26th July 2010, 06:37 PM
MUKESHK.K4

Can I go for Animation after BCA ?

can i go for Animation after BCA? Because my programming is weak in BCA so I don't want to do MCA. But i am not creative mind. is Animation suitable for me ? I want to do Animation because it's demand is large today.
Give me the best suggestion.... or email me... as soon as possible.....

Thanks.

1st August 2010, 04:38 AM
sanjusays

Default Re: Can I go for Animation after BCA ?

You can definitely go for animation but first you need to think about
1. Are you really interested in doing animation ?
2. Animation requires a lot of creative work...Do u have that creativity in you ?

Dont do any course just for the sake of doing it or if others are doing it or if there is demand for that course...Do it only when you feel you can give your best in that course and do justice to your potential....
1st August 2010, 12:11 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend yeah you can do animation as you said yeah its growing much in india....you need to have creative mind ,drawing skill, advance moving talent etc... but without this also many do learn in the institute....so you can but you need to work hard....

regards
azhar
1st August 2010, 01:41 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Career in Animation

Animation industry in India is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 27% to reach USD 1163 million by 2012. (NASSCOM)

Generally people think Animation leads to Gaming and Cartoon etc. But apart from them Animation industry also includes entertainment, E-education, web designing visual communication, medical and defense. (For more details you can check HERE

A) Gaming

Basically Gmaing Industry in India has following options for exploring career till now. As there may be some more oppurtunities in coming time because of Growth of it in Indian market.

1) Game Designer: As we know the whole look and funs depends on Game Design, this part of work is much important. Creating concept of thegame and transforming the same is the main work for Designers. This part of work requires very creative and technology upto date mind.

This part has mainly three aspects.
i) Senior Level Designer.
ii) Level/Junior Desgner.
iii) Animator.

i) ) Senior Level Designer: It has greater part of work. Aperson with such designation, will be responsible for understanding the company/client need and according to that will Conceptualize the whole Design and matter of the game and will forward the work to Level/Junior Desgner.

ii) Level/Junior Desgner: Job of the person will be to work on the guidelines and the concept of Senior Level Designer.

iii) Animator: Person here have varios work to handle including Artist and programmer also sometimes. He will be reponsible for the creation of the Whole charecter required in that Game.

Then comes the greater part of work.

2) Game Programmer

This has mainly 4 types in it.

a)Programmer
b) Network Programmer
c)Graphics Programmer
d) Audio Programmer.

a)Programmer : has main part of job here. And genarally Engineers with high level of proficiency are found here, because thing like- Artificial intelligence etc. are used here which can be perform by Computer engineers.

b) Network Programmer: This part of work os also for Engineers, but some having good command over C. C++ can lead here. And BCA, MCA graduate are genarally found her.

c)Graphics Programmer:
This part of job is very enjoying one and are in great demand, apart from Animation industry also. Needs very good Taste and creativeness.

d) Audio Programmer: All the sound effects and music work are carried out by the person here. Here also little programming is required specially in C++.

3) Game Producer

I has mainly 2 parts.

a) Game Producer
b) Quality Assurance.

a) Game Producer: Nothing much, person here will e responsible for estimating cost and to check the functioning of everyone above mentioned.

b) Quality Assurance:
Like a HR. It will be responsible for checking the things required and providing them on time. And to take care that client is getting master piec of work.

Salary: Well more then 330 Companies are there in India in Animation industry.The above mentioned are a few of the roles played by an animation/ multimedia professional in the various segments of the audio-visual industry. Remuneration in any of these fields will be in the rang of RS. 10, 000 to RS 15,000 for beginners and can go up to RS 50, 000 per month depending upon experience and even more for Graphic Designers, and Programmers and QA team. Sky in the limit if one is an entrepreneur.

B) Other then Gaming

Graphic Designer
Visualizer
2D Animator
Story board artist
Layout Artist
CBT Developer
Web Designer
Special Effect Designer
Compositor
Text & Lighting Arstist
ETC>

Among them Being a BCA strudent Graphic Designing and Web Developing are best options for you.

