19th April 2010, 10:54 PM
rohitkumar008

Can I get good colleges after scoring well in GATE even if my 10th and 12th marks are below average?

hiiiiiiiii.....sir/mam,

I hv 59% in the 10th std and 48% in the 12th std and i want to prep for gate so i want to ask that if i ill score nice marks in the gate xam then can i ill able to get good college. Now i am in the 3rd yr in electronic and instrumentation enggering..plzz sir replay me soon
thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in any good college if secured 68% in 12th but 58% in PCM?
  2. In which colleges can I apply after scoring 25 marks in GATE CSE?
  3. Which are the best M.Tech colleges in which I can get after scoring 19.33 marks in GATE?
  4. How to get a good job after B.E(ECE) with 63.3% marks? Should i try GATE again?
  5. Eligibility to get admission in Marine Engineering after scoring 60% marks in 10th but average marks in 12th?
  6. If I get into a good M.Tech and get a good percentage then will the companies reject me due to the low scoring marks in B.E?
  7. What can I do after scoring good marks in GATE 2017?
  8. Am I eligible for GATE after scoring 58% in 10th and 71% in 12th
  9. Can I get a job in a good company after scoring 63% marks in 12th and 73.2 marks in 10th
  10. Am i eligible for PO in Bank after scoring 45% in 10th?
  11. How can I get a good job after completing MBA with good marks? I've got 67% in 10th, 78% in 12th and 56% marks in B.Com undergraduate
  12. List of good colleges for me being a candidate having secured 73% in 10th, 65% in 12th, 67% in Graduation and 570 marks in MAT Exam?
  13. Expected GATE score on the basis of preparation done?
  14. Can I get in a good private college after scoring 14.67 marks in GATE?
  15. Which colleges can I get after scoring 30 marks in GATE? Procedure of AP GATE counseling?
  16. Which college should I expect among good colleges in India after scoring 35 to 40 marks in GATE?
  17. Am I eligible for PSU after scoring 59% marks in 12th and getting good rank in Gate? -- [New]
  18. Can I get admission in IIM after scoring 6% marks in 10th standard, 66% marks in 12th standard and 59% in graduation
20th April 2010, 03:59 PM
Harshita21

Default Re: Can I get good colleges after scoring well in GATE even if my 10th and 12th marks are below average?

hello rohit

Yes you can if score greater than or equal to 90 percentile then you can get admission in NIT college.

Also you can get Scholarship in NIT or IIT

Your 12th standard marks are not cosidered for this.
SO Best of luck
20th April 2010, 08:30 PM
kavitha kumarasamy

Default Re: Can I get good colleges after scoring well in GATE even if my 10th and 12th marks are below average?

i hope you will get good college if your score is up to the mark and level of expecting.
try to get within 200 ranks.
all the best!
prepare and do well!
21st April 2010, 12:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

yes, if you score more than 90% marks in gate exams.
then you can get admission in NIT and IIT college as
well as you will get scholarship according to your marks.
so, prepare well in gate exams, i think you will get a chance
to get admission in NIT and IIT..........

ok
all the best.
17th May 2010, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

can i get good college in chennai? i got 60%in 12th 2010. i like to do ME or CE. from S.Vivek (Neyveli)
20th May 2010, 08:31 AM
Harshita21

your answer is yes BUT

GATE exam is for entrance in M.Tech .

In M.Tech you can get admission
by merit - on the basis of B.Tech score

by clearing GATE exam

Your 12th standard marks has no role in this
even your 12th standard marks has no role except that you require 50% as criteria for AIEEE entrance.

AIEEE entrance exam is for Engineering.This is for you not GATE

all the best
23rd May 2010, 03:29 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
yes if you have scored well in GATE exam then there is no problem even if you have scored less in 10 th or 12th exam.you get admission into colleges looking at how well you have scored in GATE exam and your percentile marks in it.
24th May 2010, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

my gate rank is 9000.
what can i expect from this rank?
15th July 2010, 03:55 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Yes off coarse you can get good college evan after having below average in your 10 and 12th standard.

So do not need to worry for that.

Just give the entrance exam of gate with good preparation.

All the best.
15th August 2010, 07:51 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes you can get.

but if you to get admission in IITs, then it will be some problems for you.

though with your good gate score you can get good engg colleges.

all the best.......
26th August 2010, 03:00 AM
Unregistered

hey...i hav read that 0.35 gate 0.1 10th 0.1 12th .15 be degree and remaining 30% is for interview for M.Tech admission....i hav 81% in 10 th & 67% in 12th....what r my chances for getting IITs
5th September 2010, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir
I got 56 % in btech and if i will get good rank in gate then in which college i can apply for mtech having only 56% in btech. Please reply...
5th September 2010, 12:54 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend

It equally true that you can get a better college like NITs and IITs even after getting average marks in 10th and 12th. You just need to prepare for the GATE exam and after just clearing the exam(getting 75 percentile) is enough to be able to get in them.

