20th September 2011, 01:47 AM
anshulchal

Can I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com?

i m in b.com 3rd year. i want to give upsc exam so tell can i eligible to give upsc exam. also give details of upsc exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to write Group 1 Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  2. Can I be eligible for MBA Entrance Exam being a candidate of pursuing last year of B.Com?
  3. Am I eligible for CAT Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE?
  4. Am I eligible to give CDSE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  5. Can I be eligible to give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Com?
  6. Am I eligible for MHRD scholarship 3rd year renewal being a chartered accountant student?
  7. Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  8. How should I prepare for UPSC Preliminary Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of BA course?
  9. After passing through BSc from maths honors can I apply for UPSC
  10. Can I apply in UPSC exam if pursuing B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year?
  11. Eligibility to appear in UPSC exams for B.Tech(IT) 3rd year student? -- [New]
  12. Will I be eligible for UPSC to join IFS being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  13. Am I eligible for AFCAT and EKT Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year Engineering?
  14. Is there any training course while pursuing B.Com 3rd year?
  15. Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible for TNPSC Group 1 Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE?
  17. Am I eligible to give BARC Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE stream?
  18. Which specialization is most suitable for me in MBA being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Com (Hons) in Finance?
20th September 2011, 07:39 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshulchal View Post
i m in b.com 3rd year. i want to give upsc exam so tell can i eligible to give upsc exam. also give details of upsc exam.

Eligibility for UPSC Exams

According to the UPSC guidelines..the following students can appear in the UPSC exams :-

1) you should be a graduate or a final year student from any stream from a recognized college..

2) You should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for General category,for OBC you should be 21-33 years and for SC/ST you should be 21-35 years..

For general category,the maximum number of attempts is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

For the Civil Service Exams..there are two rounds

1) Prelims :- This will test your aptitude,general knowledge and current affairs..
2) Mains :- This will test your knowledge of your graduation subjects..

Then you will be called for the interview and the final selection..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
20th September 2011, 08:03 AM
sidbond

Default Re: Can I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com?

Eligibility criteria for the UPSC examination is:

Age limit - 21 to 30, subject to relaxation if belonging to a reserved category. 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC, ST.

Must hold a valid degree from any recognised University. Candidates awaiting results or candidates who are yet to appear at such a qualifying examination are also eligible to sit in the prelims but will to produce the result as proof in the mains.
***so you are eligible.

Number of attempts is 4 for GEN, 7 for OBC and unlimited for SC/ST.

The UPSC exam prelims consists of two papers. Objective type of maximum 400 marks, of 200 marks each.

The second round or the mains consists of 9 essay type papers, followed by an interview of 300 marks.

For specific and detailed information please read the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 66 views)
20th September 2011, 09:00 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com?

you can give all the exams in UPSC as per as the rules and regulations.and most of the exams consider final year student too....

But you need to see other criteria too
for example:-
1.FOR NDA = you have to be 16 half to 19 half years of age and must have passed 12 or appearing for final results.
and it is for all criteria there is no relaxation...........

2.FOR CDSE = you have to be 19 half to 23 half years of age and must have passed graduation.

website for refer more information :-
www.upsc.gov.in
20th September 2011, 09:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Drug inspector exam is conducted by UPSC. NO , B.COM are not eligible for Drug Inspector Exam.

The eligibility criteria is given below-

Educational qualification:

you must have degree in Pharmacy of Pharmaceutical Sciences or Medicine with specialization in Clinical Pharmacology or Microbiology from a University established in India by law.

AGE limit :

candidate must have age under 32 years and above 21 years .

