31st July 2012, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Air Force after completion of BE in Aeronautical Engineering?

can i join airforce after B.E. in aeronautical engineering & after joining airforce can i do M.TEC. in aero.eng.?

Related Questions:
  1. Do I have to choose Aeronautical engineering to join Indian air force?
  2. How can I get a job in Indian Air Force after doing Aeronautical Engineering
  3. How can I join NASA after Aeronautical Engineering? What is the eligibility? Can we join NASA directly after completing Aeronautical Engineering from Pakistan Air Force?
  4. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  5. How to join Air Force to become an Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering
  6. How to join Indian Air Force just after completion of Graduation? -- [New]
  7. How to join Indian Air Force after completion of diploma in computer engineering
  8. How to join for air force as flying officer after btech?
  9. How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  10. Can I join Air Force after completion of 12th class with Maths?
  11. How to join Aeronautical engineering after completing 12th with 80%
  12. Can I join Army, Air Force and Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
  13. How to join Air Force, Navy and Army after completion of 12th Class with Commerce?
  14. Can I join Air Force after my bachelor degree? I am doing B.E Aeronautical
  15. Required Eligibility criteria to join Air Force after completion of B.Tech in ECE stream?
  16. How can I join Indian Air Force as an officer after completing aeronautical engineering?
  17. How can I join Air force after completion of my B.Tech course
  18. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
31st July 2012, 05:42 PM
padmasree253

Default Re: Can I join Air Force after completion of BE in Aeronautical Engineering?

You can join IAF from two ways:

1.CDS
2.AFCAT

ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA

FOR CDS EXAM:candidate must be graduate from any stream from a recognised university.

FOR AFCAT EXAM:Candidate must have passed graduation and apply for FLYING BRANCH, TECHNICAL BRANCH,GROUND DUTY BRANCH.

AGE LIMIT

Candidate age must be lies in between 19-23 for AFCAT
and 19-25 for CDS.

For more information you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
31st July 2012, 05:46 PM
karthik.mm
Member+

Default Re: Can I join Air Force after completion of BE in Aeronautical Engineering?

To be AIRMEN

How to apply:

Information regarding Scheduled Test is advertised in the leading National Dailies and Rozgar Samachar/Employment New as and when the schedule is announced.

Information regarding Recruitment Rallies is published in prominent local news papers as and when they are planned in certain areas.
Recruitment Rallies are meant for selection of candidates from a particular geographical location only. Hence, one is required to be domicile of that area.

Subjects and syllabus for each stream are given in the OFFICIAL website.

AGE AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION CRITERIA to be AIRMEN

Group 'X': 17 - 22 Years :
Candidates should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2 with pass marks in Mathematics and Physics with a minimum of 50% marks in overall aggregate.
OR
Should have passed a 3 year Diploma course in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/Automobile/Computer Science/ Instrumentation Technology/ Information Technology) with at least 50% marks from a Govt. recognized Polytechnic Institute.
Eligible trades:Technical Trades

Group 'Y' : 17 -22 Years :
Candidates should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2 with science, arts, commerce subjects or equivalent vocational courses with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. Vocational courses conducted by CBSE and Kerala Board recognised by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) only are eligible.
Eligible trades: All Group 'Y' Trades (Except Musician Trade)

Group 'Z' : 17-25 Years :
Passed Matriculation/ 10th class passed or equivalent with minimum pass marks from any Govt recognized school/Boards, should be between 17-25 years of age and should be proficient in playing at least one musical instrument of the following:
Trumpet /Bass/ Violin/ Saxophone/ Clarinet/ Euphonium /Jass-Drum/ Piccolo/Bass Trombone/ Key Board/ Guitar/ Sarod/ Viola/ Cello/ Contra Bass (String Bass).
Eligible trades: Musician Trade

To be in the National Defence Academy
You can join NDA by taking the exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
This exam is conducted twice a year in all major cities throughout India.

How to apply:

You start by sending your application.

Watch out for the advertisement inviting applications in the leading newspapers and the Employment News.
After you spot the relevant ad, you send your application in the format mentioned in the advertisement, before the last date of receiving of application.

Eligibility Criteria
To join the NDA you need to fulfil the following requirements:

16 ½ to 19 years At the time of commencement of training.

Nationality
Indian

Educational Qualifications
You should have passed your 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics. Final year students can also apply.
For Army wing:-
The candidate must have complete the 12th with 60% marks.

For Navy:-
The candidate must have complete the 12th with physics , chemistry , mathematics with 60% marks.

For Air force:-
The candidate must have complete the 12th with physics , mathematics.

Advertisemet Schedule
March and October every year( Advertisement released by UPSC).

And you can Do Mtech Correspondence at IGNOU,while working at AIRFORCE.

All the best!!
30th December 2012, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

i m in std 10 and wish to join IAF as aeronatical eng. plz guide me
30th December 2012, 11:56 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Can I join Air Force after completion of BE in Aeronautical Engineering?