Just wait and watch the admission announcement of various NITS. IITs do fill there seats at one time only and seats remain vacant only in the NITs and sometimes non GATE persons are entitled to get a seat in NITs. This thing also happened this year in NIT Kurukshetra, Bhopal, Surat.... so many cases are here.

Dont worry you will get surely a seat there.
5th September 2010, 01:29 AM
meeria

Dear friend
Yes you can good college like NIT,IIT.........etc.if score greater than or equal to 90 percentile then you can get admission in NIT college,if 96% or above
then you can admited to IIT.

have a good day.
5th September 2010, 02:52 AM
Rickers

Hello,

Yes, offcourse you can get good colleges if you score well in GATE exam.
See the marks in 10th and 12th doesn't matter in the higher studies admission.
so don't get worried about the 10 and 12th just prepare well for the GATE exam.
You can get chance in IITs and NITs and get good scholarship as well.
Good luck!!!!
5th September 2010, 05:00 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir
I got 56 % in btech and if i will get good rank in gate then in which college i can apply for mtech having only 56% in btech. Please reply...
All the IITs require at least 6.5 GPA or 60% in BTech for admission through GATE. No matter what you score in GATE. You should go through the list of college to find best possible option.
5th September 2010, 07:35 AM
helpmaster

Yes, you can get good college if you score sufficiently high in your GATe exam.
Ok don't worrry regarding your 10 and 12 marks as youcan't do anything in this respect and its paast. What you can do iis look for your future and what is in yor hand
5th September 2010, 08:17 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hi.
no.
its not needed.u better perform well in ur xam GATE

goood luck.
5th September 2010, 09:40 AM
syedirshadameen

Post Re: Can I get good colleges after scoring well in GATE even if my 10th and 12th marks are below average?

Yes you can get good college after scoring well in gate they will see your gate scoring they will noy see your 10 and 12 th marks
5th September 2010, 10:06 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

it is not a matter of worry,If you secure good marks in GATE exam, surely you will get

admission in good colleges as during the admission in M.Tech ,the marks of class

10th and 12th is not considered.

Best of luck
5th September 2010, 10:36 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Yes ofcourse you can get Good colleges if you get good marks in GATE exam...you will also avail the scholarship if you score really high...Since you are an ECE student ,I suggest you to follow RK kanodia...Its a good book...
5th September 2010, 10:49 AM
tina toms

if you have a good percentage for yyour engineering,the 10th marks will not be considered.also u have to get pretty good score for gate if you want to get into a good college
5th September 2010, 11:59 AM
avinash kr.
Banned

yes you will get good college if you have good score in gate. these are no depends on the marks obtained in class 10th and 12th..thanking you
5th September 2010, 12:03 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

of course,you can take admission in reputed engineering college of India like IITs,NITs, IISc etc after getting good score in GATE exam.

as per your marks in 1oth and 12th board you are eligible for GATE exam.

now you have do hard work to score well in GATE exam.taking admission in reputed college after passing GATE exam is nothing to do with result of 12th or 10th board.

so go ahead you will win.

good luck.
5th September 2010, 12:07 PM
Raj333

Dear friend
your 10th and 12th marks can not consider in gate exam.if you get more than 95% in gate then you may get good college like iit but it is also depend on your interview which is taken indivisually by those college in which you will apply for admission.

Best of luck
5th September 2010, 03:20 PM
chaitu667

Hai bro!

If the question I have seen is right then the answer I would give you is Yes.
The admission doesn't depends on your 10th or 12th marks it mostly depends on the cut off marks that you secured in B.Tech or B.E and the percentile that you got in GATE exam.
Even those 10th and 12th marks are not important for B.Tech but you need to get minimum of pass percentage.
Prepare well for GATE and dont neglect your 3rd year subjects.
If you get a rank that is eligible for M.Tech admission please try for IIT's or NIT's there you will have bright future.
All the best!
5th September 2010, 04:08 PM
Saikiran M

If you could really do well in GATE, then the answer is "YES"

In such an event, you can get admission into anyone of the IIT's across india,
IISC-Banglore, NIT's, and top universities of india.

But for all this, you will have to keep yourself up to top 300 ranks (or) 92% & above.

It will be an advantage for you if you belong to any reservation categories like OBC/SC/ST
In such cases, the probabilty of you getting into india's finest universities will increase.

