22nd September 2019, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I get jobs in Defence with B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

I am studying 4th and final year of B.Tech Civil Engineering and I want to work in Defence field. How to get the job in Defence or Air Force? Is there any entrance which I can write?

29th September 2019, 04:31 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get jobs in Defence with B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

Candidates in the final year of B.Tech course are eligible for recruitment in defence services after qualifying in CDS examination.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with minimum passing aggregate.

Examination is conducted in two stages. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th September 2019, 11:59 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You can join the defence as an officer in Indian Air Force through CDS or AFCAT entry.

You have to appear and qualify in two stages of examination through both the entry.

So, you can prepare for the entrance examination and after qualifying in the examination will become eligible for selection in the service.

For syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in or www.careerairforce.nic.in.
30th September 2019, 12:39 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for exams like AFCAT and CDS exam for getting jobs in Air Force and Defence.

If you wish to join Air Force, then you can apply for exams like:
  • AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)
  • CDS (Combined Defence Services)

While, if you are looking to join defence forces, then you can apply for:
  • CDS (Combined Defence Services)
Since, you have completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering, so you are eligible for both the exams.
30th September 2019, 12:30 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates with B.Tech qualification are eligible to appear in the examination for recruitment as officer in defence service.

You can become officer after qualifying in CDS or AFCAT examination.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages written and SSB for final selection.So, you can start the preparation for examination as per syllabus of the examination for final selection.
5th October 2019, 12:35 PM
velanade

B.Tech candidate can apply for CDS or AFCAT. To join Indian Air Force.
Thus, CDS is conducted twice a year by the UPSC and AFCAT is conducted twice a year by the Indian Air Force.
For CDS, no certain percentage is required. A candidate should hold a bachelor's degree in any subjects and thus they are eligible to apply for Indian air Force.
For candidate, should have 60% in B.E/B.Tech to apply for AFCAT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?