9th June 2013, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a seat after scoring 74% in JEE?

my inter board 74percent and my jee mains marks is121 can i get seat

22nd March 2015, 12:49 AM
shaish20

Default Re: Can I get a seat after scoring 74% in JEE?

Yes, there is chance that you get admission to B.tech course after scoring 121 marks in JEE.

Its totally depend up on the cut-off mark and the rank you are getting from that.

You need to see your rank and choose colleges or branches according during your counselling.
22nd March 2015, 08:10 AM
aadhihosur123

Smile Re: Can I get a seat after scoring 74% in JEE?

Yes, you have successfully satisfied the eligibility criteria of scoring an aggregate of 60% in the 12th grade, now you have to wait for the cut off marks. As the marks are a bit on the low side. The presence of SC/ST reservations may help in securing a seat.
22nd March 2015, 04:31 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

It seems that you are not completely aware of the IIT admission procedure it is not neccessary that you must be a scorer of 74% marks in entrance test but if you are qualified in all three subjects Physics, Chemistry, Math and comes under the cutoff marks list in JEE exam then you can allots seat to any collage under IIT.

But Even if you have a score of 121 and you are not passed in all subjects (PCM) in Entrance test that means no matter of 121 marks in exam and you will not be eligible but in such score you should be passed in all three subjects and if passed in all subjects then you have to go under the counselling for the admission and after allotting a seat you have to submit your fee in that IIT and can get admission.

IIT,s that you can join are -:

** IIT Rourke

** IIT Kanpur

** IIT kharakpur

** IIT dhanbad

** IIT Mumbai

** IIT delhi

** IIT Chennai

Thank you .
15th April 2015, 08:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can get seat in government college on the basis of your JEE Mains examination .

But I am bit worried that whether you are eligible for appearing in JEE Advance as per the new rules you are required to be among the top 20% students of your respective board on the basis of marks secured in the 12th board examination .

If you are a CBSE student then you are not eligible for appearing in JEE Advance as the cutoff percentage for this board always lie above 75 % marks.

If you are a student of any other boards then you check whether your among 20% student or not .

Once you are not among the top 20% students means that you will not be eligible for JEE Advance and for admission in government colleges like IITs , IIITs or NITs with your desired trade .

But you do not worry much because on the basis of marks in your JEE Mains examination you will get admission in good engineering colleges with better placement with your desired trade for your bachelor of technology course .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?