBPS Clerk Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Com course in Correspondence? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com?
  6. Can I eligible for this year SNAP Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Graduation with an age of 20 years?
  7. Will there be any chance for me to get into IAF having completed 12th class with PCM with 49% and with an age of 23 years?
  8. What should I do after B.Com to become a chartered accountant?
  9. Am I eligible for CDS Exam being a candidate pursuing my final year of Graduation?
  10. Which course is better for me between CA and CS being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Com?
  11. Will I be eligible to get Placement in IBM with one backlog being a candidate of pursuing final year of ECE?
  12. Eligibility to appear in UPSC exams for B.Tech(IT) 3rd year student?
  13. Am I eligible to become a custom officer? I have completed B.Com
  14. Am I eligible to give Railway Section Engineer Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech course?
  15. Am I eligible to give SSC combined graduate level exam being a candidate pursing final year of B.A?
  16. What to do to join Air Force after passing 11th?
  17. Can I give MPSC and UPSC exam while pursuing in degree? When is the MPSC and UPSC examination? -- [New]
  18. Can I be eligible for MBA Entrance Exam being a candidate of pursuing last year of B.Com?
3rd October 2011, 02:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible to give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
reply me soon.
Dear friend,

Yes , You are eligible for UPSC exam.Because you ahve completed your B.COM degree.

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
3rd October 2011, 09:29 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible to give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Com?

Quote:
reply me soon.
UPSC Conducts many examination Like Civil services examination, IES Examination, CDS Examination, SCRA Examination, IFS Examination, NDA Examination And May Other Examination every year.

But You are form B.com Background, then you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination and CDS (Combined defense services examination).

To apply for Both these examination you need to complete your Graduate degree course form a recognised university and Final year graduate candidates are also eligible for Both the examination, there is no minimum percentage is required to apply for Both these examination, Only Passed in graduation is sufficient to apply for UPSC examination.

To apply for UPSC Civil services examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

But for CDS Examination your age should between 19 to 25 years, there is No Upper age relaxation is applicable in CDS Examination.

>> Eligible candidates may fill the Application form Online By visit the UPSC website after declaring the Notification, the Notification of UPSC Civil services examination as going to be held on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination was 05/March/2012.

The examination was Going to be held on 20/May/2012.

>> So, If you are Pursuing your Final year B.com course then you are eligible for Both the examination, the dates and schedule for both these examination was already Published in the official website, So please check the UPSC website for Complete Information -

http://upsc.gov.in
3rd October 2011, 09:34 PM
md munish

Smile Re: Can I be eligible to give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Com?

u can appear for upsc exams
3rd October 2011, 09:36 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Here is the list UPSC exam that you can appear for the exam being final year B.com course

Combined Defense Service exam
Indian Administration Service
Indian Public Service

Note:for this exam your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

For more details,then click here
3rd October 2011, 09:42 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I be eligible to give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Com?

Quote:
reply me soon.

Eligibility for UPSC Civil Services Exam

I have assumed that you are asking for the Civil Services Exam only because none of the other exams suit you..

Eligibility Criteria :-

According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate appearing for the UPSC Civil Services Exams should fulfill the following conditions :-

1) The candidate must be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from a recognized college

2) The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category..21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST..

The maximum number of attempts permissible for General category is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Various Stages of Exam :-

There are 2 rounds for achieving your ultimate goal..

1) Prelims :- The first round shall consist of 2 papers which shall test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude

2) Mains :- If you manage to clear the Prelims then you shall qualify for the Mains where your knowledge of the graduation subjects will be tested and this paper shall be totally subjective..

If you clear both the rounds then you shall qualify for the interview and the final selection..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
3rd October 2011, 10:07 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
For writing the UPSC exam the minimum education qualification is a degree and final year students can also apply.
Age limit for the exam is maximum 30 .
you can apply with this qualifications All the best
4th October 2011, 12:19 AM
sidbond

(iii) Minimum Educational Qualifications :The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Candidates who have appeared at an ex-amination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination.

So you are eligible to appear in the examinations.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 65 views)
25th December 2011, 08:52 PM
jeo-rocks

YEAH,of course dear you are apply for this exam.your choice is in good direction and you wants serve your nation which is really appreciable.

minimum eligibility for UPSE exam-

Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.

Candidates, who have yet to pass their degree examination will be eligible only if they are studying in the final year of degree examination.

age requirted should be 21-30 years.

5 yrs. age relaxation for sc/st.

thanks
22nd January 2015, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

My name Dhulipala Satya Prathyusha.I pursuing my bachelor degree in biotechnology from adikavi nannaya university of rajahmundry,East Godavari of Andhra Pradesh.I am 20 years old.can I be eligible for the upsc preliminary examination? Will my result be declared if I attempted the preliminary exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?