23rd December 2011, 07:20 PM
tanand7

Can I write B.Tech lateral entry exam while doing diploma final year?

I'm a Diploma Final Year student(6th semester). I have a supplementary on the fifth semester. Can I write the B.Tech Lateral Entry Exam 2012??

20th April 2012, 10:59 PM
samrat2512

Default Re: Can I write B.Tech lateral entry exam while doing diploma final year?

hello friend,
Yes you can apply for the lateral entry exam but you can take the admission only afte rcomlete your diploma course...

B.tech lateral entry exam:
B.tech lateral entry exam for the admission in the 2nd year of the b.tech after completing your diploma in which trade in which you have to apply in the B.tech.

Every collages held the own lateral entry exam for the admission in the B.tech.
every collage held the 30% seats for the lateral entry students.

Eligibility for the Lateral entry exam:

Educational qualification:
1.you must be complete your diploma duration 3 years after 10th class with atleast 65% marks from any recognized university.
or you have to passed the diploma of 2 years after 12th class with minimum 65% marks.
or
B.sc from any recognized university with atleast 60% marks .

2. Citizen of india.

Selection process: written test held by the collage every year for the vacant seats of the B.tech .

application procedure: you can collect the application from from collage counter, Banks, post office etc...after fill up the form you can send the form to the respective collage given the prospects..

Thank you!
30th July 2013, 08:54 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write B.Tech lateral entry exam while doing diploma final year?

Yes, you can attend lateral entry entrance exams by final year. But you can join to engineering degree, only if you satisfy the eligibility requirements. Diploma holders with a minimum of 60% marks are usually considered for lateral entry. Thapar University, Punjab University, etc conducts lateral entry entrance test for admission. Exam pattern and syllabus can be collected from University web portal.
30th July 2013, 11:18 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Appearing Candidates are not Eligible for LEET exam

LEET(Lateral Entry Entrance Test) exam is for diploma student who want to join in engineering

Eligibility Criteria:

--->You should have 60% in diploma with out backlogs

--->age limit is of 28 years

Engineering colleges:

Delhi college of Engineering,Delhi

Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,patiala

Punjab Engineering college,Chandigahr

IP-University,Delhi

NITs

All the best..............
19th August 2013, 03:27 PM
singh soorme
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I write B.Tech lateral entry exam while doing diploma final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanand7 View Post
I'm a Diploma Final Year student(6th semester). I have a supplementary on the fifth semester. Can I write the B.Tech Lateral Entry Exam 2012??
No friend,

You are not eligible for writing the Lateral entry exam while in your third year of Diploma course,instead I recommend you to go for coaching of Lateral entry exams in the final year of your Diploma course.There are very few reputed Engineering Colleges which offers admission to Diploma holders,some take Entrance Test whereas some give admission on the basis of Diploma marks.

Most prestigious Engineering Colleges offering Lateral entry admissions on the basis of Entrance Test are:

Punjab University,Chandigarh.

Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.

Guru Gobind Singh IP University,Delhi.

Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.

Harcourt Butler Technological Institute,Kanpur.

On the basis of your rank in the Entrance test,you will be allotted a particular branch.Try to score a good rank if you want to get trade of your choice.

Most prestigious Engineering Colleges offering Lateral entry admissions directly on the basis of Merit are:

Government College of Engineering,Pune.

Punjabi University,Patiala.

Punjab Technical University,Jallandhar.

KIITS University,Orrissa.

Chitkara University,Chandigarh.

Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology,Delhi

Amity School of Engineering and Technology,Noida

Delhi Technological University,Delhi.

Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology,Delhi.

Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Ludhiana

DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology,Jallandhar.

SBS College of Engineering and Technology,Ferozepur.

Chandigarh Group of Colleges,Chandigarh.

Documents required during Lateral entry admissions:
  • 10Th DMC.
  • 12Th DMC(If applicable)
  • PDC(Provisional Diploma Certificate)
  • Character Certificate.
  • Migration Certificate.
  • Residence Certificate.
  • Medical Certificate.

All the best for Exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?