13th January 2018, 11:50 PM
Galayash

Can I give 10th exam in private if I have failed in 9th standard?

Hi my name is Yash I am studying in ICSE Board class 9th standard. I think I will fail because of my absentees. I was getting ill because of fever, cold, climatic change. So, in case I fail can I give 10th SCC exam privately? Can you please answer me?

Related Questions:
  1. CBSE 9th failed can get admission in 10th NIOS board? NIOS 10th standard and 11th standard from a school can be done simultaneously?
  2. Failed in 2 subjects in 1st semester exam of class 9th. Will this affect promotion to class 10th?
  3. Can I apply for 10th standard in a different school if failed in 9th standard?
  4. Possibility of promotion in 10th standard for a National level sports champion who failed in 3 subjects of 9th SA-I & SA-II?
  5. Possibility to get admission in 10th standard in another MP Board affiliated school for 9th failed candidate? -- [New]
  6. Am I eligible to give ICSE 10th Private exam if I fail in class 9th (ICSE Board)?
  7. How to get promotion in 10th CBSE if failed in 9th standard?
  8. Procedure to give 9th standard exam from private school in Kandivali?
  9. How can I get admission in 10th standard if failed in 9th ICSE?
  10. How can I get admission in 11th standard if rejected from my schools having completed 10th from Private School?
  11. Is private 10th possible after failing in 9th class?
  12. Can I appear in 10th ICSE Board exam privately without studying 9th? Procedure of registration? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Private class is better for 9th failed student or is it better to change the board?
  14. How can i externally appear for the Class 10th SSC board?
  15. How to study 10th directly after failing in 9th?
  16. Suggestions if failed in 9th standard ICSE board? What can be done next?
  17. What should I do to appear in 10th Board exam next year if failed in 9th ICSE?
  18. Is it possible to appear in exams either as a regular or a private student from CBSE?
15th January 2018, 08:29 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give 10th exam in private if I have failed in 9th standard?

1. You can not apply for 10th board examination directly without passing ninth standard. Passing ninth standard examination is minimum requisite to appear for higher secondary board examination.

2. Only those students who register for board examination in ninth standard and pass in all subjects of 9th standard can appear for board examinations.
15th January 2018, 09:15 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, those who will fail in ninth standard will not be eligible to apply for tenth board examination. You must know that registration for board examination is done in 9th standard.

You must pass ninth standard examination to become eligible for next year board examination.
15th January 2018, 10:19 AM
SandyRockstar
Junior Member+

Don't think too much because this is not going to happen. 9th standard is a home examination class which means everything is controlled and managed by school only. No external body is involved. In most of the cases school pass all their students in home examination because it directly affect school's reputation. In case school decide to fail you then you have to meet with school principal and request for passing you.

And no you cannot give SSC exam privately as if you get fail in 9th standard because 10th standard require pass certificate of 9th class.
15th January 2018, 01:30 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say that, but you can not appear in 10th examination privately or regularly without passing 9th standard from ICSE board. You have to clear your 9th examination to appear in 10th examination.

If you failed in 9th examination then don't worry. you can give 10th examination without any gap through NIOS board. This is also a certified board from Government of India.
15th January 2018, 01:44 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot appear for ICSE 10th standard exam without completing your 9th standard, because candidates who have completed the 9th standard are only eligible to apply for 10th standard exam, whether it is privately or through School exam branch.
15th January 2018, 02:17 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, as per your query there is no such procedure through which you can directly give your 10th exams through private mode because under rule it is that Candidate should have completed and successfully passed 9th standard in order to appear in 10th standard examination. Moreover the board in both the classes should be same.
15th January 2018, 02:20 PM
google girl
Senior Member+

As per I know that aspirants are allowed to write board examination only when they pass 9th examination.
If any aspirant failed in 9th examination then he/she will not be eligible to write 10th board. Passing 9th is an important norm to get promotion.
15th January 2018, 02:33 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

You need to check whether you fulfill given below eligibility criteria for 10th board examination or not.

~~Student should have registered for tenth board exam in 9th board and selection of subjects for 10th board must be done in 9th board.

~~To study tenth standard and then appear for board examination, you must pass in all subjects of 9th standard.

You can not escape ninth standard and appear for 10th board exams.
15th January 2018, 02:40 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can appear in 10th board examination as a private candidate if you have failed in the 9th Standard.

As being a private student there is no need for you to attend the regular classes. Only you have to go to give the exam.

For apply as a private student you need to register yourself as a private student by filling the registration form.

You need to work hard at your home for study. Don't worry you will definitely get the private admission and get success.
15th January 2018, 02:55 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot give 10th exams private if you are failed in 9th standard. If you are failed in 9th standard then you cannot directly appear in a private 10th exams. Because it is under rule that candidate should have passed in 9th standard in order to appear for 10th standard exams.
15th January 2018, 04:09 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Look without passing 9th standard you are not eligible to write 10th examination from any board or from any mode. First of all you have to pass 9th.
You will be promoted after clearing 9th standard only.
In every board it is compulsory to pass 9th. In class 9th you have to go through a registration process that is why you will not be promoted until you pass 9th standard.
15th January 2018, 05:20 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can not give tenth board examination as a private candidate if you fail in ninth board examination.

Only those students who pass in ninth standard can give tenth board examination. You will have to pass ninth standard exams otherwise there is no other option for you.
15th January 2018, 06:06 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No, not at all, without passing standard ninth, there is no possibility for any candidate to appear for tenth board examination.

It is mandatory in any board of education either it is CBSE or NIOS or state board to pass ninth standard then appear for tenth class and appear in board examination next year.
15th January 2018, 06:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You will have to pass in all subjects of ninth standard to become eligible for tenth board examination as a private candidate.

You can not give 10th examination in private if you have failed in 9th standard.
15th January 2018, 09:37 PM
NeptuneSpear

No, you have to clear your class 9th in order to take examination of higher secondary from other boards. There is nothing called "Private Board". Every board is registered with Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) in India. Apart from ICSE, you can switch to CBSE or state boards for your class 10th exams.
12th August 2019, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Can I write 10th class exam after passing
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?