Graphic Designer:
A graphic designer plays a significant role in publishing houses like Newspapers, magazines, television, various corporate houses for designing in house publicity as well as designing corporate presentations, website, Television, Advertizement etc. Even apparel designing companies need graphic designers. One of my brother's friend is a Graphic Designer with IBM Denmark. His salary is 1.5 Lacs/Month.

Web Designer:
The role of web designer involves conceptualization, planning, modeling and execution of electronic media delivery by means of internet, that is designing a website or internet site. Web designers need to have sound technical knowledge of multimedia tools like- graphics and animation tool, HTML/XML authority, interactive items through flash, java script programming. The artist need to be trained in scripting languages like- Perl, ASP, JSP etc.

And being a BCA Graduate you are already studing these subjects, so wont think you have to face mush difficulties.

So, just thik before acting or selecting the right one for you.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Last edited by faiyaz; 1st August 2010 at 01:49 PM.
1st August 2010, 01:55 PM
ravi6

ANIMATION IS VERY BEST OPTION.ANIMATION INCLUDE ENTERTAINMENT,WEB-DESINING ETC.IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO DO PROGRAMING AND TAKE INTEREST IN ANIMATION FIELD THEN, ACC. TO ME YOU GO IN ANIMATION FIELD. ANIMATION IS LARGE FIELD IN THE WORLD.ALSO, THIS IS VERY INTERESTING FIELD.YOU PLACED IN DIFFERENT COMPANIES AS WEB-DESINER,PROGRAMMER ETC. SO YOU GO IN ANIMATION FIELD WITH CONFIDENCE.

REGARDS
ravi6
1st August 2010, 03:18 PM
rohit_k

dear sir
you can do animation after bca. because animation is a great opportunity in india and aboard also so you can prefer this field.
1st August 2010, 03:36 PM
love_star

Location: 128/939 Y Block, Kidwai Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh

yes you can go for animation yes its BCA . now you can do certificate or diploma program and yes NID ahmedabad offers pg program in animation. you can check some websites of good collges like 1.www.nid.edu , 2.www.picasso.co.in, 3. www.aag.edu.in
1st August 2010, 03:50 PM
rajanivedha

ya you can join in the animation course... if you wish to pursue this course just join and excel in your path....in BCA i think you would have done some basics regarding animation so go for it
1st August 2010, 04:11 PM
yashaswini t s

Smile Re: Can I go for Animation after BCA ?

yes mukesh you can do, as it is an evergreen course...................
its one of the developing feild, to know more about the institutes offering animatiion you can refer the website,http://tinyurl.com/yl9bfu and
www.arena-multimedia.com
1st August 2010, 04:20 PM
mohit yadav narnaul

Yes you can go for animation,but i give advise to you that why you can not take interest in bca. If you take interest in your course than i think you can do your best and get job opp. In future.so motivate yourself and do it.
1st August 2010, 04:22 PM
sampat

hi,
u r doing your bca than your main aim is to good in programming. because a animation is very different task.
and it is not related to programming.after complete your bca
a mca also have many programming subject.& if u r going for interview as the base of mca than u r select as a programmer. so my advise to become a good programmer.
if your interest to going in animation than u can join a animation course from good institution as a part time.
but do not make a effect on your bca studies & programming.
1st August 2010, 05:46 PM
Rickers

Hello,

Ye you definitely go for animation field after your BCA degree. you can do your master degree in animation as well as graphics designing.
There are many institutes in india where you can take admission in your choice of interest.
arena is the leading animation institute and company, you can also apply in this institute.

thank you.
1st August 2010, 06:05 PM
mayankkaushik02

yes, you can go for animation after BCA.
Animation is the one of the Best course in computers line.

you can also go for 3D animation and gaming.
In these courses you will get the best salery packages also.

But only 1 disadvantage is that you have to do lots of hard work, in this you get your benefits on your with your work.
The more time you spent, the more you will get.

