5th June 2022, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admitted to Nit and IIT if passed in class 12th but failed in mathematics?

I passed out class 12 this year (2022)but failed in maths ,will I be able to give jee exam and get admitted to NIT and IIT since the eligibility criteria for jee this year is to pass the class 12 only and 75% criteria is removed?

6th June 2022, 05:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get admitted to Nit and IIT if passed in class 12th but failed in mathematics?

Yes, you can still get into NITs and IITs for pursuing degree course in Engineering i.e; B.E./B.Tech. degree course even having failed in Mathematics paper of your Class 12th but declared Class 12th pass as for getting into NITs and IITs one is required to qualify JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) and for appearing in these examination any Class 12th passed candidate is eligible.

One thing here I would like to let you know that admission in NITs is also based on JEE Main while admission in IITs is based on JEE Advanced for which only JEE Main qualified students are eligible.
6th June 2022, 09:52 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get admitted to Nit and IIT if passed in class 12th but failed in mathematics?

The admission criteria for IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs for BTech course is a candidate must have scored a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or should fall under the top 20 percentile from a recognized board. For the BArch course, a candidate should have scored 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2.

The eligibility criteria for JEE Mains is a candidate must have passed 10+2 with compulsory subjects such as Physics, Mathematics, and any one of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, or Technical vocational subject from a recognized board. There is no age limit to apply for this examination. The candidates are allowed to appear for JEE Main examination for a consecutive three years.
8th June 2022, 01:59 PM
periwinkle09876

No, you cannot get admission in any National institute of technology on the basis of joint entrance examination scorecard if you have failed in mathematics because of the fact that at the time of releasing rank card of JEE Mains the marks obtained by a candidate in 12th is taken into consideration.
9th June 2022, 02:09 PM
Naresh199

Sorry to say but NO. You need to pass the 10+2 Exam with a minimum of 75% aggregate to get Admission into NIT, IIIT and other GFTI's through JoSAA Counselling based on your JEE MAIN Score.
21st August 2022, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

They removed the 75% criteria this year
26th May 2023, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE GOT 76% IN BOARDS THIS YEAR BUT FAILED IN MATHS , AM I ELIGIBLE FOR IITs/NITs?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?