20th March 2018, 02:00 AM
Ravishukla1987

Can I join Indian Police Service being a 32 years old candidate?

Hello, My date of birth is 14th July 1987 and I am about to turn 32 years of age. My aim is to join Indian Police Service. So, I can join Indian Police Service?

31st March 2018, 11:21 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Police Service being a 32 years old candidate?

To join Indian Police Service, you have to appear in UPSC Civil Services examination. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university and those are in the age range of 21 to 32 years are eligible to apply for IPS examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. So, being a 32 years old candidate, you are eligible to apply for Indian Police Service.
31st March 2018, 11:28 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that to join Indian Police Service you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* Further, the basic qualifications required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian candidate.

ii) Your age must lie between 21 years to 32 years by the 1st August of that year in which examination is being held. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree course are also eligible.

Being born on 14th July 1987, you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination 2018 to join IPS. But, from the next year you are eligible only if you belong to reserved category.

For more details and updates regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2018, 02:56 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

As per the guidelines of Union Public Service Commission, regulatory body conducting Civil Services Examination, no prior experience is required for in order to be considered eligible for Indian Police Service. To become IPS officer, one needs to qualify Civil Services Examination and to be eligible for the same, following eligibility criteria needs to be fulfilled:

Candidate must have passed Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Candidate age must be 21 to 32 years with upper age relaxation for reserved category.

Candidate must be an Indian citizen.

The Civil Services examination is held once a year and comprise of two stages of written Test and an Interview.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination next year .
31st March 2018, 03:16 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Indian Police Service entrance exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission under the civil services examination every year once. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidates who have completed Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. This exam does not require any kind of percentage marks in Bachelor's Degree.

Age limit: 21 -32 years.

The relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

You are in the reserved category then you are eligible for this post otherwise you are not eligible.
31st March 2018, 04:26 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You can become an IPS Officer only through the Civil Services Examination.

You have to crack the civil services examination successfully in order to be recruited as the IPS Officer.

The UPSC conducts the prestigious civil services exam every year.

So, you need to first appear in this exam, but for this you have to fulfill the eligibility criteria:

You must have completed Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Your age should lie in between 21 to 32 years if you belong to General category.

The upper age relaxation is allowed for reserved category.

Nationality: Indian.

You must be physically and mentally fit.

So, you are not eligible for this exam if you belong General category otherwise you are eligible for this exam.
31st March 2018, 04:46 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Now you are not eligible to appear for Indian Police Service. if you do not belong to the reserved category.

The age limit for appearing in examination is 21-32 years as on 01st August of year of appearing for examination.

There is three year relaxation in upper limit for OBC and five years for S/ST.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2018, 04:49 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The upper age limit for Civil Services examination is calculated on 1st August of year of examination. The upper age limit for candidates of different category:

Open category: 32 years.

OBC: 35 years.

SC/ST candidates: 38 years.

You can not apply if you belong to open category in 2019. However, if you are from SC/ST category then you can apply for Civil Services exam in 2019.
31st March 2018, 05:28 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Civil Services aspirant from general category who have attained 32 years can not apply for Civil Services examination for joining Indian Police Services.

But there is upper age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST candidates. Due to upper age relaxation, upper age limit is 35 years for OBC and 38 years for SC/ST candidates.
31st March 2018, 05:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category. The age is taken in consideration as on 01st August of year of appearing for examination.

So, if you are a general category candidates then you are not eligible to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2018, 06:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First of all I would like to let you know that for joining Indian Police Service you are required to qualify Civil Services examination and for appearing in the same examination your age need to lie within 21 years to 32 years by the 1st August of year of examination. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

So, being born on 14th July 1987 you can appear in Civil Services examination for the last time in 2018 to join Indian Police Service and that too if you have applied for the same examination as last date of application for same examination has passed. But, in case you belong to reserved category then you can apply for upcoming civil services examination.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2018, 06:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

In 2018, the last date to apply for Civil Services exam for Indian Police Service was 6th March.

Advertisement of Civil Services mentions that age will be calculated on 1st August of the year of examination. You will attain 32 years on 14th July 2019. You can not apply for 2018 exam if you belong to general category.

OBC and SC/ST candidate with date of birth 14th July, 1987 can apply.
31st March 2018, 06:54 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to join Indian police at this very age also.
If you have completed graduation then there are various posts for which you are eligible.
For some of the posts age limits are upto 38 years of age.
Posts like-
Sub-Inspector
Accountant etc. are available.
31st March 2018, 08:04 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IPS examination as you are not attaining 32 years of age on 1st August 2018.

More details about age criteria are mentioned below:
1. Minimum age 21 years, Maximum age 32 years as on 1st Aug 2018

Relaxation of age limit:
1. 5 years for SC/ST candidates
2. 3 years for OBC if they are eligible for such reservation.
3. 10 years for physically disabled (deaf, blind, etc.) persons
31st March 2018, 08:50 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

If you are from general category then you can not apply for 2019 Civil Services examination. Only OBC and SC/ST candidates can apply with this date of birth. The age limit is 21-32 years.

Upper age relaxation applicable to SC/ST and OBC candidates only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?