12th July 2021, 02:48 AM
Unregistered

Can a person with eye problem (myopia) get IAS officer job?

Respected sir, kindly I wanted to draw your attention.I have a question that I want to become a IAS officer but I wear glasses 👓 (myopia problem) . Can I get the job?

14th July 2021, 05:36 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a person with eye problem (myopia) get IAS officer job?

Yes, you are eligible for I.A.S after qualifying in all three stages of Civil Service examination.

The required educational qualification to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you need to focus on your preparation and qualify in the examination for the selection. For more information about the examination syllabus and pattern visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th July 2021, 06:20 PM
Pikachuuuu

Yes, You can become IAS officer with Myopia .

Technical and defense sector recruitment requires candidate to be physically and medical fit but civil services want candidate to be mentally and psychologically fit that's why your Myopia won't affect anything.

You just clear each stage of UPSC IAS than you will surely become IAS Officer.
14th July 2021, 09:49 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

There is no limitation in I.A.S for recommendation of person with disability.

So, you are eligible for I.A.S job even having eye problem. The age limit is 21-32 years.

You have to appear and qualify in three ( Preliminary, Mains and Personal Interview ) for the final selection. To get detailed information about the examination syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2021, 10:54 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The acronym IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The recruitment to this service is done through Civil Services examination. Civil Services is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for different services like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS etc.

Eligibility criteria for this exam:

>>Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

>>The age criteria is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

This exam has three stages namely Preliminary exam, Mains exam and Personal interview.

Yes, myopia candidates are eligible for becoming IAS. Vision issues are obstruction in allotment of Indian Police Services.
15th July 2021, 12:54 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Candidates should have proper vision in the eyes. Corrections permitted are spectacles, CL and refractive surgery like LASIK, ICL, IOL, etc. Those who have myopia with macular degenerative changes will be declared unfit for service in the IAS. People with squint in the eyes are fit for service. Night blindness is also not a ground for candidates to be declared unfit.
15th July 2021, 03:40 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Those who have myopia with macular degenerative changes will be declared unfit for service in the IAS.
People with squint in the eyes are fit for service. Night blindness is also not a ground for candidates to be declared unfit.
15th July 2021, 07:54 PM
periwinkle09876

Eyesight weakness is not a problem at all with the prestigious civil services examination and your concern about eyesight does not to surpass those of people who are blessed with eye of knowledge or in more general sense people with blind eyes.
There are many blind IAS Officers.

You can also read the the notification about the physical criteria that is given on the official website.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?