15th October 2018, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MA(Urdu) being a Statistics postgraduate? Possibility to become an Assistant Professor through UGC-NET(Urdu)?

Hello everyone, I have done BA and MA, both Honours in Statistics. Now, I want to do MA in Urdu Honours followed by PhD through UGC-NET. I want to know that can I become an Assistant Professor if I clear UGC-NET in Urdu? And also let me know that can I do MA in Urdu or not?

25th March 2023, 10:34 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MA(Urdu) being a Statistics postgraduate? Possibility to become an Assistant Professor through UGC-NET(Urdu)?

The minimum educational qualification for MA urdu is
Hold bachelor's degree in Arts from a recognised board.
Must have secured an aggregate of atleast 55% marks in their last qualifying exam
Applicants must have studied Urdu as main subject in their undergraduate program.
The students should possess good speaking and writing skills for the course.

Admission is granted on the basis of entrance exam or merit.

UGC NET is still the minimum eligiblity criteria to be an Assistant professor in any private or government university .
Thus those who have PhD degree or have applied for it are eligible for Assistant professor ship.
Thus after clearing UGC NET , candidates can simultaneously persue their PhD or research work.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?