17th May 2013, 10:20 PM
NIKHILAB111350

Can I get a seat in NIT after scoring 75 marks in Mains?

I am belongs to general category can I got the seat in NIT around 75 marks in mains

15th June 2015, 10:14 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a seat in NIT after scoring 75 marks in Mains?

No, you are not eligible to get the admission in the NIT ( National Institute of Technology ). To get the admission in it. It is necessary to qualify the JEE examination. JEE examination is conducted by the CBSE twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidate must have completed or pursuing in the 10+2 board from a recognised board. Candidate must have PCM as main subject.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Mains and Advance. To get the admission it is necessary to qualify the Mains paper and the cut off list for the general category is 105 marks and to get the IIT it is necessary to qualify the Advance.

So you have to wait for the next year to get the admission in the NIT other than this it is essential to have good aggregate in the board examination as the rank card is based on the 40% weightage of board aggregate and 60% aggregate of the JEE Mains.

Ti get the other information visit at www.cbse.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?