3rd April 2016, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

Can I start the IAS officer preparation from my 9th standard?

Hello,

I am a student of standard 9th how shall I prepare from now to become an IAS officer? What would be the best time for it? Can you please guide me with the information on the same? I really want to become an IAS officer and I want to know what all to be done for the same.

3rd April 2016, 02:50 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I start the IAS officer preparation from my 9th standard?

No, doubt, if you aspire to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination examination conducted by UPSC, you can start preparation for examination.

So, if you start the preparation for examination from now through a proper strategy, you will definitely qualify in examination.

But, you need a better determination and dedication to appear for examination. The minimum required qualification to appear for examination is graduation degree from any recognised university.
3rd April 2016, 03:17 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

I am a student of standard 9th how shall I prepare from now to become an IAS officer? What would be the best time for it? Can you please guide me with the information on the same? I really want to become an IAS officer and I want to know what all to be done for the same.
IAS Exam or Civil Services Exam is attempted by candidates after graduation or during final year of graduation.

As you are currently in 9th standard, so it could be too early to start preparation for IAS Exam.

Instead, you can start preparing for IAS Exam right from your graduation.

You need to qualify three stages for IAS Exam:
  • CSAT Exam
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview
Here are the books that you may refer for qualifying IAS Exam:

Practice Paper for CSAT Paper-1 & 2 (Paperback) by Arihant Experts Team
Price: Rs. 327

Concise CSAT General Studies: Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paper - 2) 1st Edition (Paperback) by Madhukar Kumar Bhagat
Price: Rs. 241

CSAT Civil Services Aptitude Test Capsule English (Set of 7 Books) (Paperback) by J. K. Chopra
Price: Rs. 755

IAS Prelims/CSAT Civil Services: 18 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers (1995-2012) (Paperback) by Disha Experts and 1 more variant
Price: Rs. 225
3rd April 2016, 04:43 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

It's too early to prepare for IAS from 9th standard. Now you should pay attention to your study & go ahead. You can start your preparation while graduation.

IAS Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 21 to 30 years of the examination year.
- Maximum allowed attemps are 6 for general & 9 for OBC.

IAS Preparation Tips
- Read the whole syllabus & Understand the exam pattern.
- Make a time table for preparation & Follow it. Prepare at least 4-5 hours every day.
- Use standard reference books for preparation. You can also join coaching for better preparation.
- Prepare one by one topic. After completiom of each topic , Revise it again & Make a note of important points.
- Practice more & more on previous asked questions.
3rd April 2016, 10:41 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can start the preparation from 9th standard to become IAS officer but let me tell you that this is your time to make your basics clear and concept should be at your tips, so don't focus on high level things just make each and every concept clear right from this period that will definitely help you out in the future to crack this exam. After completion of class 12th you will have to join graduation in any discipline and side by side you can join any coaching institute for the preparation of IAS examination. Keep yourself up to date with current affairs, general knowledge etc. Make your habit to read the newspaper daily.
18th May 2017, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am Madhuri i am studying in 7th and I want to become an IAS officer I started to learn the basic things which will help me to understand the way to study
24th June 2018, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I start reading newspaper from 9th standard itself to become an IAS officer?
23rd February 2020, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Sociology is my subject to choose. Can I study from right now as I am in 8th std
25th February 2020, 12:22 PM
chanakyamandal

Yes, IAS officer preparation should be done properly by the aspirant. One should also join a coaching institute to get full knowledge in a proper manner.
Click here to know more detail - IAS coaching institute Pune
25th February 2020, 06:33 PM
indianacademics1

Yes you can start preparing for the IAS exams .You can get all study materials friom our site name Indian Academics.We at Indianacademics are always ready to solve doubts and how to prepare for your target exam, boards exam or Banks, ssc, Civil services exam. Stay in touch for latest news or current affairs.For more information contact us at 8595914497.
27th February 2020, 05:55 PM
munamaan

But as you are now in 9th standard you should have focused first to complete 10th and 12th standard with good marks and then you should start preparation for Civil Service accordingly along with your your under Graduate studies, so that you can be prepared your self for the exam while you have completed your regular
30th August 2021, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

I want to become ias so can i prepare from now and which subject are important
24th April 2022, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 9th standard my question is how to prepare for upsc from my class and how to take Opptional subject to clear upsc
5th May 2022, 12:48 PM
Naresh199

There is no need to prepare for is from 9th standard,but u appreciate your willingness and passion toward your goal. Ias exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?