20th June 2016, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

Can I give JEE Main 2017 at the age of 16 years and 6 months?

I will give my 12th class exam in April 2017 and I will be of 16 years and 6 month of my age at that time. Can I give the entrance exam of JEE Main 2017?

20th June 2016, 09:57 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give JEE Main 2017 at the age of 16 years and 6 months?

Age Criteria Required for JEE Main 2017 Examination:

>> You have not mentioned your Date of Birth to analyse exactly. However, I am providing you the age criteria required to appear in JEE Main 2017 Examination.

>> Your date of birth must fall on or after 1st October 1992 if you belong to General categoty and 1st October 1987 if you belong to SC/ ST/ PWD Category.

>> So if you must have been born on or after the above mentioned to that whether you are eligible or not based on the caste category.
20th June 2016, 12:00 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear in JEE Main 2017 examination at the age of 16 years 6 months. The CBSE, Delhi which conducts JEE Main examination has not specified minimum age limit for appearing in JEE Main examination.

JEE Main is a National level entrance examination which is conducted by CBSE, Delhi for offering admissions to interested candidates in Engineering programmes in NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs.

Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2017 examination :-

=> You should have passed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board.

=> The upper age limit to appear in JEE Main examination is 25 years. Upper age relaxation of 5 years is provided to SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates to appear in JEE Main examination.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you will complete 12th standard in 2017 at the age of 16 years 6 months, so, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2017 examination.
20th June 2016, 02:57 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE in 2017. JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is conducted by CBSE and IIT for admission of candidates in engineering courses.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidate must have PCM as main paper with minimum 50% in board examination.

The maximum age limit to appear for examination is 25 years +5 years relaxation in upper for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination.
20th June 2016, 03:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance examination. The eligibility criteria for JEE Main examination is that candidate must have passed 10+2 or appearing for board examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. If you are appearing for board exam of 10+2 then you can appear for JEE exam even if you are only 16 years and 6 month next year. Upper age limit for exam is 25 years.

Candidate must have minimum of 50% marks in board exam to be eligible for admission in engineering. The second stage of JEE exam is JEE Advanced for which minimum of 75% marks is required. There are three consecutive attempts for JEE Main exam and two for JEE Advanced.
20th June 2016, 04:09 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

For appearing in JEE main 2017, your 'date of birth' must be on or after first October, 1992. Therefore you can definitely appear in the JEE mains at this age. The basic eligibility for appearing in 'JEE mains 2017' is that you must have to qualify your intermediate from any well affiliated board with PCM as the main subjects.
20th June 2016, 05:47 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is an engineering entrance examination held once every year by CBSE for selection of students for their undergraduate technical courses from top government engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM and other CFTIs.

JEE is held in two phases which includes JEE Main and JEE Advance.

--> Since you will be appearing in your Class 12th board examination and JEE Main in around April 2017 i.e; at the age of 16 years and 6 months then you are eligible for appearing in the same examination on the basis of your age criteria as for appearing in JEE Main 2017 a candidate born after 1st October 1992 is allowed ( in case of SC/ST candidates, a candidate born after 1st October 1987 are also allowed ).

--> But on the educational qualification prospective to be eligible for the same examination you must complete your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects and at least 60% aggregate in the same. Marks relaxation of 10% is applicable for reserved category candidates.

For further details about JEE you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
20th June 2016, 09:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with PCM stream from a recognised board. There is no specific minimum age limit required to appear in JEE Main examination but, the maximum age limit is 25 years for General Category candidates and 30 years for SC/ST category candidates. As there is no specific age limit required to appear in JEE Main examination, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2017 at the age of 16 years 6 months after completion of your 12th standard.
20th June 2016, 09:04 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You will appear in 12th board exams in April 2017 and at that time your age will be 16 years and 6 months. You are interested to know about whether you are eligible for JEE Main exam in 2017 or not. Yes, definitely you are eligible for JEE Main exam in 2017.

Educational qualification: Student must pass their class 12th exam or equivalent from a recognized board.

Age Limit: The minimum age limit is 15 years. You will cross this minimum age limit in 2017. So you will definitely eligible for JEE Main exam.

>>So in my opinion there is no need to bother about the eligibility. You have to focus on your board exams and prepare it well.
20th June 2016, 10:06 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) which is a common entrance examination held for admission in B.tech/ B.Arch./ B.Plan.courses in Centrally funded Institutes of engineering like IIT, NIT, etc. . The examination is organised in two stages which are known as JEE Main and JEE Advance.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as following :-

* You must be a citizen of India.

* You must have either completed your Class 12th or must be in the qualifying year of same with PCM group with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized board. Relaxation of 10% marks in qualifying examination is applicable for SC/ST candidates.

* Your age must be under 25 years till the 1st of October that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Upper age limit relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC/ST candidates.

So being 16 years and 6 month old at the time of JEE Main examination so satisfy the age criteria for the same and hence you are eligible for same examination on the basis of age criteria.

For more details please visit the official website of JEE i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
20th June 2016, 11:09 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum age limit for Joint Entrance examination conducted for admission in different engineering colleges of India. Only criteria is that you should have passed or appearing for 12th board exams then you can apply for JEE Main at this age also.

Since you will give your 12th board exams in April, 2017 and so, you can apply for JEE Main 2017. You must study Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to apply for this exam and minimum percentage requirement is 50%.
20th June 2016, 11:48 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE examination in 2017.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board. Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, you can appear for examination next year. There is no minimum age limit to appear for examination but the maximum age limit to appear for examination is 25 years.

For more information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?