Hi,

ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA :

To join air force you must crack CDS exam.
CDS stands for Combined Defence Service.

Candidate must be graduate from any stream from a recognised university.

Candidate age must be 19-25 for CDS.

For details....
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Cool....
31st December 2012, 09:58 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Air Force after B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering through CDS and AFCAT.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligible candidate aspiring to join Indian Air Force, must be an Indian unmarried male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 23 years with good Physical and Mental health.

AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Air Force for selection of officers for its Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried male having completed Graduation with 60% from a recogised University within the age of 20 to 23 years for Technical branch.

The selection is through written exam folllowed by personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test for both CDS and AFCAT.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in AND http://www.careerairforce.nic.in
31st December 2012, 03:31 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yeah you are eligible for Indian Airforce. A BE completed candidate can eligible for Airforce. There are two ways for you
1). CDS(Combined Defence Service),

2). AFCAT(Airforce Common Admission Test).

Eligibility details about CDS exam:-

The candidate should be complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university.

You must be a citizen of INDIA.

There is no percentege restrictions to appear this exam.

Age criteria for CDS:-

For Naval academy--> 19 to 22Years,

For Officer Training Academy--> 19 to 25 years,

For Airforce academy--> 19 to 23 years,

For Military academy--> 19 to 24years.

Selection process:-

Written test,

Personal interview,

Medical test.

Pattern of exam:-

[IMG][/IMG]

For more informationtCLICK HERE

AFCAT Exam details:-

All the best
31st December 2012, 04:12 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Air Force after completion of BE in Aeronautical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i join airforce after B.E. in aeronautical engineering & after joining airforce can i do M.TEC. in aero.eng.?

hi friend,

yes, off course you are eligible for indian air force..........

you have most completed your 12th Science from Recognized board........

Only Unmarried Male can apply for it........

Age of candidate must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years..........

A candidate must have a citizenship of INDIA..........

wish you,
all the best..........
1st January 2013, 07:08 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes you can join Indian Air Force after completing your B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering.

You can do this through the Combined Defense Services Examination.

Combined Defense Services Examination is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

The Qualifications Required for Combined Defense Services Examination :

a) Educational Qualifications : Graduation from any recognized college/university.

b) Age Limit : 18-24 years.

c) Nationality : Indian

d) Physical Standards :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
27th March 2013, 05:20 PM
Annu 4

HELLO SIR -*-*-*-*-*-*-

YES !!!!!!! you are eligible for Indian Airforce. A BE completed candidate can eligible for Airforce.

There are two Exam for you
1)CDS(Combined Defence Service),

2)AFCAT(Airforce Common Admission Test).

Eligibility details about CDS exam:-The candidate should be complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university.

You must be a citizen of INDIA.

There is no percentege restrictions to appear this exam.

Age criteria for CDS:-
For Naval academy 19 to 22Years,
For Officer Training Academy 19 to 25 years,
For Airforce academy 19 to 23 years,
For Military academy 19 to 24years.

ALL THE BEST *-*--*-*-*-*
6th April 2013, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

hiii..Sir
I'm 3rd year(6th sem) student of BE (information technology) student
can i join the IAF after this???
pls inform me on my e-mail([email protected])
thank you
4th May 2013, 10:49 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes your eligible for Indian Airforce Academy After Completing your Engineering course .. You may Join in Indian Airforce through CDS Entrance Examination ..

No 12th Qualification need for CDS Entrance Examination, So after Completing your engineering your eligible for Indian Airforce Academy through CDS Entrance Examination ..

Bachelor degree in science stream and Engineering course candidates are eligible for Indian Airforce Wing in CDS Entrance Examination ..

CDS Means ( Combined Defence Service Examination ). The Candidate who aspiring to Join in Defence Wings like Army, Aiforce,Navy ,Officer Training Academy ,, then the candidate need to appear in CDS Entrance Examination .. UPSC Conducts CDS Entrance Examination for every twice in year .

Criteria for Indian Arforce through CDS Examination :-

~~ B.Tech/B.E/B.sc Course from recognized university and Every Candidate should Not Physics and Mathematics subject is Mandatory for Indian Aiforce ..

~~ Final year candidate of Bachelor degree course can also eligible for this Examination ..

~~ 19 Years to 23 years is Age Criteria to Join in Indian Airforce Wing ..

~~ Physical and Medical Fitness is Essential to apply for Indian Airforce Wing .

So, After Completing your Engineering course your applicable for Indian Airforce Wing through CDS Entrance Examination ..
8th May 2013, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

can I can IAF in the techanical branch after completion B-tech in electronics and communication branch?
16th June 2013, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

how can i join indian airforce? I am also computer engg.and how to selection for job?
16th November 2013, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I join INDIAN AIR FORCE as a Air man after completion in Automobile Engineering? Is there any provision to do so while B.E. per suing?
2nd March 2020, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Are females not eligible to get into IAF?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?