7th February 2020, 10:31 AM
Mamokgethwa

Can we join Indian Army without Matriculation - 10th?

Hi, I have not completed 10th or Matriculation Board exams. So, am I eligible to join Indian Army in any department at any post or designation? If yes, then in which department and at which post and what I must do to get there?

8th February 2020, 01:23 AM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can we join Indian Army without Matriculation - 10th?

Minimum educational qualification for joining Indian Army is 8th standard passed.
Indian Army recruits 8th passed candidates as Soldier Tradesman. Age limit: 17-23 years.
To join in this post , you need to pass Physical test, medical test and written examination.
8th February 2020, 07:18 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not join Indian Army without matriculation because even for the post of soldier the candidate should have minimum educational qualification of matriculation from a recognised board.

Official website for more information:
https://www.indianarmy.nic.in
8th February 2020, 08:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join Indian Army without 10th.
After completion of 10th you can join as a SAILOR in Indian Navy for following post:-
COOK
STEWARD
MUSICIANS
TOPAS
HYGIENIST.
8th February 2020, 08:10 PM
Vismithagowda

If you have cleared 10th and are looking to land the post of a Commissioned Officer in the Indian Army, just matriculation won't be sufficient. You'll have to at least have 10+2 schooling under your belt! This entry is called the NDA (National Defence Academy) entry mode.
8th February 2020, 08:11 PM
Vismithagowda

No.
If you have cleared 10th and are looking to land the post of a Commissioned Officer in the Indian Army, just matriculation won't be sufficient. You'll have to at least have 10+2 schooling under your belt! This entry is called the NDA (National Defence Academy) entry mode.
8th February 2020, 09:25 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No,you cannot join Indian Army without completion of matriculation.
Matriculation is basic qualification.
To join Indian Army as a soldier, cook etc.the candidate should have minimum qualification of tenth.
8th February 2020, 10:44 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

No, without qualifying 10th and 12th standard, you can't apply for joining Indian Army.

To join Indian Army, you should have completed 12th standard at least from a recognized Board in any stream (Science or Commerce or Arts).

After 12th standard or while appearing in it, you can apply for anyone of the following two defence exams.
  • NDA
  • TES 10+2

Since, you have not completed 10th standard till now, so currently you can join NCC in which you will get basic training.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?