22nd May 2015, 02:36 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear for IIT JEE aftre getting failed in 12th class?

Sir/mam, i am presently studying in class 12th and will give my 12th cbse board this year. I am not sure whether i will pass or fail. I only simply wanted to know if a candidate like me fails this year, ie, in xii th cbse board exam, can he reappear for 12th board next year and able to give iit jee exam next year. What are criteria for failing in 12th board. Plz give my answer.

22nd May 2015, 08:21 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear for IIT JEE aftre getting failed in 12th class?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IIT JEE Examination next year after reappearing and passing the 12th Class from a recognized board/ institute. But remember, you are eligible to appear in IIT JEE Examination only after passing 12th class. The number of attempts you can avail at JEE Advanced is limited 2 (two) that too in consecutive years.

Important Note:

>> Candidates who have passed in their 12th Class in 2015 or appearing their 12th Class in 2016 only are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2016 examination.

>> So if you fail this year (in 2015) means, you will appear 12th Class in 2016 to clear this exam. So you will be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2016 Examination with the criteria you have mentioned.
22nd May 2015, 09:55 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear for IIT JEE aftre getting failed in 12th class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/mam, i am presently studying in class 12th and will give my 12th cbse board this year. I am not sure whether i will pass or fail. I only simply wanted to know if a candidate like me fails this year, ie, in xii th cbse board exam, can he reappear for 12th board next year and able to give iit jee exam next year. What are criteria for failing in 12th board. Plz give my answer.
No, failed 12th standard candidates are not eligible for IIT JEE exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
22nd May 2015, 11:20 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

As a candidate who was pursuing 12th standard, you can apply for JEE main exam, but your candidature and your JEE main exam score will be considered only if you can clear 12th standard board exam. And candidates who have passed their 12th standard in second attempt are not eligible to appear for JEE main exam. So, first try to complete your 12th standard in first attempt to become eligible for JEE main exam.
22nd May 2015, 12:20 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can write you class 12th exam next year if you have failed in the current year.
As the basic qualification to write IIT JEE is a candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board of education.
22nd May 2015, 01:23 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

First of all I would like to say that do not get discouraged by anyone or don't be afraid of board examination and try to study well and I am sure you will make it this year itself, however, if you don't make it this year, than yes, you can surely appear for your 12th board once again as a private candidate.

And after having scored well you can surely appear for IIT-JEE examination in the concluding year.

You will be declared as a failed candidate in your 12th board examination if you fail in more than 4 subjects, these 4 subjects include English, Hindi and any 2 other subjects.

Therefore, if you are passed in all the above mentioned 4 subjects, than you will be declared as a passed out candidate.
22nd May 2015, 05:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot appear in JEE Main examination after failing 12th standard. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. After qualifying 12th examination, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. To be eligible to appear in JEE Advance examination, you must have qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination.
17th September 2015, 05:16 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes you can appear in JEE exam next year but only when you will pass 12th with minimum 50% marks. Try to score more than 50% because it will be beneficial for you only.
A candidate must fulfil the eligibility criteria :
Age should be between 17-25 years.
12th should have done from recognized board.
18th September 2015, 07:27 PM
gokul ka raja

You are not eligible for jee IIT exam after fail in 12th board exam. For the entrance of jee main you not need these like structures.But for the jee IIT advanced ,you must clear your 12th examination from a a board.
Only then you will be eligible for the exam.
You have three chances of jee mains exam and two chances for jee advanced.and the selection processor is only cuttoff for different catogeries.
The syllabus for iit mains is under on 12th based but for advanced there is an hard exam...
13th April 2017, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have appeared in jee main 2017, but if I get 2nd division in class 12th from BSEB. Then, can I fill Jee main next year ?
25th July 2017, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in class 12 examination conducted by cbse in 2017... can i appear as a cbse private candidate also can a i apply for jee examination next year also does jee accept the cbse private candidate result??
31st October 2017, 06:24 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to give JEE exam.
A candidate must be 12th passed or appearing in class 12th can apply for JEE.

After the declaration of your results suppose if you are fail than you will be not eligible for JEE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?