23rd April 2020, 11:22 AM
Maharshi Shah

Can I join IMA after completion of BE Chemical Engineering?

Hi, I'm Maharshi Shah from Gujarat. I'm studying in BE Chemical Engineering last year 2020. And, my age is 24 years running now. I was Graduated Diploma Engineering after 10th examination so I have not 12th examination certificate or mark sheet. I want to join with IMA. So what are the eligibility of IMA?

26th April 2020, 02:47 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join IMA after completion of BE Chemical Engineering?

CDS is conducted by UPSC for recruitment in defence services.

The examination is conducted twice in a year. The eligiblility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 19-24 years.

Examination is conducted in two stages. Candidates pursuing in the final year or have passed are eligible to appear in the examination.

So, now you are not eligible for IMA but eligible for the CDS.
For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th April 2020, 07:05 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join IMA after completion of BE Chemical Engineering?

IMA stands for Indian Military Academy and to join the same, you are required to qualify CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the basic qualifications required to apply for the CDS examination in order to join IMA are as below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age need to lie within 20 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree are also eligible.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, being a final year student of B.E. Chemical Engineering degree course, you are eligible to appear in the CDS examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination provided your age allows the same.

For complete details degree CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?