All the best
20th September 2011, 09:37 AM

Thumbs up Re: Can I eligible for UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com?

generally upsc,appsc etc., exams minimum qualification is to have a degree in any discipline. so, i think that you are not eligible now to write an upsc exam. but after completion of b.com you are eligible.
20th September 2011, 11:27 AM
gurbir singh sohal

I think u r eligible for it but the age limit is 18 to 25 . and you should have a good health i.e. physical fit . You should be active and should posses a good sense of humour. Good luck.
20th September 2011, 12:28 PM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104

Dear,
Yes, you can write UPSC exams because upsc allows to those candidates who are at their last year of degree. some exams you can write are NDA, CDS,Indian Air force,Indian Navy. etc

good luck
20th September 2011, 12:36 PM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104

Dear,
Yes, you can write UPSC exams because upsc allows to those candidates who are at their last year of degree. some exams you can write are NDA, CDS,Indian Air force,Indian Navy. etc

good luck
20th September 2011, 02:31 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello friend,
Union Public Service Commission conducts various examinations and the eligibility criteria varies.
Being a graduate, you will be eligible for the following examinations:

Civil Service Examination
Combined Defense Service Examination
Central Police Force Examination
Indian Forest Service Exam

If you hold a degree in engineering, you may appear for Engineering Service Exam.

Apart from being a graduate, you must be within the age limit applicable as per the standard set be union public service commission.

To know more about the examinations, refer to the official website of UPSC.
20th September 2011, 02:37 PM
mishra245

For the graduation student the upsc conducted the many exams. The all criteria for the exam is given the application form.
Some of the exam for the perusing student and some for pass out so for this you must see the exam criteria.
For graduation student the age criteria is almost 21 years so after this you can submit the application form.
20th September 2011, 02:43 PM
vivekdas.raja

Quote:
hello,
dear friend,
yes you are eligible for the UPSC exam...........

but you have to see some of the rules and regulation of the exam and your criteria also.....
like for NDA your age must be with in 16.5 to 19.5 years

and for CDSC your age must be with in 19.5 to 23.5 years....
and .5 means half year......
20th September 2011, 04:53 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

For most of the UPSC examination, minimum educational qualification required is graduation with any stream from a recognised University. But for NDA Examination, it is 10+2 passout with any stream. As per eligibility criteria final year/semester appearing students can also apply for the examination provisionally.

Threrfore you can apply for UPSC exam provisionally as per your educational qualification.

Age limit to appear for UPSC examination is not ccertain. For NDA exam it is between 16 1/2 to 19 years whereas for IAS exam it is 21 to 30 years.

for each examination, eligibility criteria will be diffrent, so it is advised to refer official examination notification before application.

http://upsc.gov.in
20th September 2011, 05:25 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,

Eligibility for NDA exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the 12th from a recognized central/state education board..
*The age should be in between 16.5-19 years..
These are the eligibility criteria for NDA exam..

Eligibility for CDS exam:-

For Indian Military Academy:-
*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university..
*The age should be in between 19-24 years.

Eligibility for UPSC conducted civil service exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade..
*The candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation..
*The age should be in between 21-30 years..
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

These are the eligibility criteria to appear in UPSC civil service exam..
So, if you fulfill all these criteria then you can appear in UPSC exam..

All the best.
20th September 2011, 05:43 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

yes you can give the all exams which are conducted by UPSC every year. because the final year student of graduation can appear in these exams .
age limit 21-30 years. 5 years relaxations for SC\ST candidates.
Number of attempts is 4 for GEN, 7 for OBC and unlimited for SC/ST.

The UPSC exam prelims consists of two papers. Objective type of maximum 400 marks, of 200 marks each.

The second round or the mains consists of 9 essay type papers, followed by an interview of 300 marks.
20th September 2011, 08:31 PM
jevirsinh

hi

Yes you are eligible for UPSC exam while studying in final year of B.com

UPSC allow for written exam for the person who are in final year but age limit between 19-28 year

good luck
20th September 2011, 08:31 PM
dil-jale

you can apply for UPSC exam provisionally as per your educational qualification.

For most of the UPSC examination, minimum educational qualification required is graduation with any stream from a recognised University. But for NDA Examination, it is 10+2 passout with any stream. As per eligibility criteria final year/semester appearing students can also apply for the examination provisionally.

Age limit to appear for UPSC examination is not ccertain. For NDA exam it is between 16 1/2 to 19 years whereas for IAS exam it is 21 to 30 years.

for each examination, eligibility criteria will be diffrent, so it is advised to refer official examination notification before application.

thanks
30th October 2013, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I eligible for UPSC Exam after i.t.i
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?