6th February 2011, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in a good B-School throgh CAT after distance B.A. ?

is dere going to be any problem in getting a good b-school through cat if i do my BA with math through correnspondence(IGNOU)

Related Questions:
  1. Is M.Tech from Singhania University valid?
  2. Am I eligible to get admission in B school after a year gap from work?
  3. Whether the marks of school and graduation will affect at the time of admission if secured good marks in CAT?
  4. How can a candidate of Andhra, Write CET exam of Medicine in Maharashtra?
  5. How to do MBA in distance? Is correspondence better than distance?
  6. Can I get admission in Good MBA Colleges without CAT exam? Any other easier exams than CAT? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to get admission in MBA after scoring 65% marks in 12th?
  8. Admission details in B.K School of Management and K.S School of Management without writing entrance exams?
  9. How much CGPa is required to get admission in a good school of Chandigarh after 10th?
  10. Will I get admission in good B-school if there is more than one year academic gap?
  11. List of good colleges which i can get with my CAT score of 72 percentile?
  12. Can I do MBA after qualifying CAT exam from B School as distance
  13. Can I do AMIE course through distance learning along with my regular job? I have done Diploma in automobile engineering
  14. Required Percentage of marks in all the academic levels to be eligible for CAT and MAT Exams? Required score in the Entrance Exams to get admission in a top college?
  15. What to do if colleges are not giving me admission being an open school candidate?
  16. How to write CAT exam after scoring 60% in high school and 54% in intermediate?
  17. Scored less in Verbal in CAT Exam, which colleges can I apply?
  18. Is Thar School, Osian a good school? Procedure to get admission in this school? -- [New]
6th February 2011, 10:56 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in a good B-School throgh CAT after distance B.A. ?

There is no problem in doing a correspondence course. A correspondence course is equivalent to a regular course as long you pursue the course from a recognised institute. Most of the colleges either conduct their own entrance exam or accept scores of institutes like CAT, MAT etc. You need not prepare for each of the test separately. Since the structure and syllabus is similar you can prepare for the common areas together.
6th February 2011, 10:56 PM
diego
Banned

Default Re: Can I get admission in a good B-School throgh CAT after distance B.A. ?

Well of course,while correspondence courses have less value in the eyes of
Private companies ,, there is no such bias in case of government agencies.
If you know your subjects you will have no difficulty,
If you manage good percentiles in CAT you can secure calls from all the good colleges including IIM's You should concentrate on your CAT preparation and your GDPI preparation.
And even if you face a question why you chose to go for correspondence keep ready a good reply... like lack of funds etc.
Be truthful.
Correspondence wont mater anything.
6th February 2011, 11:08 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yes you may get admission in a good B-School if you take admission through CAT score.

you have done BA with mathematics through correspondence it will not create any problem. if you have good score in CAT you will be able to take admission in good B-school irrespective of your graduation degree is regular or correspondence.

the eligibility criterion to take admission in MBA is you should have minimum of bachelor degree in any discipline form a recognized university. both correspondence part time student and full time students are eligible for MBA study.

best wishes.
6th February 2011, 11:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Yes Definitely !

You Will Get Admission In Top B-Schools On The Basis Of CAT Score. To Appear In CAT Entrance Exams You Have To pass In Your Bacholar Degree, So Please dont Worry If You Have Completed Your B.A Course From The Correspondence, Then You Are Eligible to Appear In CAT Exams.

And If You Have Scored Good Marks In CAT Entrance Exams Then You will Definitely Get Admission In Top B- Schools. So, Please Prepare Well For This Entrance Exams And Try To Improve Your Communication Skills And GD Skills, Only Then You Will Get Admission In MBA In Top B-Schools.

So, Dont worry You Are Eligible to Appear In CAT Entrance Exams.
6th February 2011, 11:56 PM
SupritShestha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is dere going to be any problem in getting a good b-school through cat if i do my BA with math through correnspondence(IGNOU)
hi friend!

yes definitely you can join the B-school anywhere in India no matter where or how you did your BA...you need to write CAT exam and get good score and you can apply to colleges after that...

wish you all the best..
7th February 2011, 11:58 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

yes, you can get admission in top MBA schools like IIMs, by cracking the entrance test CAT. There will be no problem with your graduation background.

you need to have passed the graduation degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks.

So prepare well for the MBA entrance exams.

Good luck!!
14th May 2011, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Hi All,

I am little curious about the same question, I have recently taken GMAT and scored 720. However, I have done my B.Com(P) from correspondence mode of University of Delhi back in 2000. I have worked for 7 years in financial sector and 3 years in non for profit. During my working in both sectors I have achieved several milestones. I choose to do my graduation through distant mode as my percentile was not good enough to get into any of the college. Since I could not maintain good percentile, I am affraid whether my applications will be concider. Can anybody help me to tell me where should I apply? and what are the chances of getting into a good b-school?
14th May 2011, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Hi All,

I am little curious about the same question, I have recently taken GMAT and scored 720. However, I have done my B.Com(P) from correspondence mode of University of Delhi back in 2000. I have worked for 7 years in financial sector and 3 years in non for profit. During my working in both sectors I have achieved several milestones. I choose to do my graduation through distant mode as my percentile was not good enough to get into any of the college. Since I could not maintain good percentile, I am affraid whether my applications will be concider. Can anybody help me to tell me where should I apply? and what are the chances of getting into a good b-school?
27th May 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

i got 64.66% in 12th now i am reapeating for iit-jee and wish to do MBA after engg. will i get a good college on such marks?
30th June 2011, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Is shubharti university is recognised university?
18th September 2011, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

I am currently Pursuing My CA...I cleared Inter in my 1st attempt....M doing the special Bcom course offered by Ignou for those doing CA. Will i be eligible for IIM MBA or will my Ignou background be a setback??
30th January 2012, 10:59 PM
Rapchik007

You Will Get Admission In Top B-Schools On The Basis Of CAT Score. To Appear In CAT Entrance Exams You Have To pass In Your Bacholar Degree, So Please dont Worry If You Have Completed Your B.A Course From The Correspondence, Then You Are Eligible to Appear In CAT Exams.

And If You Have Scored Good Marks In CAT Entrance Exams Then You will Definitely Get Admission In Top B- Schools. So, Please Prepare Well For This Entrance Exams And Try To Improve Your Communication Skills And GD Skills, Only Then You Will Get Admission In MBA In Top B-Schools.

So, Dont worry You Are Eligible to Appear In CAT Entrance Exams.
22nd May 2012, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

i got 56.4% in 12th.....now i m pursuing b.com final year...can i get admission in IIMs after completing my b.com with this percent in 12th....
plz reply....
10th October 2012, 03:43 AM
Unregistered

sir i am doing physics hons through ignou unversity in delhi...can i get iim college...?
10th June 2015, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in Harvard or Standford with my Qualifications distance degree (B.Com) and C.A.
5th January 2022, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

I'm a 2021 pass out ...and I wrote cat exam ..but didn't score well...so, I'm trying to put some more efforts to crack cat exam in 2022 ...so, may I eligible for iim
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?