8th June 2015, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Can I study MBBS after completing 12th PCM?

Sir,
I have completed Higher Secondary 12th
with PCM but I want to do MBBS now.
Can you please tell me I can do MBBS
if I have completed 12th with PCM?

10th June 2015, 10:26 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBBS after completing 12th PCM?

No, you cannot pursue MBBS course after completion of 12th Class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for doing MBBS "12th Class or Intermediate" from a recognized university with PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) subjects. You must have passed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern or Senior School Certificate Examination or ISC Examination with,

* Physics

* Chemistry

* English

And

* Biology Subjects ---- Compulsory Subject

You must have passed 12th Class with minimum 60% marks (in case of General, OBC Category) and 50% marks (in case of SC/ ST) in order to be eligible for applying for MBBS Entrance Examinations. Besides this, you must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission in order to be eligible. Since you have completed 12th Class with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in MBBS Entrance Examination.
11th June 2015, 12:39 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

I am sorry to tell you this but you are not eligible to study MBBS unless you are having Biology in your Class 12 Board.
If you had Biology along with PCM then you will have the chance to study MBBS once you have cracked the Medical Entrance Examination.
If you did not have Biology in your Class 12 Board then your chances of studying MBBS is zero.
11th June 2015, 02:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed Higher Secondary 12th
with PCM but I want to do MBBS now.
Can you please tell me I can do MBBS
if I have completed 12th with PCM?
If you have completed 12th standard with PCM then you are not eligible for MBBS course. Because you must have completed 12th standard with PCB.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for MBBS entrance exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years. No age relaxation provide for reserved category.
11th October 2022, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

what shall i do now if i am pcm student to study mbbs?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?