26th August 2011, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in M.Tech programs after scoring 60% marks in B.Tech?

hello friends,unfortunately my academics throughtout my B.E was worst and my final year result is exact sixty percent,now am planning to go for MTECH
will i get admitted to MTECH and plz refer some exams for that
and one more question,,what is exactly software engineer,means what am supposed to know to become a software engineer

8th April 2012, 01:25 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I get admission in M.Tech programs after scoring 60% marks in B.Tech?

Hi

Yea SURE you can study M.Tech with 60% marks in B.Tech.

Infact congrats that however bad it is, but 60% is the criteria everywhere and so you have got that at least.

If you wish to do M.Tech, then you have to sit for the GATE exam which is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This is organized by the IIT's every year to select candidates for the M.Tech programs in various IIT's, NIT's and BITs and other good colleges across the country.

The basic Eligibility Criteria to sit for the GATE exam are :-

1. You should be a minimum graduate in B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharmacy from a recognized college or university in India.

2. You can take take as many attempts as you want as there are no limitations.

3. The whole of your B.Tech course would be questioned in the paper.

4. You must be pass in all the B.Tech semesters and there should not be any backlogs.

So if you fulfill these, then surely you can do M.Tech in any stream you want.

Mind you, GATE is not easy. You have to get minimum 98 percentile ie. top 1000 ranks to get into any one of the IIT's or even NIT's,

Thus start working hard and making up for the studies that you didn't do in your B.Tech which resulted in your poor marks.

This year, the GATE exam is over. You can fill up next year.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
8th April 2012, 02:36 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in M.Tech programs after scoring 60% marks in B.Tech?

Hi Dear

After complete your B.Tech then you want to admission in M.Tech that is good for your future.

Because for any higher study candidate chance is more secure in private sector job .

But after B.Tech if you want to continue study then you go for entrance test for M.Tech.

Entrance test likes GATE .
This test is for specially admission in IIT and Nit of all india.

Also you can admission in other colleges .

But for M.Tech admission there is no requires any marks for B.Tech only you pass B.Tech that is requires....

Good M.Tech Colleges are:-

*All IIT in India

*All NIT in India

*All Bits colleges In India.......

And other also Colleges ..............

Good Luck.............
8th April 2012, 02:46 PM
priyanka_22

Thumbs up Re: Can I get admission in M.Tech programs after scoring 60% marks in B.Tech?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1082662]hello friends,unfortunately my academics throughtout my B.E was worst and my final year result is exact sixty percent,now am planning to go for MTECH
and one more question,,what is exactly software engineer,means what am supposed to know to become a software engineer[/QUOTE]

Dear Aspirant,

Surely , you can !!

It is not unfortunate atleast its good that you have scored the minimum required percentage in B. Tech .

There are several entrance exam to get into M. Tech they are :
  • Graduate Aptitude Test Exam
  • Bits Entrance Exam
  • All India Engineering Entrance Exam

and many more, which are basically conducted to get into various Colleges as
IIT(Indian Insititute of Technology),BITs (Birla Institute of Technology),
NITs .

Additionally, there are many state level colleges which provides you admission on GATE Score basis.

The thing is you must appear and clear one of this exams GATE score is valid every where.

Try to clear GATE depending on your stream eg. CS,ECE,EI etc requires 98 above percentile to get good colleges while Mech and other would do it in 95 and above.

You must try well .

Best Luck for Future.

Quote:
"If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes."
8th April 2012, 03:06 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in M.Tech programs after scoring 60% marks in B.Tech?

Yes you are eligible to apply for the M.Tech course. The admission in M.Tech is through the entrance exam so if you are thinking to get admission in the top institutes then you have to give the GATE entrance exam. If you score excellent in this exam then you will also get the scholarship form the government. This means that your hardworking can give you the education free of cost.
8th April 2012, 03:45 PM
bablucena9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello friends,unfortunately my academics throughtout my B.E was worst and my final year result is exact sixty percent,now am planning to go for MTECH
and one more question,,what is exactly software engineer,means what am supposed to know to become a software engineer
Hi,
You can take admission in m.tech by applying gate entrance exam with 60% marks in b.tech.
Eligilbility for gate:-
You should be pass b.tech from a reconized board.
Age limit 19 to 23 years.
This year gate exam is over.
Keeping work hard.
Good luck
16th July 2013, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission in MTECH program having less than 60% marks in B.E?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?