College Name Fees (Rs,Lakh) Type City Detail
« Start Prev 1 2 3 4 Next End »
5 Gates Multimedia Solutions 2 Private Indore Detail
Afa-Animation & Fine Arts Academy 2 Private Coimbatore Detail
Ah Graphic Studios 2 Private Chennai Detail
ALB Multimedia, Computer Training Centre 2 Private Chennai Detail
Ambitious Enterainment 2 Private Pune Detail
ANiFRAMES - School of Animation & VFX Private Bangalore Detail
ANiFRAMES - School of Animation & VFX - MYSORE Private Mysore Detail
Animagicks 2 Private Bangalore Detail
Animaster 2 Private Bangalore Detail
Animaster : Animation Varsity 2 Private Bangalore Detail
Animaster Ahmedabad 2 Private Ahmedabad Detail
Animaster Chandigarh 2 Private Chandigarh Detail
Animaster Erode 2 Private Erode Detail
Animaster Jaya Nagar Bangalore 2 Private Bangalore Detail
Animaster Preet Vihar Delhi 2 Private South Delhi Detail
Animaster Tpl Road Mysore 2 Private Mysore Detail
Animaster Vikas Marg Delhi 2 Private East Delhi Detail
Anitoons Productions 2 Private South Delhi Detail
Ants-Animation Training School 2 Private Bangalore Detail
Apeejay Institute Of Design 2 Private Central Delhi Detail
Apollo Computer Education Ltd 2 Private Chennai Detail
Arena Animation 2 Private Mumbai Detail
Arena Animation - Park Street 2 Private Kolkata Detail
Arena Multimedia 105 Park Street Kolkata 2 Private Kolkata Detail
Arena Multimedia Academy 2 Private Chandigarh Detail
Arena Multimedia Bangalore 2 Private Bangalore Detail
Arena Multimedia Chennai 2 Private Chennai Detail
Arena Multimedia Hyderabad 2 Private Hyderabad Detail
Arena Multimedia Kolkata 2 Private Kolkata Detail
Aries Animations 2 Private Thrissur Detail
Artlaeb College Of Design & Communication 2 Private Chennai Detail
Blue Iris Advance Cinematics Pvt. Ltd. 2 Private Kolkata Detail
Boom Multimedia Junction 2 Private Bhopal Detail
Brainware Dwarka Delhi 2 Private South West Delhi Detail
Brainware Rajouri Garden Delhi 2 Private South Delhi Detail
Brainware Saket Delhi 2 Private South Delhi Detail
Brainware Vikas Puri Delhi 2 Private South Delhi Detail
Cause And Effect Entert Ainment Pvt Ltd. 2 Private Chennai Detail
Color Chips India Ltd. 2 Private Hyderabad Detail
Creative Burist 2 Private Pune Detail
Creative Media Plus Multimedia 2 Private Bangalore Detail
Creative-I College 2 Private Pune Detail
CSC Computer Education Private Limited 2 Private Chennai Detail
Cys Multimedia 2 Private Chennai Detail
Deft Computers 2 Private Bhopal Detail
Design Studio 6 2 Private Hyderabad Detail
Digital Art Media 2 Private Bangalore Detail
Digital Magic Visulas (I) Ltd Vfx 2 Private Chennai Detail
Digkore Studios Limited 2 Private Pune Detail
Don Bosco Institute Of Graphic Arts Commmunication Technology
1st August 2010, 06:41 PM
Ravi Khera

Dear friend,you can choose animation as an option but find out your strengths if you are not very much creative as required in the animation field.
Try software testing and options which may not require very much programming and creativity.
Try to find your strengths first and then decide about your future.
you can choose fields like:
Gaming
Software testing
Internet security etc..
1st August 2010, 06:45 PM
avinash_swnt08@rediffmail

Yes, obiously you can go animation after B.C.A.
If you have good skill in animation so you can go to animation.
1st August 2010, 08:11 PM

creativity is need of animation.because this requires new ideas,for example
to make new characters u have to imagine them and then make them to work.and in my view you should not do any work which is in demand.do that which u demand and while working you enjoy that.
1st August 2010, 08:22 PM
rani kumari

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUKESHK.K4 View Post
can i go for Animation after BCA? Because my programming is weak in BCA so I don't want to do MCA. But i am not creative mind. is Animation suitable for me ? I want to do Animation because it's demand is large today.

