13th August 2017, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Guidelines to appear in CSIR NET exam for PhD after M.Sc Chemistry (Botany)? Is there any other way to join PhD?

I have cleared M.Sc Chemistry (Botany) and want to appear in CSIR NET exam to do PhD. Please tell me what are the guide line for it? Is there any other way to join PhD?

17th August 2017, 07:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Guidelines to appear in CSIR NET exam for PhD after M.Sc Chemistry (Botany)? Is there any other way to join PhD?

It is very glad to hear that you have completed your M.Sc course and you are targeting for Ph.d course.
Since you have completed your M.Sc course, you are eligible to appear for the NET examination. But you must have completed your M.Sc with a minimum of 55% of marks in it in order to be eligible for NET examination. So, after qualifying in the examination, you can get admission to study Ph.D course in the respective field. I am sorry to say that there is no other way to pursue Ph.D course without qualifying in the NET entrance examination. So, you must have to qualify in the entrance examination.
17th August 2017, 10:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Guidelines to appear in CSIR NET exam for PhD after M.Sc Chemistry (Botany)? Is there any other way to join PhD?

Guidelines to appear in CSIR NET Examination for PhD after completion of M.Sc in Chemistry:

Council of Scientific and Industrial Research offers several fellowships namely Junior Research Fellowships and Associateships. So every year a large number of candidates are being awarded for the post of JRF for candidates who are meeting the required criteria.

>> The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is "Bachelor's Degree" or Master's Degree from a recognized university.

>> PhD Courses are offered in several streams, so your course will be coming under Chemical Sciences.

>> National Eligibility Test of CSIR will be conducted twice an year i.e., in June and in December. You may find more details from the link that is given below.

Click here for More Details
18th August 2017, 07:37 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

If a candidate have completed masters degree and have scored a minimum of 55% marks then the candidate is eligible to apply for NET-CSIR examination.

There will be MCQ test paper, each subject shall carry maximum of 200 marks.Examination duration shall be of 3 hours.Also there will negative marking of each wrong answer.
No, you have to appear and qualify in UGC-CSIR examination to get admission into PhD programme course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?