28th September 2018, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Can I study MSc(Maths) being a BSc General graduate?

Hello friends, I have done BSc General course. But I want to study MSc with Maths. So, is it possible for me to do MSc with Maths? I am unable to get the information so I need you help. Please help me in this regard.

29th September 2018, 10:27 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MSc(Maths) being a BSc General graduate?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue M.Sc in Mathematics course:

The basic eligibility criteria required to pursue this M.Sc in Mathematics course is given below.

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue this M.Sc in Mathematics course as far as my best knowledge is concerned. The minimum qualification required is given below,

<> Candidates must have passed B.Sc in Mathematics or B.Sc in Mathematics and Computer Applications or else Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

<> Hence, if you have passed B.Sc General with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university then I can say that you are certainly eligible to pursue this course.

<> Generally, most of the colleges conduct their own entrance examination in order to offer admission into this course.
29th September 2018, 06:26 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for pursuing M.Sc. Mathematics, you must have pursued B.Sc. Mathematics with at least 45% marks.

As you have pursued B.Sc. General, so you are not eligible to apply for M.Sc. Mathematics course.
29th September 2018, 11:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If a candidate is interested to pursue MSc in Mathematics then he or she must have completed BSc in Non Medical or BSc in Mathematics Hons. From a recognised University with at least 50 % marks. Relaxation of five percent is given to candidates of reserved categories.
30th September 2018, 12:31 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

You are a B.Sc General graduate. It means that you have some faintest knowledge about the subjects of science. Many universities will not give you admission in M.Sc Mathematics course because you don't know about the advanced mathematics taught in B.Sc (Hons.).

So I suggest you to search private universities which mat give you admission in M.Sc Mathematics course. But it's hardly you can get seat of M.Sc Mathematics in any government University.
30th September 2018, 02:24 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed B.Sc General ( physics, chemistry, mathematics ) are eligible to appear in entrance exam examination conducted by various colleges and universities.

So, you are eligible to get admission in M.Sc Mathematics if you will fulfill the eligibility criteria of admission procedure.
30th September 2018, 01:49 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria to apply for Master of Science in Mathematics:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in Science with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects.

You should have at least 60% marks in bachelor's degree to pursue Master's degree in science in Mathematics.
30th September 2018, 02:43 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

B.Sc General course means that you have passed bachelor degree in science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

So, you are eligible to pursue master degree in any one of the subject. You have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination or be in the merit list ( admission on merit basis ) of the college or university in which you want to get admission.

M.Sc in Mathematics is two year course from a recognised university.
30th September 2018, 07:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To pursue M.Sc in Mathematics the minimum education required is a bachelor's degree with Mathematics as one of the subject during the three years of bachelor degree course from a recognized university.

So, having completed your B.Sc general course, which includes Mathematics and Physics as main subjects during the whole three year course, you are eligible for pursuing M.Sc in Mathematics degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?