10th July 2013, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I start preparing for CAT from now on?

I am a biotechnology engineering student and now in final year. I have been studying my engineering subjects till now (not very intensively though ) .
All I want to know is that if I start studying for CAT 2013 from now on , ( its Jul 10 today )
seriously and vigorously , will I be able to make it to a good management college? Please let me know.

11th July 2013, 05:49 PM
nim@1990

Default Re: Can I start preparing for CAT from now on?

Dear student,

Five reasons how we help you to get success in CAT Exam Preparation:
Adapts to your skill-level
Identifies your strong and weak areas
Allows you to prepare the way in which you want
Most comprehensive database of questions
Allows you to selectively choose and buy what you want

Cracking the Common Admissions Test (CAT) or for that matter any other top B School Entrance Test is not as much a function of hard work as it is a function of smart work. Stories of some of these achievers are "out of the ordinary" ones. We believe their experiences, in addition to providing you with tips, will also serve as a big motivator.
12th July 2013, 01:05 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You must start your CAT preparation as soon as possible because it is not a easy exam to crack and you must practice a lot to get a very good score.

You must plan your studies in a systematic way so that you can learn more things in less time. Proper time management is required when you are appearing for CAT. So you must practice mock tests as much as possible.

Final year students are also eligible for CAT so you must not waste time and get on with your preparation in full flow.

Nothing is impossible and if you have good study material then 2-3 months is enough to make decent preparation for CAT. If you have basics clear then you don't need a lot of time. You just have to practice a lot and increase your speed in solving problems.

Some of the books that can be useful in CAT preparation are:

-Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Exams by Guha Abhijit

-Quant Aptitude by Tata Magraw Hill by Arun Sharma

-Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips by Guha Abhijit

-Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Exams by Guha Abhijit

-R.S. Agarawal books on verbal reasoning

-Wren and Martin English Grammar

-Verbal Ability By Arun Sharma

-Business English and Communication By: Clark

-Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay

12th July 2013, 12:44 PM
harishbanu

Hai, You are studying final year in Biotechnology. From now on wards you have to starts preparation to CAT exam.And don't neglect you final year subjects also.Because eligibility purpose you need to have 5%.You know that the exam pattern
1.Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation 2. Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
You have to refer previous papers for getting an idea about exam and then you can start you preparations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?