22nd November 2018, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Can I study BSc(Economics) Honours after completing 12th PCM?

Hi everyone, I am interested to do BSc with Economics Honours course. But I don't have Economics subject in my 12th standard. I am a Science student with PCM stream. So, I would like to know that can I study BSc with this specialization?

24th November 2018, 06:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BSc(Economics) Honours after completing 12th PCM?

Bachelor of Science in Economics is an undergraduate program of 3 years which can be pursued after completion of 10 + 2 or equivalent examination. The program is spread over 6 semesters at an interval of every 6 months.
There is no need to give any entrance exam for the same. But there are some colleges which are admit candidates for BSc Economics after entrance test. Admissions are done on the basis of cut off list declared by the respective colleges and institutes.
24th November 2018, 07:57 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have successfully cleared their 10 + 2 examination in science stream can apply for the admission in BSC course and there is no need to give any entrance examination for the same but there are some colleges which admitted candidates for this program on the basis of entrance test.
Generally forms are available in the month of June and July every year and candidates need to purchase form along with prospectus and have to submit as per the guidelines prescribed in the prospectus.
Selection will be done on the basis of cut off merit list prepared by the colleges but in some colleges there can be entrance examination also depending upon the policies of the Institution of college.
To get direct admission, candidates need to score highest marks at 10 + 2 level and on the basis of marks obtained and personal interview candidate will be shortlisted for the selection.
25th November 2018, 09:07 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes. You are eligible to apply for course B.Sc (Economics) Honours after completion of your 12th in science stream with PCM subjects. This course is suitable for candidates who have an interest in social activities, commitment, sincerity, devotion towards studies.

B.Sc (Economics) Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) or equivalent qualification with at least 50% from a recognized university. Some colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria for the admissions.
- Some institutes also conduct their own entrance exam for the admission to this course.

Top Institutes Offering B.Sc (Economics)
- St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
- Symbiosis College of Economics, Pune
- Loreto College, Kolkata
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- Kamla Nehru College For Women, Kapurthala
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
- Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Garhwal
- Pacific University, Udaipur
- Ananda Chandra College, Jalpaiguri

Higher Studies After B.Sc (Economics)
- M.A (Economics)
- M.A (Economics Honors)
- M.A (Applied Economics)
- M.A (Econometrics)
- M.A (Financial Economics and Administration)
- M.Sc (Economics)
- M.Sc (Econometrics)
- M.Sc (Rural Economics)
- M.Sc (Quantitative Economics)
- M.Sc (Business Economics)
- M.Sc (Development Economics)
- MBA (Managerial Economics)
- MBA (Economics Legislation)
- MBA (Macroeconomics Theory and Policy)
26th November 2018, 11:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed 12th in PCM are eligible to get admission in Economics honors course.

It is three year course. The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Mathematics as main paper.

Admission procedure varies with universities and colleges. So, kindly visit the official website for the detail information.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?