10th December 2018, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue BCA if my 5th subject in 12th is Physical Education?

I have passed my Intermediate i.e., my 12th board exam from Science stream. I did not have mathematics. My 5th subject was Physical Education. Am I eligible to apply for BCA now?

14th December 2018, 11:53 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue BCA if my 5th subject in 12th is Physical Education?

Yes you are eligible to pursue BCA after completing Intermediate from Science stream.
It is not compulsory to have Mathematics in Intermediate to pursue BCA after that.
Any particular subject is not declared in Intermediate to pursue BCA. You only have to pass Intermediate and then apply for BCA for further education.
15th December 2018, 11:07 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

BCA refers to Bachelor of Computer Application and it is an undergraduate degree course of three years with good career scope in the software world.

The minimum education required to pursue BCA degree course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board. In case of some institutes, Mathematics and English are required as main subjects at Class 12th level academics.

So, having completed your Class 12th in Science stream, you are eligible for pursuing BCA degree course from most of the institutes.
15th December 2018, 07:03 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For pursuing BCA course, student must have Mathematics as a subject in 10+2 standard.

As you don't have Mathematics in 10+2, so you won't get admission for BCA course in institute/college.

Some of the colleges for BCA in Lucknow are listed below:
  • National P.G College, Hazratganj
  • Babu Banarasi Das University, BBD City, Faizabad Road
  • Shri Ramswaroop Memorial College of Engineering and Management, Faizabad Road, Tiwariganj
  • City Law College, Law College, Opp BBD College, Tiwariganj, Chinhat
  • University of Lucknow, University Road, Hasanganj
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?