4th February 2013, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in B.Tech after completing 12th with biology

dear sir,

I complet my 12th to biology sub. and Igot 66.40% marks in 12th . so can i take admission in b.tech . and which coures is good for me.

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get admission in BCA after completing 12th Biology?
  2. In which college should I take admission for Biotech after completing 12th with Biology?
  3. How to get admission in USA universities after completing 12th with Biology subject? -- [New]
  4. What should I do after completing 12th biology
  5. What are the various UG courses after completing 12th with Biology and Maths?
  6. Can I take biotechnology after completing commerce and biology in 11th and 12th
  7. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What are the career options available after completing 12th Biology other than MBBS? Can a student appear for CPMT having biology as a additional subject in 12th?
  9. What should I do after completing 12th std? I've got 1132 marks and I belong to Biology group
  10. Will I get admission in IIT and NIT after completing B.Tech with 60%
  11. Can I do MBBS after BSc Nursing?
  12. Can I take admission in MCA after completing 12th with biology?
  13. Which is the best profession for me after completing 12th in biology group?
  14. After ITI which course is best for me in Software?
  15. Can I get admission in MBBS courses in India if I have done 12th(Mathematics) from India and Prerequisite for Physician from USA?
  16. How can I become a chemical engineer after completing 12th in biology?
  17. Can I do diploma in biomedical instrumentation after doing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation? Which institute offers the same?
  18. List of the colleges in India offering admission in B.Tech Biotechnology with Maths and Biology as compulsory subjects in class 12th?
18th April 2013, 04:23 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in B.Tech after completing 12th with biology

You can try for B.Tech course in subjects like Biotechnology and Biomedical engineering. Admission to the course is done through entrance tests. B.tech course related to Bioinformatics are also good. Genetic engineering is another suitable stream. Selection of the subject can be done according to your choice.
15th June 2013, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

i got 60% marks in 12.. nd i want to do btech in delhi.. please tell the possible colleges in delhi in which i can get admission.. ??
16th June 2013, 12:23 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Technology is the four years graduation course. To apply for this course you must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the subjects. If you have these subjects in 12th then you are eligible for the B.Tech course.

You will have option to choose from wide range of Engineering branches. Some of the branches are:

Aerospace

Aeronautical

IT

Compter Science

Electrical

Mechanical

Marine

Electronics and Communications

Automobile

Civil

You can take admission for Bachelor of Technology after clearing a entrance exam. It will be extremely difficult to get admission in B.Tech course if you haven't appeared for any entrance exam.

JEE

MHA CET

GUJ CET

UPSEE

BITSAT

These are some of the entrance exams. You have two good option. First is to appear for the JEE and second appear for the engineering entrance exam for your state. For example UPSEE is for Uttar Pradesh.

The JEE is the replacement of AIEEE and IIT-JEE. This makes it the most important engineering entrance exam in the country. It is introducted this year. There are two stages of the JEE:

JEE Mains

JEE Advanced

Eligibility

1. You should have completed 12th standard.

2. Physics, Chemistry and Maths should be subjects.

3. No percentage criteria.

4. Age limit is 25 years.

5. 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

6. No more than 3 consecutive attempts.

Procedure

First you will appear for the JEE Mains which is replacement of AIEEE. Clearing this means you can apply for 15% All India Seats. But if you want admission in Indian Institutes of Technology then you will have to appear for JEE Advanced.

The JEE Advanced can be given only after clearing JEE Mains. Only the top 150,00 who have cleared JEE Mains can appear for JEE Advanced.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?