12th December 2018, 10:23 AM
Chumki Bera

What is the eligibility and last date to apply for UGC NET?

Am I eligible for UGC NET exam if I have 52% in B.A ( Hons. ) in English and if I am now pursuing M.A first year? If yes, then when should I apply for that?

15th December 2018, 05:42 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility and last date to apply for UGC NET?

UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. The minimum academic qualification required for this exam is master's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year post graduation candidates can also apply.

Candidate must have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree. There is no upper age limit for lectureship. It is 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship. You will be eligible for this exam in final year of Master of Arts.
15th December 2018, 10:59 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

For appearing in NET ( National Eligibility Test ), the minimum education required is a master's degree in concerned subject with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category candidates.

There is no age limit to apply for the assistant professor post while for JRFs the maximum age limit is 28 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates.

As far as you are are concerned about the important dates for upcoming NET, then it has not been announced yet.

For more details and updates associated to NET, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in.
15th December 2018, 11:41 AM
akhilking

Eligibility for UGC NET Exam:-

>>The candidates applying for UGC NET Dec. 2018 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science andApplications, Electronic Science etc.are eligible for this Test

>>Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidateswho have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) exam andwhose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying exams have beendelayed may also apply for this test.

>>The last date of Online Submission is 2nd week of April 2019
15th December 2018, 03:05 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Online submission of application form for UGC NET- 01st Sept. to 30th Sept. 2018.
You will be eligible to write UGC NET entrance test after completing Master’s degree from a recognized university.

Eligibility criteria to apply for UGC NET are as follows:-
Candidate must have scored at least 55% aggregate in Post-Graduation.
The board offers an additional 5% relaxation to candidates who have completed their Doctorate degree before Sept. 19, 1991.
Candidate must have completed their Post-Graduation from a recognized university in any of the stream.
For JRF age should not be more than 30 years as on an. 1, 2019.
There is no any upper age limit for candidates for Assistant Professor’s post.
15th December 2018, 04:42 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of UGC NET is University Grants Commission.

The minimum academic qualification required for this exam is master's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Minimum of 55% marks in post graduation is required. There is no upper age limit for this course.
15th December 2018, 07:00 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for UGC-NET Exam, you must have completed Masters course from a recognized institute affiliated to recognized University.

Also, you must have secured at least 55% aggregate marks in Masters course to be eligible for UGC NET exam.

As you are still studying Masters course, so currently you cannot apply for UGC-NET exam.

After, completing Masters course, if your percentage is at least 55%, then you can apply for UGC-NET Exam.

Last date to apply for UGC-NET (Dec) 2018 was: 30th September 2018
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?