6th July 2013, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become a custom officer? I have completed B.Com

Dear sir
here i want to inform you that i already completd bcom in 2010 , now im doing icwai Final, but my % below 55% in bcom should i eligible for become custome offficer and apperer entrest exam of UPSC.

3rd September 2015, 07:40 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a custom officer? I have completed B.Com

Yes,you will be eligible to become a custom officer even after securing less percentage of marks in B.Com .

The candidate who wishes to become a custom officer has to write UPSC civil services exam .

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts civil services exam to make recruitment in the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS .IRS officer is the fourth most respected of Civil Services next to IAS, IPS,IFS .

The post of custom officer comes under Indian Revenue Services(Customs and Central Excise).

The eligibility required to become a Custom Officer are following:-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India .

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline with any percentage from a recognized university.The candidate who are pursuing final year of their degree course can also apply for the exam.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD.

The selection process involves of

* Preliminary Exam

* Main exam

* Personality Interview.

The notification for the exam is published in the Employment news/Rozgar Samachar and in some leading newspapers of the country in the month of December .
27th March 2018, 08:49 PM
Somyarathore
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a custom officer? I have completed B.Com

Yes, To become an Airport Customs Officer you need to crack the Civil Services Examination (CSAT). This examination is conducted by the UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?