Thanks.
yes why not ? if you want to do somthing then do .please do not thought that your mind is not a creative mind . because there is will , there is a way. ok so do it
15th August 2010, 01:16 AM
Sathishkannan

Animation is one of the fast developing field since graphics desiger are needed more and lot other related jobs.
15th August 2010, 02:14 AM
Sathishkannan

You can do animation after the BCA since it is a better field for good job opportunities.
15th August 2010, 02:18 AM
Sathishkannan

Since animation is one of the better job providing field you have a bright future.
15th August 2010, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

I'm in BCA final yr n want 2 knw'bout graphics designing..I'm actually confused wat 2 take o'wat not..so would like 2 knw'bout graphics designing in detail...please help me out...
15th August 2010, 02:21 AM
Sathishkannan

Animation is one of the job providing area since computer field are developing.
25th August 2010, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

hi, i am pursuing my bca and i want to make my career as a game programmer can i do any gaming course or post graduation in gaming after pursuing my bca
26th August 2010, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

I am in B.C.A final.please guide me what should i have to do after B.C.A .I have not any interest in programming i cant be a good programmer but i will be a good designer please guide me what course i have to join
26th August 2010, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

I am in B.C.A final.please guide me what should i have to do after B.C.A .I have not any interest in programming i cant be a good programmer but i will be a good designer please guide me what course i have to join ??
27th August 2010, 01:23 PM
sanjusays

If you are a good designer you can opt for website designing or designing in general....You dont need to do any course specifically for that...You can learn it yourself by using adobe photoshop....When you become skilled by practice you can approach companies for deigning related works....There is a shortage of good quality deigners in industry currently.....
28th August 2010, 01:01 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I go for Animation after BCA ?

dear friend..........

obhiously you can go for animation course.but you are saying that your mind is

not creative then you have to workhard in animation....

put in your interest in animation.then you will get a good job....

best of luck..
28th August 2010, 01:39 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Animation is an exciting field and you can join the course after BCA if you are really interested.Dont do the course just because it has great demand. Identify your area of interest. The candidates have to be creative and innovative if they want to achieve success in this field. If you work hard and improve your innovative skills you can opt for the course.
29th August 2010, 05:55 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
Yes off coarse you can go for the animation after the BSC..Animation actually applies it's concepts in Gaming and Cartoon etc.

But apart from these Animation also includes entertainment, E-education, web designing visual communication, medical and defense.....and lots more like this.....

So Animation is going to be very good career for you if you really think that animation is your passion...

So you can take admission in any of the Institution that provides Animation,it will be 6 month course....

Best Wishes

~Regards
Subhasish
15th September 2010, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

