19th June 2012, 11:39 PM
kasturi kotwal

Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Can i get admission for Aeronotical engg after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engg? Plz suggest me find my way to career.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Am I eligible for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma mechanical with 70%? List of Aeronautical Engineering colleges in Maharashtra?
  3. Eligibility for aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in mechanical engineering? Fee structure of Aeronautical engineering?
  4. Can I get admission for aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I get admission in B.Tech aeronautical after completing diploma mechanical engineering
  7. Entrance exams to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Mechanical Engineering Diploma course? List of colleges in Chennai, Pune and Bangalore?
  8. Can I get admission in B.E aeronautical engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering
  9. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Maharashtra? -- [New]
  10. How to apply for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in computer engineering? Opportunities after completing Aeronautical Engineering?
  11. What is the fee structure of Aeronautical engineering? How to apply for it after completing Diploma in Computer Engineering? Opportunities after completing Aeronautical Engineering?
  12. How to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma engineering in electrical engineering? Procedure for diploma in Aeronautical Degree?
  13. How to get admission in Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Mechanical Engineering? Do I need to give any Entrance Exam for this?
  15. How can I study Aeronautical after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Can I get admission in Aeronautical Engineering havinc completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering by more than 85%?
  17. Can I get admission in Aeronautical Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Can I get admission for Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in aeronautical engineering?
19th July 2012, 04:03 PM
samuelmendonsa

Smile Re: Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasturi kotwal View Post
Can i get admission for Aeronotical engg after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engg? Plz suggest me find my way to career.
hello

Yes, you will get admission for Aeronautical engg after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engg

But i would suggest you to continue in mechanical engg
because it has huge scope in near future and
you can also go in aeronautical field after that

best of luck
19th July 2012, 04:32 PM
Neerajtiwari779

Default Re: Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Hi frend,
A diploma student from mechanical may persue aeronautical engg. Provided you have to clear CET with good score. You will get admission in second year after you are admited through CET. The colage i know granting BE in aeronautical are.
HAL in pune
Indian institute of aeronautical engg.

You may also get seat in IIT after clearing JEE. Provided you have to take the coarse from first year.

Good luck
20th July 2012, 01:11 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Once you complete the diploma in Mechanical Engineering you can opt for B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering. The diploma holders are given the option to get lateral entry in the Engineering course. What does it means is that you will get admission in the second year of B.Tech course. This is what is called lateral entry.

Almost all engineering colleges in India reserve some seats to give direct lateral entry to the diploma students. Most of the colleges reserve somewhere around 10 percent seats for the lateral entry. The lateral entry is not just given to diploma holders but B.Sc candidates may also apply for the lateral entry. However there may be some requirements which differ from college to college.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

You must have passed diploma course from AICTE approved institution.

Only diploma in engineering and B.Sc candidates may apply for lateral entry.

You may have to secure at least 60 percent marks in the diploma course. However this rule is not universal. Some colleges may also give you admission on scoring 50 percent marks. There is up to 5 percent relaxation for reserve category candidates in some colleges.

You should have complete diploma in Engineering after Class 10th.

Although a lot of colleges prefer to give direct admission for lateral entry students there are some colleges which require you to appear in the Lateral Entry Entrance Exam.

Now to help you with you career. Today it is common to take different branch of Engineering after completing the diploma course however this is not recommended in every case. The reason being that some students find it difficult to adjust in different stream.

In your case I would say that the choice purely depends on you. You can take the Aeronautical Engineering course of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. Both courses have great scope especially Mechanical Engineering. I would recommed that unless you have great interest in Aeronautical Engineering pursue Mechanical Engineering course. After you have completed B.Tech in Mechanical there is always the option to go for PG course in Aerospace engineering.
20th July 2012, 05:34 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that after passing diploma in mechanical Engineering you will not get admission in aeronautical engineering.
Friend if you want you can take admission in B.Tech 2nd Year Mechanical Engineering.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like AI.E.E.E, I.I.T-J.E.E. etc.

Some top college for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering:-
> I.I.T, DELHI
> I.I.T, KANPUR
> II.T, GHWAUTAI
> I.I.T, MADRAS
> I.I.T, BOMBAY
> B.H.U-I.T
> I.I.T, PATNA
etc

ALL THE BEST!
20th July 2012, 07:15 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

http://lmcresult.com/showthread.php?tid=1255

Aeronautical Engineer(Mechanical)(AE(M)) :-

A candidate of Aeronautical Engineer(Mechanical)(A.E.(M)) would be eligible if they have undergone a minimum of four year degree qualification from a recognized University.All candidates for this category should have scored a minimum 60% marks in aggregate and studied eight subjects out of eighteen subjects listed below ....

* Engineering Mathematics/Mathematics.
* Engineering Physics/Physics.
* Engineering drawing.
* Industrial Engineering
* Aerodynamics
* Streangth of Material
* Thermodynamics
* Heat and mass transfer
* Right mechanics
* Machine drawing
* Mechatronics
* Vibrations
* Material science
* Workshop technology
* Fluid mechanics
* Theory of machines
* Aircraft maintenance
* Hydraulics

Official website of Indian Air Force :

http://www.indianairforce.nic.in

~regards~
priyo
30th July 2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

can i take aadmision to aeronautical after completing my diploma in IT..????
1st December 2012, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

can i get admision in 2nd year aeronautical engeeniring after diploma in electrical with 65%.
3rd January 2013, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

after complet my BE Mechanical can i get the job in aeronautical fild
26th March 2013, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

WOULD IT BE A GOOD OPTION TO DO DIPLOMA AFTER 10TH OR COMPETE FOR IIT
27th March 2013, 12:06 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are eligible for Aeronautical Engineering course...

