9th November 2011, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a government college for engineering after scoring 80% in diploma final year?

Can I get Govarnment college for Engineering After scoring above 80% in Diploma final year.

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get a seat in government counseling after scoring 82% aggregate in ECE final year?
  2. Admission in government college in Pune after scoring 87% marks in final year diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Best colleges in Pune University?
  3. List of colleges for mechanical engineering after getting 92% in diploma?
  4. Am I eligible to write IIT JEE? I am pursuing diploma(final year student) in electronics engineering from government polytechnic college under UPTU
  5. List of colleges offering Ph.D course in Library Science?
  6. Which college can I get for direct 2nd year B.E Mechanical after scoring 65.85% in final year diploma mechanical engineering
  7. Can I get admission in government college for direct 2nd year for computer engineering after scoring 73%?
  8. How can we get a government job after completion of diploma course? -- [New]
  9. Is there any government college or government aided college where I can do degree course in Automobile Engineering? What other courses can I do with my diploma course in Automobile Engineering?
  10. Best engineering government college providing lateral entry in Coimbatore?
  11. How many colleges are there in Kerala offering MBA in Airport management? Which are they?
  12. Which Jobs I can apply in Railway being a candidate of pursuing Diploma in Engineering with IT?
  13. Can I get into government college of Aeronautical Engineering after passing diploma 3rd year?
  14. Should I get admission in government college of engineering in Mumbai or Pune after scoring 70 to 75%?
  15. Job opportunities in Government sector for Architecture Diploma final year student?
  16. Can I get admission in government college of engineering in Maharashtra after scoring 103 marks in MTH CET? Cutoff list of last year of government engineering college in Maharashtra? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I get admission to direct 2nd year in Gujarat engineering college after scoring 63.70% in final year?
  18. How can I become a lecturer in a government or private engineering college?
11th July 2012, 11:27 PM
tanveersandhu

Default Re: Can I get a government college for engineering after scoring 80% in diploma final year?

Of course my dear friend.........Sure you can get a good govt. college for your B.Tech as your percentage in your Diploma course is really good. You can also give examination such as LEET (in Punjab) for admission in any college of your choice. These examinations are held for students who have completed their diploma course like you for admission in B.Tech. So you can get good marks in that and get admission in a college of your choice. Thank You and Best of Luck.
12th July 2012, 02:33 AM
AKHIL KINGDOM

Default Re: Can I get a government college for engineering after scoring 80% in diploma final year?

YA!You have a good percentage in diploma you will definitely get govn. college for engineering course.

Here is the list of Top Government Engineering Colleges of India:

1.IIT Kharagpur
2.IIT Kanpur
3.IIT Mumbai

IITDelhi

Chennai

IIT

Roorkee

Varanasi

Indian School of Mines

Dhanbad

IIT

Guwahati

College of Engineering, Anna University

Chennai

Jadavpur University, Faculty of Engg & Tech

Calcutta

NIT

Trichy

NIT

Warangal

SVNIT AND MANY MORE COLLEGES
12th July 2012, 07:37 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can get admission in a reputed government college however it purely depends on how good you have performed in the entrance test. All diploma holders have the option to pursue B.Tech in India through lateral entry.

What Lateral entry means is that you will get admission in the second year of the B.Tech course. You will have to apply for same B.Tech subject in which you have completed the diploma. Most Engineering colleges in India reserve some seats for lateral entry. It varies from 5 per cent to 10 percent, depending on the college.

What you need in order to get lateral entry is:

Your qualification should be 10+3 or to make it simple after completing 10th you should complete a 3 year long diploma course.

You will have to score at least 60 percent in diploma which you have achieved.

There should be no pending backlog.

Your age should not exceed 28 years.

If you meet all these criteria then congratulation, you are eligible for lateral entry for the B.Tech course. To do so, you will have to crack the LEET exam in order to get second year entry in the engineering colleges across India.

The eligibility to appear in LEET has been mentioned above. To get admission in good government college you will have to perform exceptionally well in the LEET exam. Even after that your performance in diploma course would play a major role. Since you have got 80 percent in the diploma course, you only need to perform well in LEET to get admission in any good engineering college.
12th July 2012, 09:23 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
AS you have scored 80% in diploma it is a good point to get a good college but as you have interested to join B.tech for this you have to apply for entrance exam & you have to score good rank then only you can get good college .

The list of best college .....

Good luck...............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?