now my bca is complete and i want to do the computer course through which i can stand in any IT field. now i m doing PGDIT(Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology) through distance learning from symbiosis so i just wanna use my invest my time in computer course nd i also hav some option to do like java, .net and software testing but litle confussen that what course should i select. so plz sugges me the better course for me....... plz i really need it.........

~~~~~~~~~
TANVI
15th September 2010, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

hi,
I am Ankitha doing final yr BCA.. i am not a good programmer but love animation and creative at drawing.. is animation a good option for my future.. i can and will work hard for the best chracter designing ever.. if animation is a good option for me then which institution and which software designing do i have to take up?! plz suggest me good solution..
16th September 2010, 12:15 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

after BCA obviously you may go for animation. present it's a very good course.

but for animation technology you should be creative in mind. but you are not creative. so to be creative try to draw pictures of various things. try to draw some picture from your mind then judge it how much nice that are. in this way you may become creative.

as you have attraction in the animation field then do not miss it. go for animation technology. surely you will be succeed in this field.
16th September 2010, 12:22 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

of course you can go for ANIMATION after BCA.

the course duration is 6 months also you can do course for more time than that.

it is a good field to work . there is a huge and great demand in these sector.

you can also study

computer graphics

multimedia

ALL THE BEST
15th October 2010, 11:28 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

As you said that you have not creative mind, if it is true then you have to think before getting into animation line. Because it require not only creativity but also an independent thinking and approach.
However one should build all of these by entering into the course . Since you are not interested into MCA then you should try for it. You are eligible for PG course in animation and cartoon making but there are rare institutes which offer this degree, some of them are:
•Zee Institute of Creative Arts (ZICA)
•Industrial Design Center (IDC), IIT - Mumbai & Guwahati
•Academy of Animation and Gaming
•National Institute of Design (NID, Ahmedabad)
•J.J School of Arts
15th November 2010, 09:18 PM
malini k

Dear friend,
I am sorry to say that if you have no creative mind ,then don't go for animation because if you can't perform well in the profession you will be a flop in the career
For a good animator, you must have a creative mind and you have to work so hard
Even though the demand is high , the job providers are looking for talented persons ,if you are not creative ,then you can't shine in that
Since your programming is weak don't go for MCA also
I think you have to realize your own interest first, then only you can succeed in your career
So first of all, realize your talents and nurture them ,then make it as your profession and then you can enjoy your job and you will never fail in that career
Good luck friend
16th November 2010, 02:54 PM
104sri

Quote:

Thanks.
hi
dear
You can definitely go for animation

Animation requires a lot of creative work

Do it only when you feel you can give your best in that course and do justice to your potential....
16th November 2010, 07:19 PM
beerpotego

Quote:

Thanks.
if u have interest in animation you can do it , coz after bca u are getting bored
17th November 2010, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

Yes, Offcourse You Can Do B.sc Multimedia Course Which Includes Basic To Advanced Animation. Join Arena Animation AAASP Course Which Is About 3 Years You Will Get An B.sc Degree From Manonmanium University.
17th November 2010, 09:34 AM
neethubobby

hey u can surely select animation after doing your BCA. infact its one of the blooming fields.
all the very best
17th November 2010, 11:09 AM
sgsandhyadhas

Ofcourse you can proceed with ur idea...you can do animation course anytime. onlything is ur involvement is very much necessary in anything u do. u can also do a P.G course in addition to ur animation courses if u like
1st December 2010, 03:21 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
yes,you can surely select animation after doing your BCA.

good luck
26th January 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

hey i m pursuing bca but i am nt as good in programming so can i go for animation course...???
24th February 2011, 05:26 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

Yes you are eligible for the animation course after your BCA. A student can apply for the animation course after the 10+2.

If you have really interest in doing animation course then its a good choice because there is a great demand of animation course in India now days. Since the markets of India in the field of animation are in boom these days so doing animation course is a good choice.

There are lots of institutes in Indian which provides diploma courses in animation, some of the institutes are listed below:

Global School of Animation & Games,White House, NBCC Plaza Sector - V, Pushp Vihar Saket, New Delhi - 110 017
National Institute of Design (NID, Ahmedabad)
J.J School of Arts
Zee Institute of Creative Arts (ZICA)
Industrial Design Center (IDC), IIT - Mumbai & Guwahati
Academy of Animation and Gaming

So you choose any of the above institute for your animation course.

GOOD LUCK
17th March 2011, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

i have the interest in programing.i m bca student.but i haven't more knowledge about programing.so please suggest me what i should do after bca.
29th March 2011, 01:29 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
You can definitely go for animation but first you need to think about
1. Are you really interested in doing animation ?
2. Animation requires a lot of creative work...Do u have that creativity in you ?

Dont do any course just for the sake of doing it or if others are doing it or if there is demand for that course...Do it only when you feel you can give your best in that course and do justice to your potential....
Thanks
29th March 2011, 10:49 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Yes, of course you can do a course in animation. Any graduate preferably arts graduate could apply for Post Graduation in animation.

But to pursue a career in animation you should have an artistic bent of mind with a lot of passion and imaginative skills. What makes to go a long way in making a good animation is a good sense of colour, proportion, size , design etc.

If you have these skills then you should do PG course in animation. Animation is a booming industry with wide job openings and one can work on full length animation movies or any other related fields like television, advertising industry etc
11th April 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

HAI.. i am SETHU finished bca but i am not interest in programming but i am interest in multimedia and drawing. what can i do...please give an good solution for me.
17th April 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

I am going to finish my BCA degree .can i go for Animation after BCA? But i am weak in programming and i am intrested in animation in 2D and 3D can i do PG ? if so please suggest me which course i can go for it
17th April 2011, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

I am going to finish my BCA degree .can i go for Animation after BCA? But i am weak in programming and i am intrested in animation in 2D and 3D and can i do PG degree ? if so please suggest me which course to study
24th April 2011, 03:28 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible for applying for Animation course.
the eligibility criteria is passed 12th class which you done.
So you are eligible for Animation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?