10th November 2018, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

Can a Soldier of Indian Army is eligible to appear for UPSC exam?

Being a part of Indian Army can I apply for Civil Service exam? Or, do I have to resign from the organisation from my current post and then apply for the UPSC exam?

30th April 2022, 07:22 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Soldier of Indian Army is eligible to appear for UPSC exam?

As per the rules Defense personnel cannot take the Civil Services Exam while in service. However, a short service commissioned (SSC) officer in the army can take the exam if he has less than two years of service left and satisfies all the other eligibility conditions of the UPSC CSE.

So, if you have less than two years of service left as an Indian Army Soldier and satisfy the minimum qualification required for appearing in the same examination then only you are eligible while being in service otherwise you will have to resign from the service first.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?