11th February 2016, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria of UPSC exam in correspondence? How to self prepare for UPSC exam? Recommended books to be referred for UPSC exam?

1.can I do UPSC exam in correspondence?
2. How can I prepare for UPSC exam by sitting at home?
3. Is it possible for a person with 70% of 12th marks and degree in BA English literature?
4. What are the books I have to refer for UPSC exam?
5. How many exams I have to face to become a collector.
6. How many years I require to become a perfect collector if I pass all the exams?

14th February 2016, 01:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria of UPSC exam in correspondence? How to self prepare for UPSC exam? Recommended books to be referred for UPSC exam?

Answers to your each and every question is as below:

1. You can not do UPSC exam in correspondence. You must be graduate from any recognized board to apply for exam either in regular mode or distance mode.

2. You can do self preparation by preparing NCERT books. Then reading NCERT books. Hard work is required and proper dedication is necessary.

3. Yes, it is possible for person with 70% marks in 10+2 and degree in BA English.

4. Indian Polity by Laxmikant, Economy by Ramesh Singh, History by Bipin Chandra, Geography by Leong etc.

5. One and only Civil Services exam. You must clear all stages to become Collector.

6. It will take 5-6 years to become District collector after joining services.
14th February 2016, 04:37 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria of UPSC exam in correspondence? How to self prepare for UPSC exam? Recommended books to be referred for UPSC exam?

No examination is not conducted in correspondence that is it is not conducted online. Yes, you can prepare for examination through self study.

Self study is considered as best study and if you go through syllabus you will qualify in examination.

There are many books by different publications and writers you can go with anyone and try to go through English newspaper if possible through The Hindu.

For final recruitment you have to qualify in all three stages of examination. For other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?