If you want you can take admission in Technical Engineering course after passing diploma in Mechanical Engineering.

You can take admission in top Engineering college.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam.

Top Engineering College in India:-
> Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
> Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
> Indian Institute of Technology, Karagpur
> Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
> Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
> National Institute of Technology, Wrangal
etc

ALL THE BEST!
2nd April 2013, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering 2nd year after completing diploma in Aeronautical Engineering?
14th April 2013, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Can i have admission in aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in electrical and electronics engg
5th May 2013, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 2nd puc exam how to get an admission in aeronotical engereeing colleges in kaarnataka .......could i get the seats by attending cet
17th May 2013, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 12th with 97% in groups and total marks of 960 out of 1000 but did not qualify in JEE will i get a free seat in Hindustan university in mech or in aeronautical
21st May 2013, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Deepan
I have finished diplomo in electrical engineering can i join aeronatucal engineering in lateral entry
11th June 2013, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in aironautical engg. after diploma in mechanical engg. with 98% mark
2nd July 2013, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

CAN I CONTINUE MY EDUCATION WIT JOB AFR DOING DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGG
5th February 2014, 07:00 AM
Unregistered

How to take addmission for B.Tec or B.E. In aeronautical after completing diploma in mechanical engg
20th February 2014, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission for b.e or b.tech in aeronautical after completing dipploma in electronics & tele communication engineering
17th March 2014, 06:31 AM
Unregistered

Which is the best colleges of aeronautical engineering in india for diploma holder students ?
10th April 2014, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
3rd May 2014, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completing degree in Mechanical Engineering? if i do not good score in GATE exam so how can i apply the Aeronautical Engineering? so sponserd candiadte are eligible or not Aeronautical Engineering? And sponserd candidate are eligible so what is the criteria?
27th May 2014, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir can i get addmission aeronautical engg after completing diploma in computer engg. Plz help..
28th May 2014, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma of aeronautical engineering?
1st June 2014, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

I got 74.20% in s.s.c exam can I get admission in mechanical engineering at l.m college
10th June 2014, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Will I get admission for aeronautical engg after finishing 1 year diploma correspondence course in all india council for management studies. . Will I get admission..in any top colleges?
15th September 2014, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

I want a job in indain airfroce. Pls tell me wt to do.
I'm doing diploma mechanical 2nd year. And I'm 23.
I hve exprience in maintenance of 1year 6 month.
28th September 2014, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

I am student of b.tech final year in electrical engineering.
May I join M.tech for aeronautical engineering?
11th October 2014, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

I am studing polytecnic in mechanical .Am i eligible for aerontics

after polytecnic?
15th January 2015, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

thank you
19th February 2015, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

hi acc I wanted to know that do I have to give jee or any kind of entrance exam for BE in aeronautical engeeering. Currently I am pursuing my diploma I mechanical engineering final sem.
17th March 2015, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

hi friends i am in big confusion, please help me i completed diploma ME and i want to become great aeronautical or aerospace engineer , i don't know which course i want to choose ,,,,,,,,,did i make 1st BE or some other course ((i am spending 1 year for to aquire that knowledge))))
5th April 2015, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

I got 80% in my SSC now what should I do to get admissionin aeronautical engineering?
9th May 2015, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

I hav completed Diploma in computer technology , but will to study aeronautical engineering.Is there any choice to join the course? If not wat i can do? need some suggession.
24th May 2015, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

can i get admisition diploma in aironotical engineering?? how many fees??? how many college in gujrat for aironotical engineering??
1st July 2015, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Is there any chance for pg in aeronautical engineering after B.E. in electronics and communication plzz answer
2nd July 2015, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

I am studying diploma in mechanical engineering final year.can i get admission for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering?
2nd July 2015, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

I am studying diploma in mechanical engineering final year.can i get admission for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering(AME)? Am I eligible for it??
6th August 2015, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I am studying diploma in mechanical engineering in final year .I have an 84% in over all marks.I get admission for {AME} ? am I eligible for it or not ? PLEASE REPLY MY QUESTION contact: 9942641958
22nd November 2015, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my dimloma in mechatronics, how to get an aeronautical engineering sheet and which is the best college in Bangalore, india
27th May 2016, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission through only iit jee mains examination that i have completed my diploma in mechanical engineering 2016 plz help me
10th April 2017, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Can i have admission in aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in electrical and electronical engineering.
16th April 2017, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

How may I get admission in aeronautics after completing diploma in electrical engineering?
8th June 2017, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission for aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in computer engineering
20th September 2017, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in electrical and electronics engineering can I join aerospace engineering
28th May 2018, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

Can I go for aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
7th June 2018, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Can l get admission for aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication engineering
18th December 2018, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

Can i do aerospace engineering btech after completing diploma in aeronautical engineering
19th December 2019, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

my relative studying in aeronautical engineer in self finance college(pvt. college)
I am studying in 4 th semester recently.
due to financial issue shall I change pvt college to govt. college?
also shall I change my stream aeronautical engg to mechanical engg.?
please give me guidance.. 966 549664150 or mail
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?