21st July 2011, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I join MCA after securing 49.5% marks in BCA?

I myself have a strong doubt with me. is it possible to do mca after bca with 49.5% marks

21st July 2011, 06:56 PM
kunjeyan5282

Smile Re: Can I join MCA after securing 49.5% marks in BCA?

Yes you can go for MCA .It has a good career in this field.
21st July 2011, 07:29 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join MCA after securing 49.5% marks in BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I myself have a strong doubt with me. is it possible to do mca after bca with 49.5% marks
MCA (Master of Computer Application) is the 3 year Post graduate degree course in computer field and to get admission in this course you need to complete your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university with maths as a compulsory subject in your 12Th Examination.

The admission are based on the basis of entrance examination like AIMCET (JAM), NIMCET, JECA, TANCET etc..

But to apply for AIMCET, NIMCET examination you need minimum 60% marks in your bachelor degree examination, And You have failed to scored minimum 60% Marks, So you cant apply for both these examinations.

But To apply for other entrance examinations, you need minimum 50% Marks and you have also not mentain the 50% Marks in your BCA Course, So I think you are Not eligible to get admission in MCA Course in any colleges, Because for other private colleges, you need minimum 50% marks in your Bachelor degree course.

So, Please check the University Website and check the eligibility criteria for MCA Course and then you will get proper details about this course, But as per my Knowledge you will not get admission in MCA course in Top Colleges.
21st July 2011, 08:16 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility for MCA is a graduate who has passed or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline (Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering or any approved University) with 50% marks in aggregate.

Candidates must have mathematics as a subject in their 10+2 course or any one year of graduation.

B.C.A. qualified candidates can also pursue M.C.A.

Admission to this course is generally done through various MCA entrance tests.

So you are not eligible for MCA.
21st July 2011, 08:41 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
yes,you are eligible to join MCA.
but you do not get good college.

best MCA college:--

*University of Delhi

*Banaras hindu university

*National institute of technology

*ignou

*Regional institute of technology
21st July 2011, 10:48 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Hi,
there is no problem in what you have got before to do mca you need to write cat exam and you will get college based no the marks you score in the exam. So you need to remember this i mind there are many coaching centres. You can approach them and prepare well for your exam. Do not worry about the past. All the best
21st July 2011, 11:12 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

MCA (Master of Computer Application) is the 3 year Post graduate degree course in computer field.
and to get admission in this course you need to complete your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university with maths as a compulsory subject in your 12Th Examination.

but you not get the 60% marks in your graducation,so you are not eligibli for NIMCET and other enterance exam.

In private colleges you have to achieve 50% marks in your graducation.

But you not fulfill this critera, so you are not eligible for this.
21st July 2011, 11:40 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you can join in MCA after completion of your BCA..

For that you have to appear in MCA entrance exam like JECA, NIMCET...

After clearing the entrance exam you will get a call for interview..

The eligibility criteria for MCA entrance exam -

*you must have complete your BCA from a recognized university...

*you must have 45% aggregate in BCA..

*You should not have any due backlogs in your graduation..

As you have 49.5% aggregate in BCA , so you are eligible for MCA entrance exam....

Work hard.. study properly... you can definitely crack the exam..

All the best..
21st July 2011, 11:52 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Hi,

The admission in MCA is based on the basis of entrance examination.For MCA admission entrance exam like AIMCET (JAM), NIMCET, JECA, TANCET are conducted. MCA (Master of Computer Application) is the 3 year Post graduate degree course in computer field .

For admission in MCA you need to complete your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university with maths as a compulsory subject in your 12Th Examination.

for AIMCET, NIMCET examination you need minimum 60% marks in your bachelor degree examination.but You have scored 49.5% Marks, So you are not eligible for both these examinations.

For other entrance examinations, you need minimum 50% Marks. according to me you are Not eligible to get admission in MCA Course in any colleges, Because all other private colleges need minimum 50% marks in your Bachelor degree course.

I am very very sorry to say that you are not eligible for MCA.you have to try for another exam.
22nd July 2011, 12:17 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello,
Yes you can do MCA as you have done BCA.To take admission in MCA course the percentage of marks in BCA is not considered and you have to give entrance examination to take admission.If you get good rank In the Entrance examination then you can take admission in good college.

Best Wishes...
22nd July 2011, 12:31 AM
rana2011
Banned

*MCA (Master of Computer Application) :is the 3 year Post graduate degree course in computer application and to get admission in this course you have to complete your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university with maths as a compulsory subject in your 12Th Examination.

The admission are recuit by entrance examination like AIMCET (JAM), NIMCET, JECA, TANCET...

And to apply for AIMCET, NIMCET examination you have to score minimum 60% marks in your graduation level.

And To apply for other entrance examinations, you have to score minimum 50% Marks.
[for any private colleges, you need minimum 50% marks in your Bachelor degree course].

To get proper details abot this Please check the University Website and check the eligibility criteria for MCA Course.

Best of luck,
22nd July 2011, 04:11 PM
sanjeev26

Quote:
It is a bit difficult to get admission in MCA for any good college because the minimum criteria most of the universities have to 50% marks in BCA or any bachelor degree
4th October 2011, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

i have 1 backpaper in my bacheler degree bca.i will try to clear this papaer in my next chance.but the next chance is conducted next year.before that can i get admission for mca?
4th October 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

i have 1 backpaper in my bacheler degree bca.i will try to clear this papaer in my next chance.but the next chance is conducted next year.before that can i get admission for mca?
26th October 2011, 01:42 AM
yuv_singh1990

Quote:

yes as per my knowledge you cannot take admission in mca until you pass the back paper.
because at the time of admission the college asks for transfer certificate of graduation.

and you got 49.5% marks you are eligible for some universities enterance exam. and some universities demand 55% or 60% so in than universities you are not eligible.

regards,
YUVRAJ
25th December 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

if i got 54% marks in bca then we can easily get admission in mca?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?