10th February 2016, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

Can I study CA having done B.Com through distance mode?

I am completed b.com through distance mode and i am not studying intermediate. I am completed 10th class and after in distance mode completed b.com so i want to study C.A course is it possible.

10th February 2016, 05:23 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study CA having done B.Com through distance mode?

Yes, every graduates are eligible to apply for CA programme.

C.A. stands for Chartered Accountant.

Institute of Cost Accountants of India offers C.A course.

There are three stages in Chartered Accountancy course;

*Foundation course

*Intermediate course or IPCC, and

*Final Course.

To register for CPT, the candidate must have done 12th class from any recognized board of education.

According to the Central Council,a Graduate student can directly join the IPCC course without writing CA-CPT Exam.

The eligibility criteria required for the graduates to write IPCC directly is as under:

- In case of a Commerce Graduate – 50%

- In case of a Non-Commerce Graduate with subjects other than Mathematics – 55%

- In case of a Non-Commerce Graduate with Maths – 60%

It takes 3 years to complete articleship training under CA programme. It includes period of 9 months of training before appearing for IPCC in the total duration of 3 years of articleship training.

It is important to complete Information Technology Training (ITT) and Orientation Program conducted by ICAI before starting Articleship.

To register for final level, the candidate must have passed IPCC level and should have completed Articleship .

The duration for CA course through CPT route after passing 12th is 5 years and 4 years for direct entry to IPCC course after B.Com.
10th February 2016, 07:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy Course. This course has three levels. The first stage is Common Proficiency Test. Second stage is Integrated Professional Competence Course and last stage is final course. Graduates are directly eligible for IPCC stage but they must have at least 55% marks in bachelor's degree.

Your institute must be approved by Distance Education Council as you have done bachelor's degree in distance mode. So, if you meet necessary percentage criteria for direct entry to IPCC, you can go for it.
10th February 2016, 07:43 PM
kantraman

One can choose CA after passing 12th in commerce and also choose CA after completing B.Com.but compulsory to have 55% marks in aggregate.If you have completed B.Com from open university no doubt you are eligible for doing CA.
15th May 2016, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 2nd year b.com degree through distance mode can I join IPCC now
21st December 2021, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

I have done my intermediate through distance mode, now can I register for ca foundation??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?