1st September 2013, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

How to be an IAS officer? I am a 12th science student

heyy...i am Vedant...presently i am in 12 science nd i want to be an IAS officer...i am planning to change stream after 12...shifting to commerce...i wanna start preparation for IAS from now only...which books should i begin with?
please do reply in my mail id[email protected]

21st September 2013, 12:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to be an IAS officer? I am a 12th science student

I appreciate your decision to start preparations for IAS from 12th class onwards. You start exam preparations with the help of NCERT text books. Basic information on subjects like Geography, History, Science, Economics, etc can be obtained from these books. After gaining basic idea you can look for books from publishers like Upkar, S.Chand, etc. Also practice previous year questions as much as possible.
12th July 2015, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

I am very confused how much ncert book is useful for IAS preparation
30th October 2015, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

I wish to become n ias officer. I m a science student in 11 std...what i want to do after 12
30th October 2015, 02:01 PM
nagam.

If you are not interested in Science, you should not have taken it in 12th class itself. You completed 12th class in Science now and you want shift to Commerce. Again you have to start from the beginning in your Graduation because you do no have any commerce knowledge upto now.

It is allowed. You can shift to Commerce in Graduation. And after that you go for civil services exam to join IAS.

There will be optional subjects for IAS Exam. For optional subjects also, you take Commerce subjects like
Economics
Commerce

You should have an age between 21-32 years to apply for civil services exam.
30th October 2015, 04:22 PM
sanju0770

Dear Vedant,

Your decision for becoming an IAS Officer is very nice as IAS is a very reputable and high paying job as compare to other government job. If you are starting for this at this early age then you have fairly nice chance of getting selected.

Eligibility :-

1. Citizen :- Indian
2. Age :- 21-32 (different for different category)
3. attempts :- 06 - unlimited (different for different category)
4. Percentage :- NO minimum percentage

since you have a lot time to go so you start with newspaper and general knowledge books. Go for The Hindu (English daily) and Upkar or TATA Mcgraw hill GK.
1st December 2015, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

I am a plus two science student. i wish to become an IAS officer .what all preparations i have to do to become an IAS officer ,as i have only started collecting newspaper reports.which all books i should refer to?
8th February 2016, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

I m a student of class 12 science I want to become an architect engineer so which steps I should take after 12 'th?
13th May 2016, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for IAS exam after completing 12th with maths science stream?
1st January 2017, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

I am a 12 science student. I am totally confused what can i do because I want to become an IAS officer.
25th January 2017, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

What are the steps for becoming IAS after completing 12 std
29th March 2017, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

I have just completed my 12 th in science wwith math stream what strp should I aquire to become an ias officer
16th May 2017, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my plus two in science what I have to do to get selected in civil services exam
1st August 2017, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12 th and joining BDS college but simultaneously I want to prepare for UPSC is my decision right? Will I be able to crack the exam?
25th November 2017, 10:08 PM
nishanth60

#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC every year is Graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university.
#So,first you have to complete your graduation as per your convenience to apply for IAS examination.
#Age limit to apply for IAS examination is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
#The number of attempts allowed are 4 for General category candidates, 7 for OBC candidates and no limit for SC/ST candidates.
#The pattern of recruitment of IAS post is preliminary exam,main examination and personal interview.
#For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?