11th November 2019, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

Can I pursue MBBS course after completing BSc Botany Honours?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying BSc with Botany Honours course. After completing my Graduation, I want to study MBBS course because I am interested to become a Doctor. I would like to know can I do MBBS course?

13th November 2019, 10:38 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue MBBS course after completing BSc Botany Honours?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. Admission to MBBS course is done through National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET is conducted by National Testing Agency for admission in MBBS and BDS course.

The minimum academic qualification required for MBBS course is senior secondary from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Minimum of 50% marks in board examination of 12th is required.

You can apply for NEET 2020 exam if you meet above criteria.
13th November 2019, 04:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue MBBS course after B.Sc Botany. There is no upper age limit to get admission in the course.

To get admission in the course, you have to appear and qualify in the NEET.

NEET examination is conducted by NTA. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a reocgnised board with PCB as main paper with minimum 50% aggregate.

It is five year course and there is no lateral entry in the course.
13th November 2019, 05:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If, you want to pursue MBBS course you have to appear and qualify in the NEET or AIIMS MBBS examination.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB with minimum 50% aggregate.

The minimum age limit is 17 years. There is no upper age limit. So, you can appear in the examination and qualify in the examination if want to get admission in MBBS course.
14th November 2019, 06:43 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

A candidate is eligible to persue MBBS on the basis of 12th standard if you have completed your 12th with PCB stream.
However, as you have completed your graduation in BSc Botany hence, you are eligible but you 12th will be considered and you have to appear in entrance exam.
14th November 2019, 07:05 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I pursue MBBS course after completing BSc Botany Honours?

Yes, you are eligible to join MBBS after B.Sc Botany. You should have passed 12th with Physics, chemistry, and Biology is the basic qualification for MBBS degree. Admission to the course is done through entrance tests like NEET. The upper age limit is 25 years.

For more information, visit the website www.collegeduniya.com.
14th November 2019, 07:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue MBBS course after the B.Sc Botany course.

To get admission in MBBS course, you will have to appear and qualify in NEET. NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is conducted by NTA.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB with minimum 50% aggregate.

So, you can start the preparation for the examination, if you want to get admission in the MBBS course.
14th November 2019, 08:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and the minimum education required to pursue the same degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate (or 40% marks in case of reserved category candidates) from a recognised board of education.

So, even being a student of B.Sc.(Hons.) in Botany degree course, you are eligible to pursue MBBS degree course if you hold the minimum educational requirement for pursuing MBBS degree course.

Further, for pursuing MBBS degree course from any medical college across India, you need to qualify anyone of NEET or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination or JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?