9th September 2012, 10:27 PM
akima

Can I join B.Ed course after completion of BA in Economics?

can i join B.Ed after completing B.A Eceonomics

10th September 2012, 02:30 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I join B.Ed course after completion of BA in Economics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
can i join B.Ed after completing B.A Eceonomics
Yes, definitely being an B.A candidate your eligible to apply for B.Ed Course . But you have Not mention your Percentage which you have gained in BA Course .

If your score 50% Percentage of marks in your Bachelor degree Course then surely your eligible for B.Ed Course . The Minimum Percentage of marks differ from College to College . But Most of the Colleges requires Minimum 45% Percentage of marks .

B.Ed Stands for Bachelor of Education and the duration of the Course is for 1 year . The Course is divided into two semester .

Eligibility Criteria for B.Ed Course :-

Graduation is basic Academic Qualification to apply for B.Ed Course . The candidate who Complete Bachelor degree Course are eligible to apply for B.Ed Course . The Applicant require to score Minimum 45% to 50% Percentage of marks . The relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates for 5% Percentage of marks .

There is specific Age limit for this B.Ed Course , Any candidate who Complete Bachelor degree Course are eligible to apply for this B.Ed Course .

The Admission for this B.Ed Course is based on the Entrance Examination performance which is conducted by the Institution . Every Institution / Universities may conduct entrance examination within the College based ont he Entrance Examination . The University may allot admission for the candidate .

I have Mention few Institution / University which conduct own entrance examination within the College .

B.Ed Entrance Examinations :-
  • Mumbai University Entrance Examination
  • Delhi University Entrance Examination
  • Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Examination
  • Kanpur University Entrance Examination

Books for B.Ed Entrance Examination :-

Best B.Ed Institutions /Universities in India :-
  • College of Education
  • Instiute of Advenced Studies In Education
  • Baihata Chariali B.Ed College
  • Acharya Nagarjuna University
  • Biswanath College of Education
  • National Teachers Training College
  • Sri Saraswathi College of education
  • Al Ameen College of Education
  • Department of education

17th September 2012, 09:08 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hiii...!!!

-->For Last few days , we are getting number of queries from students and their parents asking Eligibility Criteria For ipu B.Ed Course . Please Read Guideline before filling up B.ed form . As Last year many Students Fill form without Reading criteria and Later their Admission was cancelled inspite of clearing the CET .

For Graduates:-

(a) Candidates having passed Bachelor's degree in humanities and social sciences with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university and having studied any one of the following subjects:
* English
* Hindi
* Sanskrit
* Urdu
* Mathematics
* Social Science

Note:
(1) The candidate must have passed at least two subjects out of the list of the teaching subjects (Please see Appendix 2). These two subjects should be
available as teaching subjects in the institute / college in which the candidate seeks to take admission.

(2) The candidate who has studied either Civics (Political Science) or History or Geography or Economics will be eligible to take Social Science as one of the teaching subject;

(3) The second teaching subject can be chosen either from the main subjects or subsidiary subjects passed by the candidate at the graduation level or at 12th level.

(4) The B.Com students shall not be given Commerce/Business Studies/Accountancy/Economics as teaching subjects as these subjects are not taught at the elementary and secondary level in schools.

(b) Candidates having passed Bachelor's degree in Basic Sciences with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university and having

studied any one of the following subjects:
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Mathematics
* Biology
* Botany
* Zoology
* Life Science

(c) Graduate candidates must have 50% marks in the teaching subjects chosen for the school teaching methodology.
Graduate and P.G. degree/Diploma Food Technology/CA/CS/Fashion Technology as are not taught at school level so are not eligible for B.Ed.

(d) For B.A.(H) / B.Sc.(H) students 50% marks in aggregate are required in their main exam (excluding the qualifying subject) and 45% in the subsidiary are mandatory.

Note:
(i) The candidate must have passed at least two subjects out of the list of the teaching subjects (Please see Appendix-2). These two subjects should be available as teaching subjects in the institute/college in which the candidates seeks to take admission

(ii) The candidate who has passed a paper either in
Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Botany/Zoology/Life Science will be eligible to take Integrated Science as one of the teaching subjects.

(iii) The candidates having done B.Tech, M.Tech.,B.Lib. M.Lib., B.A. (Vocational), BJMC/MJMC/B.Pharma./BCA/ MCA/BBA/ MBA/PGDBM/BPT/MPT/BHMCT/MBBS/BHMS/B.Arch./LLB/LLM and any other
technical degree which does not come under Conventional School System* are not eligible for theB.Ed. programme.
* Conventional School System with reference to clause (iii) above refers to the subjects which are taught at the elementary, secondary and senior secondary stage in schools.
The candidates whose subjects do not come under
the purview of the conventional subjects' scheme
such as Electronics/Instrumentation/Bio-informatics/
Business Economics/Radiology/Nursing/Tourism/
Advertising etc. are not eligible to apply for the B.Ed.
Programme.

If a candidate having any of these degrees applies for Common Entrance Test for B.Ed programme, he/she will not be allowed to appear in the test and if by default, he/she appears in the test, the admission will not be granted to such a candidate.
(
iv) For Post Graduate candidates having done post graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university and having studied any one of the following:

* English
* Hindi
* Sanskrit
* Mathematics
* Social Science
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Mathematics
* Biology
* Botany
* Zoology
* Life Science
* Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Biophysics/Bioscience
* Accountancy
* Business Studies
* History
* Political Science
* Economics
* Geography
* Psychology
* Punjabi
* Home Science

Note:
(i) The candidate will be allotted one of the teaching subjects from the subjects listed above, provided the same is being offered by the institute / college where the candidate seeks to take admission. For list of the teaching subjects being offered by the institute/college for post–graduates please see Appendix 2.

(ii) The candidate who has passed a paper either in Botany/Zoology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Life Science will be eligible to take Biology as one of the teaching subjects.

iii) The second teaching subject can be chosen either from the main subjects or subsidiary subjects passed by the candidate at post graduation or graduation level.

For more information Please Login to official website :
www.ggsipu.nic.in

all the best...

25th September 2012, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

i have only 35 PERCENTAGE mark can i apper for Bed

4th October 2012, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

can i do b.ed. After completing b.a.prog. is it need two years experience to get admission

9th June 2013, 03:58 AM
Unregistered

Hi ... My subjects are sociology and economics , language Urdu can i apply for bed . If i applied then which subject and how many i have to choose ?

30th September 2014, 03:32 AM
Unregistered

Actually i completed my BA in Computer Application last 2years back with 63% marks, and now i need to go for this B ed or D ed course, am i eligible to apply for B.Ed Course? after 2 to 3 years back.

31st December 2014, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Can i do b.ed in economics after completing b.com prog. With 51per.

17th September 2015, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have completed B.A.economics and MBA before 4 years now i would like study B.Ed.
eligible or not, the course are available in correspondence and its features and fee structure
its available in tamil nadu

15th February 2016, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.A. Economics in the year 2008. Am I Eligible to apply B.Ed. And also the course is available in Correspondence? Entrance Exam is available for Correspondence? How much fees and how many years of the course.

24th December 2017, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

I have done psychology honours as main subject in BA. Can I do B. ed from Hindi now as I have subsidiary subjects as political science, sociology and Hindi composition?

8th June 2018, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

I have passed B. A with psychology and I want to do b. Ed with Hindi, what can I do

15th August 2019, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

I have passed B.A economics can I do B.ED sir

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?