Regards,
MASK
10th September 2010, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Hi...
I m seema. Nw m in 3rd yr b.tech chemical. I hv 58% in 10th and 59% in 12th. And i m interested to give gate. If i get good marks in gate then i will get admission in any good industry then i got shcolship there or not and i get then hw much i will get. Plz rply sir.,
thank you
11th September 2010, 03:30 PM
# singh is king #

dear friend,

If u will get 90% marks in GATE then u will get the chance to admission into IIT,NIT,IIS(bangalore).these are no depends on the marks obtained in class 10th and 12th..thanking you .

all the best.........
13th September 2010, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
The notification of NIT rourkela for M.tech(res) has come up. I want to know the difference b/w m.tech and m.tech(res).
Am I be eligible for the placement opportunities .Even if i do not have gate score then also can i get admission into the course.
1st October 2010, 06:42 PM
Thimmarayappa

Hi,, i sent a message it is not yet replied may i know the reason?
15th February 2011, 11:16 PM
SupritShestha

if you do well in GATE then there is no need to worry about the 10th and 12th marks...your percentile in GATE will solely decide your fate in getting any good colleges in India...so dont worry of 10th and 12th marks..
9th March 2011, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

if i will get above 80% marks in 10th can i do iit?
29th March 2011, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

which class marks is more important 10 or 12 ?
2nd April 2011, 07:04 PM
sumati15

Smile Re: Can I get good colleges after scoring well in GATE even if my 10th and 12th marks are below average?

hello
yes u can...
15th April 2011, 08:26 AM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hi...
I m seema. Nw m in 3rd yr b.tech chemical. I hv 58% in 10th and 59% in 12th. And i m interested to give gate. If i get good marks in gate then i will get admission in any good industry then i got shcolship there or not and i get then hw much i will get. Plz rply sir.,
thank you
hii, seema dont worry about marks, you can surely write GATE exam and score a very high percentile, then you can join iit usually iit madras wont ask 10 ,10+2 marks, only your Gate SCORE AND YOUR performance in interview.
15th April 2011, 08:28 AM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello Sir,
The notification of NIT rourkela for M.tech(res) has come up. I want to know the difference b/w m.tech and m.tech(res).
Am I be eligible for the placement opportunities .Even if i do not have gate score then also can i get admission into the course.
hii, M TECH res. means you need to stay there only, and in this type of colleges very high profile companies will come.
16th April 2011, 03:20 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
If you score 90% or more in the GATE exams then you can well and sure get admission in NIT or IIT because your 12th standard percentage is not considered here .
So all the best for your future and prepare well for the exmas.
Thanks.
15th January 2012, 11:46 PM
edward1989

Yes you can if score greater than or equal to 90 percentile then you can get admission in NIT college.

Your 12th standard marks are not cosidered for this.
SO Best of luck
18th January 2012, 08:38 PM
GUNDA DIVYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitkumar008 View Post
hiiiiiiiii.....sir/mam,

I hv 59% in the 10th std and 48% in the 12th std and i want to prep for gate so i want to ask that if i ill score nice marks in the gate xam then can i ill able to get good college. Now i am in the 3rd yr in electronic and instrumentation enggering..plzz sir replay me soon
thank you
Hi,

Yes you can don't think about your 12th std marks here they are worthless.

Don't be depressed work hard and prepare well and get a good score in gate.

Gate is conducted through out the world so you have to face tough competition so work hard and fulfill your dreams.

All the very best....
18th January 2012, 11:16 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To get admission in M.tech course you have to score well in GATE exam.

Your 10th and 12th marks are not needed..

After completion of BE/B.tech course you can appear in GATE exam.

Through GATE exam you can apply for M.tech course.

Depending on the score in GATE exam you will get M.tech college.

So, try to prepare for GATE exam, not need to worry about other marks..

All the best.
30th January 2012, 02:44 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
hiiiiiiiii.....sir/mam,

thank you
HI,
If you score nice marks in G.A.T.E that is above 90% then you get admission in top college like I.I.T, N.I.T..
But for this you have to work hard in your graduation course..
Under stand the concept of you subject..

GOOD LUCK!
30th January 2012, 04:15 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hiiiiiiiii.....sir/mam,

thank you
HI,
After completing B.Tech you can apply for G.A.T.E exam.
In G.A.T.e exam 10th and 12th marks not natter at all.

If you score high percentage marks in G.A.T.E exam then you get admissions in top engineering college.
You always think positive and work hard..

GOOD LUCK!
21st November 2013, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

I want information about shafe?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?