12th June 2019, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I join PhD in Botany after completion of B.Sc in Chemistry?

I have done B.Sc. in Chemistry with PCM group having 60% and I wanted to opt for Ph.D. in Botany. Can I do so? If not, what would make me eligible? Will I have to pursue any other course before PhD?

14th June 2019, 02:53 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join PhD in Botany after completion of B.Sc in Chemistry?

No, you are not eligible to join Ph.D. in Botany after completion of B.Sc in Chemistry. The basic eligibility required to get admission in Ph.D. course is the candidate should have passed master degree course from a well-recognized university. The candidate has to score at least 55% in the master degree course to get admission in the Ph.D. course. My suggestion to you is that you should complete the first master degree after completing B.Sc Chemistry course then you can apply for the admission of Ph.D. course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?